taultunleashed logo[Tutorial] How to find Everquest 2 addresses | Finding Heat : EverQuest 2 General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 19 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

[Tutorial] How to find Everquest 2 addresses | Finding Heat : EverQuest 2 General Discussions

Posted: July 17th, 2009, 10:41 pm

pursuited112

Total Posts: 224
pursuited112's Reps: 24
THIS TUTORIAL IS ONLY TO BE POSTED ON TAULTUNLEASHED AN NO OTHER WEBSITE. I DO NOT GIVE PERMISSION FOR THIS TUTORIAL TO BE POSTED ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE!

==============================================

Title:
[Tutorial] How to find Everquest 2 addresses | Finding Heat

Purpose:
To show users how to find memory addresses in Everquest 2. The memory address we will be finding is "Heat" which can be found in the persona window in Everquest 2. To open the persona window in Everquest 2 press the "P" button providing your keys are the default settings.

Required:
    Cheat Engine 5.5 which can be downloaded here.
    Everquest 2
    Everquest 2 character
    In-game items that will change your heat (so you can equip and un-equip the items to change the heat variable)
    Patience

1: Open Everquest 2

2: Open Cheat Engine
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

3: Attach Cheat Engine to EverQuest2.exe
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

4: Go into Everquest 2 and check what your heat is at in the persona window.

5: Go into Cheat Engine and search that value, in this case its 2109. To save you time, I have already determined what the value type is. For these variables, they are stored as 2-Bytes. So make sure you change your value type to 2-Byte, otherwise from here on out, it will not work.

6: Go into Everquest 2 and equip or un-equip an item to change your heat value.

7: Go into Cheat Engine and filter your search with the new value. In this case, the new value is: 2511.

8: Now we narrowed our search down to two addresses. One green address and one black address. Now for those who know a little about Cheat Engine, we WANT green addresses. To put it in simple terms, green addresses never change and black addresses do. Meaning when you restart the program green addresses will be the same as last time whereas black addresses will be different everytime.

9: Add both of the addresses to the window below. (Highlight both of the addresses and hit the red arrow, or double click each address separately)

10: Go back into Everquest 2 and equip or un-equip items to cause your Heat number to change. In this picture it was changed to 1506.

11: Go back into Cheat Engine and verify that the number has changed with it. In this case, it has changed. Which is what we want. Now I am going to show you why we choose green addresses over black addresses.

12: Before we go any further, rename the addresses so we better understand them. In this example I am naming them as "Green Address: Heat" and "Black Address: Heat"

13: Now Quit Everquest 2.

14: Start Everquest 2 back up and log in.

NOTES:
We are doing this so the memory address for Heat changes on us and to verify that the address we found still reads the right number.

15: Once Everquest 2 is loaded and your character is logged in, go back to Cheat Engine and re-attach it to Everquest 2 like we did in step 3. A dialog will show as shown in the picture below. Click yes to keep the addresses we were using.

16: Now look at our two addresses. The green address matches our heat value whereas the black address has changed.

17: So now we know that we have our Heat address and everytime we restart Everquest 2, our green address will always show the correct value (unless Sony updates the game, obviously). We also know why we want green addresses and not black addresses, simply because they change everytime the game restarts.

Thats it! Easy as pie, hey? Well not always... I saved you all a bunch of time already knowing what the value type is. When you are searching for variables, you may have to try every value type before you find the correct one. Also, MOST variables are not found in this matter, for they are what I call "evil pointers". And ironically, Speed, X, Y, and Z coordinates are "evil pointers". So I am sorry to say that if you follow this tutorial you will NOT be able to find Speed, X, Y, and Z coordinates.

However, if enough people request that I make a tutorial specific to finding Speed, X, Y, and Z coordinates I might consider doing so.

Seeing as that is what most people will want, to get started I suggest doing Cheat Engines Step 8 tutorial : Multi-Level Pointers. Step 8 is almost exactly the same process in finding Speed and the Coordinates. However before you even begin to do that tutorial I would HIGHLY suggest doing the tutorials step 1 - 7. Reason being is so you have a general grasp on what Cheat Engine can do. Once you reach step 8 you might have some difficulties so here is a link that will help guide you through it.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Please post!

Tutorial done by Pursuited on July 19. 2009.

Last edited by pursuited112 on July 18th, 2009, 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: July 17th, 2009, 11:10 pm

n0z13

Total Posts: 63
n0z13's Reps: 10
premium
was good up till the part you try to change the heat and then started to glitch out and couldnt see anything =[

Posted: July 17th, 2009, 11:16 pm

pursuited112

n0z13 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
was good up till the part you try to change the heat and then started to glitch out and couldnt see anything =[

Let me re-upload the video. I might not get to that until tomorrow, its kinda late right now and I am tired!

