taultunleashed logoIs there a merge? : EverQuest 2 General Discussions - Page 2
newtopic  postreply
 [ 29 posts ]  Previous  1, 2
blue large dot

Is there a merge? : EverQuest 2 General Discussions - Page 2

Posted: June 16th, 2005, 10:48 pm

tault_ohadohad2
tault_ohadohad2's Reps:
I think they are just saying that to keep hope for this dying site.

I mean if they already signed all the legal stuff.

Why dont we have all of xunleashed stuff here...things that make you go hmmmmmmm

Posted: June 16th, 2005, 11:01 pm

tault_bugger
tault_bugger's Reps:
I'll see it when I believe it. ;) In all honesty I have a subscription to both sites and IMO I think the tault site is better. Don't get me wrong xunleashed has things to offer as well it's just my pref. The only thing I'm a big fan of is on xunleashed the forum buttons actually work! If you think about it, it's not really a matter of moving the content one place or another there are alot of things that go behind it. Technical and Legal, they are after all a bussiness, trust me when I say I know how those two can make something drag on for damn near ever.

Posted: June 17th, 2005, 12:16 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
We dont have it because we have tends of thousands of members that need to be put in the xunleashed program server. As well as all the posts and with phpbb you have to have users match up with posts or they wont show. So we cant simply just move it. Also we cant just give out xunleashed to a few people and say okay now everyone else has to wait. Not even the mods get access. As well dying site? Pshaw tault is more active than ever.

Only thing holding us back is the programmer who is working very hard on the script to merge. Its not easy merging 2 giant forums that are over half a gig in size and have it work 100% clean.

Posted: June 17th, 2005, 11:52 am

tault_stigma

Total Posts: 136
tault_stigma's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
Well, if all the legal stuff has been handeled, I'd settle for a free secondary acount to Xunleashed, so I can access the content we have been promised for months on end. Thats all I really care about. Then the admins can have another year to finish the merger for all I care. Couldnt be to hard to organize.

Otherwise, we need a serious ETA. Dosn't matter if the ETA is "one month from now", but it needs to be realistic and achievable. Geting the "within the week" answer for months after months dosn't build much faith towards the seriousness of the site admins.

-Stigma

Posted: June 17th, 2005, 12:12 pm

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
Ok fine, heres your ETA...
When it's done!

Its realistic and achievable.

Posted: June 17th, 2005, 3:58 pm

tault_ohadohad2
tault_ohadohad2's Reps:
This is handled very amaeturish for a paying site.

I think WE ALL agree that if the only part left to do is the forums merge then we shuold have acsess to the content.

All you need to do is upload xunleashed bots and confiremd exploits.

Not the qhole forum.

This shuoldnt take more then 5min tops.

Posted: June 17th, 2005, 6:24 pm

tault_happyadam
tault_happyadam's Reps:
I am truly tired of this continued arguement.

Yes. Tault is a subscription site. You paid for a subscription to Tault. And if you are reading this then you are getting EXACTLY what you paid for. Nothing more. Nothing less.

If you based your subscription on an impending merger with Unleashed, then you misunderstood the timeline or the fact that one was not given or implied.

If it happens, it will happen when it happens. The only thing that Tault or Unleashed have done wrong is announce the merger at all.

Would I have loved to log on this morning to find everything completed? Yes. Without question. Did I feel slighted, ripped off or cheated? No.

For those out there who like to be argumentative by applying my logic to a real world example, let me save you the time:
It is not like having your boss promise you a bonus and then not receiving it. You are mistaking a "bonus" for a "commission". Bonuses are different from commissions. They are generally viewed as merely a gift, an extra, unenforceable gratuity to an employee who is already paid for doing his job.

So, if it helps, think of the merger as a gift. And quit looking a gift horse in the mouth.

added - Please don't turn this thread into a discussion of employment law!

Posted: June 17th, 2005, 8:06 pm

tault_bugger
tault_bugger's Reps:
If you can't wait pay for the other site, it's that simple. Starting another 9 page "when are we merging thread" just pisses the admins off. Just my 2 cents.

Posted: June 27th, 2005, 12:06 pm

tault_vukodlac
tault_vukodlac's Reps:
reply to happyadam,

I did not join here because of the merger. but ive been waiting patiently and still am. we can go back thru the posts where it was said "1 week"..."2 more weeks"..."seriously, we have a programmer....next week"...and it continues. ive come to believe honestly that there will never be a merger. unfortunate. I still look here and contribute if i ever find anything, but i truly think merger was talked about, but someone released info there was going to be a merger before anything was past the "lets talk about it" phase and now there isnt one.

Posted: June 27th, 2005, 8:57 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Well no wrroes this post can stop haha. We got it working. Posting the merger info link that its going to happen tommorow anyways just getting a fast double confirmation from xunleashed. OOOOO yea you heard it we got it working.

Posted: June 28th, 2005, 2:27 am

tault_happyadam
tault_happyadam's Reps:
happyadam (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
The only thing that Tault or Unleashed have done wrong is announce the merger at all.

As I said, if anything was done incorrectly, it was announcing it AT ALL.

But then there would be equally as many upset because they just purchased a sub at XUnleashed a month ago and wish they had only known.

You cannot please all of they people all of the time.

In regards to the post just above, /applause. Looking forward to logging onto X.

Cheers

Posted: June 28th, 2005, 2:54 am

tault_ebrias
tault_ebrias's Reps:
I have a premium membership on www.tault.com. Will i be able to get the stuff from http://www.taultunleashed.com too? What do i have to do for it to get premium access?

Posted: June 28th, 2005, 4:11 am

tault_vukodlac
tault_vukodlac's Reps:
tomorrow....good news. cant wait if its true. otherwise, its just another "we'll have it tomorrow, promise" thing. :)

Posted: June 28th, 2005, 8:40 am

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Wait for the annoucement we will make an official statement shortly of when the merger is going to happen. Everything seems to be working fine after the 2nd time. Just need to make sure it is all fine after the 3rd try cause we really dont want to screw this up haha.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online