taultunleashed logoEQ2: AMAZING tactic/exploit : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info
newtopic  postreply
 [ 36 posts ]  1, 2, 3  Next
blue large dot

EQ2: AMAZING tactic/exploit : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info

Posted: February 28th, 2005, 7:33 am

tault_vladteppes
tault_vladteppes's Reps:
This is NERFED, read down for NEW exploit.

Ok... I figured this one out solo, yet I'm certain others do something nearly identical. I'm going to break it down into steps, but first I will tell you what the rewards are:
a.) Skillbooks! (ALL are of Adept I OR Master I rank for all classes. The skillbooks, however, will have a maximum mastery of below 100; thus, the skills are for all classes below lv. 20 and they include ALL manner and varieties of skills).
b.) Tier 1 and 2 rare raw material drops (primarily tier 2). I've gotten about 8 forms of raw coral (be it chipped coral or raw coral itself) along with approximately 30 Blackened iron raw-like items (such as a broken blackened iron anklet) within a night's time.

Now, the steps in order to easily reap these rewards:
1.) YOU MUST BE ALIGNED TO FREEPORT
2.) Simply kill the 4 groups of union member 858's located in Thieve's Way, the Freeport sewer system (note, the union members MUST pose a threat to your character in order for them to drop a chest).

Finally, here is the best method(s) to complete the steps:
I.) I suggest levelling your character to lv. 10, then right clicking on his xp gauge and selecting "Disable Combat XP" - This will permit all of the lv. 7 and lv. 8 groups of union members to still pose a threat, your character has the benefit of being his first chosen profession (which really helps with soloing these groups), and you needn't worry about levelling to 11 with combat xp disabled.
II.) Here's the actual exploit... I'm not too certain, but every group of union members guarantees a chest drop; with a high chance of getting an adept I skill, various type of raw material, etc, and ALWAYS contains a junk item such as sackcloth boots, sewage etched longsword, or Choggle's Toolbox (while the toolbox is a quest starter, that makes only the first one worth looting... however, the other junk items are all worth 1s24c to sell to a merchant such as one located in your crafting society, and less to many other merchants... this cash can buildup quite a bit and help provide equipment for your character early on).

Hope this helps!! (Could use points if anyone is impressed, plus, if my method is VERY IMPRESSIVE, would really appreciate free membership to alleviate having to pay for access).

Guys, enjoy this, coz I sure have =)

Posted: February 28th, 2005, 7:53 am

tault_o0ofoulo0o
tault_o0ofoulo0o's Reps:
Tried it, it works great on test, so the main servers have a few more days to exploit this!

Posted: February 28th, 2005, 3:06 pm

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
Do you mean that you need to kill ALL 4 groups before getting a chest drop? Or does every group drop chests?

Posted: February 28th, 2005, 6:25 pm

tault_o0ofoulo0o
tault_o0ofoulo0o's Reps:
Once I kill all 4 groups a chest pops up for me, but it itsn't 100% more along the lines of 70%

Posted: March 1st, 2005, 4:43 am

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
heh ok, and these 4 groups, are they in different places or do they spawn over the top of each other?
It sounds like a bit of work just for a chest 70% of the time.

Posted: March 1st, 2005, 9:51 am

tault_vladteppes
tault_vladteppes's Reps:
each and every ONE group drops a chest every time. there are 4 groups... thus, 4 chests... =p. Make a cycle... if you have the entire place to yourself (like I do), they respawn in sequencial order and I can keep killing over and over non-stop...
I average about 2 adept I skills every 5 minutes (with the chance of a rare or others being dropped at same time)

Posted: March 3rd, 2005, 9:03 am

tault_sandman_fr
tault_sandman_fr's Reps:
I tried it and got adepts, but seems only one spawn manageable for my gimp fight atm. Maybe when I get him an adept skill he can use be easier on the bigger groups. All and all a great tip.

Posted: March 4th, 2005, 1:58 pm

tault_vladteppes
tault_vladteppes's Reps:
why is ist every time I post something brilliant and original I end up LOSING contest points rather than gaining them? thought this would be worth quite a few... but guess it was worth taking away ALL of mine... =(

Posted: March 4th, 2005, 2:37 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
You didnt loose points every month we reset them after the contest. IE we just reset them this month today 2 days later to try and let some more people get points to enter the contest because we started it late last month. Just need a confirmation from a mod or something that they feel its worthy. Its a community not a tyranny. If the people feel its worthy mine or the mods opinions dont matter :)

Posted: March 4th, 2005, 6:36 pm

tault_vladteppes
tault_vladteppes's Reps:
try it urself, bud, takes about 1 hour tops to get to lv. 10,, and if u have a higher lv. character already, u can provide the character with good equipment which helps. if you sell all the skills (and aren't providing them to your guild, like I am), you'd make around 1p/day selling all the rares and skills you earn each day (if thats not the fastest cash scheme on here, just delete it); I simply find it fastest/easiest.

Posted: March 5th, 2005, 7:13 pm

tault_vladteppes
tault_vladteppes's Reps:
heh... well... its definitely caught on... this is all I can say... and I can honestly say.... I THOROUGHLY REGRET coming forth with the info... got a guy taking his enitre guild down there and camping it... and if I go down and just because I happen to be quicker than most of them, they bring a main just to make certain I no longer can get ANY kills... can you say KS? lol time to find a new spot!

Posted: March 5th, 2005, 9:30 pm

tault_o0ofoulo0o
tault_o0ofoulo0o's Reps:
:? I think that the fact that I play on test and we have a lot of differences from the main servers may be what changed that on test, because I got a mage upto 10 and had my friend make a level 10 warrior and we started playing down there with a party of a few others, within the hour all of our skills were adepts, this was on a live server though. But after all isn't that what counts? 8)

Posted: March 8th, 2005, 11:41 pm

tault_sandman_fr
tault_sandman_fr's Reps:
This patch has me concerned that this lil gravy train done. I quote a little piece of it:

- Encounter drops are now separated by the high and low levels for each zone. For example, level 12 solo encounters in Antonica will drop level 10-14 appropriate gear, spells, and recipes. A level 16 solo encounter in Antonica will drop level 15-19 items.

Posted: March 9th, 2005, 2:32 am

tault_erichb1
tault_erichb1's Reps:
nerfed. doesnt work anymore.

Posted: March 10th, 2005, 3:58 pm

tault_vladteppes
tault_vladteppes's Reps:
still works, still getting adept drops, but very rarely getting raw material drops now. so keep trying-still works. (don't expect EVERY chest to drop a skill) pretty much 1 out of 3 chests drops a skill or other valuable object, etc

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online