taultunleashed logoEQ2 Exploit: Charmed mob exploit 1-70 in 2 Weeks. : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info - Page 4
newtopic  postreply
 [ 65 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
blue large dot

EQ2 Exploit: Charmed mob exploit 1-70 in 2 Weeks. : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info - Page 4

Posted: May 21st, 2006, 5:51 pm

mdx360
mdx360's Reps:
step by step
1. charm mob
2. target new mob
3. send pet in
4. when you pet dies mez or root ( i prefer me, resists are less common)
5. charm the mezzed mob.
6. target new mob
7 send it in (when this one dies you will get xp) when it dies
8.when you pet dies mez or root
9. charm mob
10. repeat at your lesiure...befriend( in the charm line) is a level 2 spell... just go somewhere with blue to orange^^^s and do as i stated above and leveling will be godly. from 67-70 i was getting 1% a kill with vit.

Posted: May 21st, 2006, 5:59 pm

mdx360
mdx360's Reps:
daarkwood (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Wow, this works amazingly well, even when grouped. It's simple to duo with this technique--one guy does crowd control and the other does the charm. It's a bit harder solo, but still possible, because of the possibility of charm breaks. You really need an ADEPT 3 or MASTER to get the most of this technique.

-Daark

yea, on the adept3/master comment but you dont have to have it...but twinking is so much fun =)

Posted: May 26th, 2006, 8:22 am

cheetarius
cheetarius's Reps:
First, the 50% rule has to do with loot and out-of-group high-level aggro holders.

For the Coercer (don't know about any other class that charms), this works amazingly well. A friend told me about it 3 weeks ago. I had a level 16 Coercer/69 Alchemist (my Alchy) just sitting around, so I figured I'd try it.

Master your root, your mezz and your ego shock. Don't master your charm, use Adept 3. All other spells are unimportant and it is frankly counterproductive to run your buffs. Just run mage's shielding and breeze.

The Adept3 charmed pet dies faster than the Master I charmed pet. You want your pet to die fast because that's how you get XP fast. People who group with me are amazed at the rate of XP gain. And that's 1/2 the rate I get solo. At level 27, I could keep up with the spawn rate on ^^^ 29-32 Golems in RoV. A full group of 30-32 fighting hard could kill maybe 2-3 of the Golems while I was killing all the rest by myself. Naked.

Sure, every 6-7 mobs you might die, but the debt disappears after 1 kill.

The trick is enabled by two facts:

1. When you charm a ^^^ pet, it gets nerfed down to, effectively, a single-down arrow mob.

2. When you do a little damage (or your pet does) to a mob before you charm it, then charm it, then have it die under charm, you get XP as if you killed it.

Note: most names are un-charmable. At higher levels, some ^^^'s are uncharmable. In SS, we cannot charm the Dune Tarantulas.

Posted: May 31st, 2006, 10:32 am

tweak13
tweak13's Reps:
Nerfed Just tried with my 49 coercer on butcher no good... kk nevermind messed with my ui is all patch did

Posted: June 1st, 2006, 4:20 pm

mistrornge
mistrornge's Reps:
Working very well.
From the Snow leopards at 44 or so I moved one area higher to the Tundra Terrors and Wooly Mammoths until 48 as mentioned. Will move to DoF at 48 as suggested by others.

Posted: June 1st, 2006, 4:44 pm

mistrornge
mistrornge's Reps:
I am killing heroics 4 levels above me.
My method:
Root mob
Lower resists with ______ Psyche spell
Nuke
Charm
Send against other heroic
At 50% of pet's health lower resists
At 25% of pet's health root
Sometimes I will mez if root seems to have been on a while
Charm new pet after death of other

Posted: June 8th, 2006, 9:08 am

squirrelycc

Total Posts: 109
squirrelycc's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
I tested this out after reading this post 2 days ago. Never before played a mage class... but I made an alt and leveled up to 20 in under 20 hours of play time solo. Followed what the forum said and I seriously got 5% to 8% per kill (for mobs). Only thing I suggest is that you purchase high adept spells or master spells for charming pets. Good Post! I confirm it!

Posted: June 8th, 2006, 11:25 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
This should in theory work for Necromancers as well right?

Loraik

Posted: June 8th, 2006, 11:27 am

apoc69
apoc69's Reps:
Can necro's charm?

Posted: June 8th, 2006, 11:45 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
They can charm Undead.

Loraik

Posted: June 8th, 2006, 12:10 pm

apoc69
apoc69's Reps:
Well give it a try and let us know.

Posted: June 8th, 2006, 1:38 pm

rphister

Total Posts: 13
rphister's Reps: 0
Anxious to hear if Necro's can do this.. At what lvl do necro's get Charm of Undead. If anyone trys this with a Necro, please advise what mobs and lvl's work best.

Posted: June 8th, 2006, 1:48 pm

rphister

Total Posts: 13
rphister's Reps: 0
The spell name is control Undeath and it is a lvl 55 Necro Spell. I am only 40 so i can not use this spell yet, but here is the description.. I am not sure if the chance to break is the same as a coercers but I have 15 more lvl's til I find out.

"Allows the necromancer to command an undead opponent The opponent has a recurring chance to resist the charm throughout its duration. Higher ranks of this spell will decrease the chance at a periodic resist."

Posted: June 10th, 2006, 7:57 am

tault_divinepower
tault_divinepower's Reps:
yeah, it works for necros too on undead

Posted: June 14th, 2006, 12:35 pm

fuesad
fuesad's Reps:
Seems they fixed this in todays patch. Thats to bad only made it into the 40's

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online