taultunleashed logoWhat can we make after spice? : EverQuest 2 General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 9 posts ] 
blue large dot

What can we make after spice? : EverQuest 2 General Discussions

Posted: December 1st, 2004, 5:38 pm

awmax
awmax's Reps:
looking for something easy to make like spice to take char from 14 to ???

anyone have any ideas?

Posted: December 3rd, 2004, 6:23 am

tripmode
tripmode's Reps:
I'm curious about this too, I maxed that out and while the money is good, anyone find anything else we can profit on?

Posted: December 3rd, 2004, 2:11 pm

tc91101
tc91101's Reps:
You can make tier 2 chemistry combines like spoonleaf yucca into washes and sell them for 50 cp each. Cost to make is 6cp for water 6cp for candle and whatever the main ingredient cost which is usually between 1 and 10 cp on my server. That nets you 30 cp min + the xp gain until level 20 maybe. Another good one is raw maple to maple wood and maple shavings from one build which sell for 50cp each I think or 1sp combined. You need one stroma oil or resin not sure which and 1 sand paper. I think you can buy the oil from wholesaler for 16 maybe it is and sand paper for 6 and maple for 6-10 which nets you 68 cp or you can make 4 oil from 1 tuber. Tubers cost about 2-6 on board and you need 1 water and candle which is another 12 cp which means each oil costs 5cp max. Net profit that route would be 73cp per combine + xp gain until 20 again probably. You need advanced scholar scroll 10 for the washes possibly and advanced craftsman volume to for the maple deffinetly. Those are nothing special just the scrolls you buy from the vendor once you take your advanced crafting class passed 10.

Posted: December 4th, 2004, 6:52 am

tripmode
tripmode's Reps:
cool thanks, any idea where the advanced scholar scrolls drop, they are not for sell on the broker :(

Posted: December 4th, 2004, 7:20 am

godfetish
godfetish's Reps:
Buy stuff off the broker that people are charging next to nothing for(Herbs, metals, wood...) and piecemeal together recipes for gains. I've not found anything that can be bought from the wholesale vendor and resold for break-even or better profit and skill gain.

Bit off the original topic concerning scrolls:
I have gotten three. The first was the lvl 7 alchemy I believe and I got that off of a mole rat dropped chest that had a wonderful 110 hp DD + DoT trap. The 110 took me to 1 hp, and I looted just before I died...this was in antonica.

The second was from a snake in antonica, yellow con to 14 I'm fairly certain...kinda NE of the north gate, on the north side of the ridge. This one was the level 9? I'm not certain, I know I had it already from a broker and just brokered it out.

The outfitter scroll I got yesterday, is the level 14, cloth I think? New character needs it, but not able to use yet so I tossed in bank. It was from a commons undead orc or a carrion hound...I was attacked by 3 things at the same time and lost track of which was which.

Either way, I think it is completely random. Out of 200 or so treasure chests, I have seen 3...so I have just assumed that things that drop chests regularly give the best chance to get a "bump" on the loot table to something better like a scroll or magic item. Out of all those chests, I have coincidentally or not, seen 3 out of the ordinary magic items drop from standard chest dropping critters...take it as you will.

Posted: December 6th, 2004, 4:06 am

jofolk
jofolk's Reps:
I am running two characters right now. One is a lvl 23 Woodcrafter and the other is a lvl 18 Scholar. I got them both to lvl 14 with a spice macro. For the woodcrafter, craftsman, I just went to the broker and bought as much of the following items as possible; wheat, vanilla, thyme, and black tea (stack up on oranges for later). These are all lvl 14 items and yeild 1sp from merchants. I will buy them just as long as they are 60cp or less. Even if I buy them for 60cp each you will still profit 28cp per craft and get some good XP. Once you get up to lvl 16 you can make orange juice. Start crafting that at about lvl 18 so you make better stuff. They sell for 1sp each so use the same price guidelines when buying. I usually load up on broker bought items and set up an AFK macro to run all night and before I go to work in the morning I hit the broker again and load back up. I have done this for a week or so and I have 5gp in the back from all AFK macroing. For my Scholar I buy mushrooms, soapweed, tree fern, and a bunch of other things. The only step one items are lvl 10 and they sell for 50cp each so the profit isn't really there.

I hoped this hepled.

Posted: December 6th, 2004, 9:03 am

tripmode
tripmode's Reps:
can you get to 20 just using the 1-step level 10 items? I would guess you can it'll just take a while

Posted: December 7th, 2004, 12:25 pm

tc91101
tc91101's Reps:
Anyone have any luck using macros on the forge. I am a 21 jeweler and currently using carbonite but I tend to take a ton of damage if I hit the wrong button. Maybe I am just too low level. Carbonite is an even build too me right now. It only happens on the forge though. I can build an even on all the other stations just fine.

Posted: December 10th, 2004, 4:57 am

jofolk
jofolk's Reps:
I can only assume you can get to 20 on doing lvl 10. If you can get lvl 14 only doing spice which is lvl 3 I can only assume you can get to lvl 21 doing only lvl 10. I have lvl 21 woodcrafter and a lvl 19 scholar and my scholar is stilling get xp from lvl 10 stuff.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online