taultunleashed logoEQ2 Exploit: Charmed mob exploit 1-70 in 2 Weeks. : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info - Page 2
newtopic  postreply
 [ 65 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
blue large dot

EQ2 Exploit: Charmed mob exploit 1-70 in 2 Weeks. : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info - Page 2

Posted: May 1st, 2006, 2:28 pm

mdx360
mdx360's Reps:
its a yay vote from me. this works 1-70 in 2weeks

Posted: May 3rd, 2006, 6:52 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
500 to you.

Posted: May 4th, 2006, 4:17 pm

demekeq
demekeq's Reps:
This has been floating on the official EQ forums for a few weeks, lol.

Posted: May 4th, 2006, 4:43 pm

tweak13
tweak13's Reps:
Can't seem to do it without dien any better pointers

Posted: May 4th, 2006, 5:07 pm

tault_divinepower
tault_divinepower's Reps:
You need to do a point of damage to the mob before charming it.

And yeah, I caught wind of it on eq forums - but it doesn't stay too visible on forums. Surprised it still works as I think that has been possible for a month or more now. I tried it out on my necro with undead charm to test.

Posted: May 4th, 2006, 6:26 pm

d53642
d53642's Reps:
Its not just with pets, if you have a second comp or friend that can help you all you have to do is hit the monster once and if the other guy kills it (not grouped with you) you get the xp. Easy way to level you toon. The 50% isn't being factored in but this was also prior to the live update 23.

Posted: May 6th, 2006, 4:32 am

goulian
goulian's Reps:
I was wondering if anyone has tried this with a necro. As you probably know a necro can mez undead mobs. I am going to give this a try. Will post results later.

Posted: May 7th, 2006, 12:37 am

mammal
mammal's Reps:
Hmm.. interesting.. tried and worked.

But there is more.. I am on a pvp server and accidently "dismissed" my pet while it was fighting.. needless to say, two ^^^ heroics running toward me killed me quickly but I actually lost fame and GAINED status for dying to me pet..lol.. tried to reproduce but couldn't quite get it. Maybe someone else can figure it out and post it??

Posted: May 7th, 2006, 3:32 am

batmanager
batmanager's Reps:
So, is there a "speedy" way of using this? perhaps a rooted mob that wont or cant attack ya after it kills your pet? Anyone have a good technique?

Posted: May 7th, 2006, 6:03 am

tault_divinepower
tault_divinepower's Reps:
yeah, it works for necros if u can find a good supply of undead heroics - I couldnt find any for t7

Posted: May 8th, 2006, 8:03 pm

llamapoopy
llamapoopy's Reps:
i dont really understand what you do or how to do the charm. And why is it necessary? How do you get that much exp in 2 weeks??

Posted: May 9th, 2006, 1:01 am

mammal
mammal's Reps:
Furies absolutely rock at this.. especially once u hit high 40's..can easily go into mid 60's i think.. after that itll get a LOT harder to find animals to charm.. same with necros and under in the 60s... pre 60 (maybe even pre 65) there are plent of good places to hunt heroic animals as a fury/warden with charm AA/mez.. might write a guide this next week after im done leveling off this.

Posted: May 10th, 2006, 3:43 pm

tault_lostsk8r
tault_lostsk8r's Reps:
wait so wahts the effecient way of doign this, what do you do when your pet dies that makes it so fast, i keep getting OWNED by the thing that killed my pet, do you stun it and charm that one?

Posted: May 10th, 2006, 4:53 pm

llamapoopy
llamapoopy's Reps:
what is the charm??

wont the mob kill you??

Posted: May 11th, 2006, 2:01 am

mammal
mammal's Reps:
dunno how others do it.. but get the fury AA ability to charm... wait until you charmed pet dies.. get xp.. and immediatley mez the animal (AA ability right before charm for furies).. once mezzed charm new pet. I imagine coercers work the same cuz.. well.. they get mez and charm but as normal spells.

Also, You do NOT need to do dmg to the mob to get xp.. your pets small ammount of dmg before it dies will still get you full xp. the only time I do damage to the mob is when I first start out hunting (or die heh).. pull with a DD spell and then mez the mob.. and charm.. the click off the mez spell (pet isnt very effective if its is mezzed..) in your maintained spell bar.. voila! :)

If you need more help feel free to PM me.. i will help you out.. and can give u some pointers if u are a fury along with where furies can hunt heroic animals from 40-50 or so..

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online