Edit: The video gets corrupted when I export it to swf format, so that means I need to re-do it. Give me a little while so I can re-make the tutorial.

Posted: July 18th, 2009, 9:48 pm

pursuited112

Tutorial updated. I decided to do screenshots instead of a video.

As stated in the tutorial, if enough people request that I make a tutorial about how to find Speed and Coordinates specifically to Everquest 2. I may consider doing it.

Well, let me know what you think of this tutorial.

Posted: July 18th, 2009, 10:37 pm

n0z13

Total Posts: 63
n0z13's Reps: 10
premium
my black address says ?? but my green has the correct health so black didnt change. and i dont understand what this is doing?

Posted: July 19th, 2009, 3:02 am

pursuited112

n0z13 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
my black address says ?? but my green has the correct health so black didnt change. and i dont understand what this is doing?

First off, let me explain the value types of a few variables in EQ2.

Speed & Coordinates : Float (involves pointers)
Health, Power, Health Regen, & Power Regen : 4-Byte
The remaining variables in persona window: 2-Byte

Now in the tutorial we went over finding Heat which is a 2-Byte. You stated that you were searching health, which is a 4-Byte. So hopefully you caught that and were able to find what you were looking for.

You said that your green address has the correct value, that is good!
You said that your black address has "??"

Let me better explain what a black address is and what a green address is. Green Addresses are static addresses, which mean the information stored at that particular address will not change (unless sony updates EQ2). Whereas black addresses do the opposite, they are dynamic. Any information stored in a black addresses gets changed everytime Everquest 2 is re-opened. So in your case the information in the black address is now different. That is why we always want green addresses because they wont change when you restart EQ2.

Make Sense?

What is the importance of using green addresses? Well because if you have a program that does what my teleporter does, you need to access memory addresses that will contain the information you need. And you don't want that address to change every single time EQ2 is restarted. This is where pointers come into play. A brief explanation of pointers are addresses that point to another address and then that address stores your information needed. Confusing hey? I know it is and that is why I call them evil!

If you want to read a detailed explanation of what a pointer is, refer to this greatly written documentation about a pointer by clicking here. Keep in mind that its very complex and very confusing to those new to memory in general.

Keeping at the basics, Pointers are 4 byte values that hold the the address of a memory location instead of a normal value. Sometimes pointers point to another pointer, in Everquest 2 the coordinates are as such. More specifically coordinates are multi-level pointers. Which is pointer to a pointer.

Now I realize I went off on a tangent there. Hopefully I answered your question and then some.

Feel free to ask more questions!

Posted: September 13th, 2009, 12:29 pm

cicatric

Total Posts: 2
cicatric's Reps: 2
please make a tutorial for speed!

Posted: September 13th, 2009, 12:33 pm

cicatric

Total Posts: 2
cicatric's Reps: 2
The tutorial to find the heat worked great btw, just would like one for speed now

Posted: September 15th, 2009, 5:24 pm

bearywh1te

Total Posts: 41
bearywh1te's Reps: 1
premium
wow thanks man, thats really cool. So quick question:
assuming I understand memory locations and can find them (which I don't quite yet), and then assuming I have the ability to write straight to these locations and thereby change the values (which I have no idea how to yet), would that change anything in-game or are most of these values also controlled and stored on the server-side of the client and therefore "unhackable"?

Posted: September 16th, 2009, 5:01 am

bhhunter

Total Posts: 73
bhhunter's Reps: 5
MMO Lord
premium
Most of these are server-side and not can't be changed.

Posted: October 2nd, 2009, 4:19 am

rcook01

Total Posts: 6
rcook01's Reps: 2
can some one look at what im doing and tell me what im doing wrong
i can find the first address that handles the speed and if i change it me speed goes up no problem at all.
i then can find the pointer that writes to it
i can then add the pointer to my memory viewer and see me speed work off it

but once i stop The following opcodes changed window my pointer gets lost and i cant get the next pointer

Any help would be awsome

Posted: October 2nd, 2009, 8:07 am

cheatwow

Total Posts: 84
cheatwow's Reps: 7
Active User > 50 Posts
this is a dead program the maker has left the game and will no longer support it

Posted: October 5th, 2009, 3:23 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Ill ask him about it shortly.

Posted: October 6th, 2009, 6:28 am

bhhunter

Total Posts: 73
bhhunter's Reps: 5
MMO Lord
premium
I am no longer working on the program either.
The pointed address for latest is:

EverQuest2.exe+00D959AC
9C offset for speed
5C offset for x,y,z

x,y,z are 2 level pointers and here are the offsets for 1st level:
x: F4
y: F8
z: FC

This is as much as I'll go into as this lets you update anytime by finding the simplest pointer from speed.

Posted: October 6th, 2009, 4:09 pm

rcook01

Total Posts: 6
rcook01's Reps: 2
thanks heaps man that will help heaps

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online