taultunleashed logoCraft with any tier fuel : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 23 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

Craft with any tier fuel : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions

Posted: March 1st, 2005, 11:33 pm

godfetish
godfetish's Reps:
Sounds retarded, but they haven't changed anything except added the higher priced fuels to the vendor. I was crafting away with the 9s fuels until I noticed that the lower ones were filling the slot.

You can craft with tier 1 fuels still with any recipe. No bug to do, nothing special, just load up and go. It does affect your sellback price, but it doesn't seem to make a difference in durability or difficulty of the craft.

Hadn't seen this anywhere so I figured I would post it...and didn't want to post in public, so I bought the subscription =)

Tested with carpentry, alchemy, provisioning, runecraft, tailoring...

Posted: March 2nd, 2005, 12:00 am

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
I tried to use lower level fuel and it would not let me.

Posted: March 2nd, 2005, 12:12 am

godfetish
godfetish's Reps:
Odd, we have 4 accounts running lower tier fuels...for every craft. It just does it...

Build is 1717L if that makes a difference, but I'm sure that is the latest eq2 client release.

Posted: March 2nd, 2005, 12:17 am

godfetish
godfetish's Reps:
Are you trying the lowest level fuel? the 1cp or 4cp one? ie candle, sandpaper, insence...yada yada

Grasping at straws here...thought sure it was a gamewide bug that just nobody made public.

Posted: March 2nd, 2005, 1:27 am

wyvernx

administrator
premium
I'm an alchemist. I've tried all different kinds of fuel. The only ones that will work on the 30 recipe's is the two most expensive ones.

Posted: March 2nd, 2005, 1:35 am

godfetish
godfetish's Reps:
This is boggling...I can craft any item with the base fuel. It doesn't matter if it is the new books, the old ones or what class. Seriously, crafting planed ash boards on one PC with the 4c sandpaper, t3 chems and t5 inks with 4c candles all day today, and t2 food with the 1c wood. Watching the roomie craft t5 WORTs, and my sister crafting t4 food...

Why would ours work this way and not yours? Maybe you have a localized version? FR or GER?

Posted: March 2nd, 2005, 1:46 am

wyvernx

administrator
premium
I'm guessing that you are just lucky. A friend said he got it working with any fuel for a few crafts, then his is like mine. Now he cannot use any fuel anymore. I'm guessing your client will eventually fix you too. I'm using the standard USA version.

Posted: March 2nd, 2005, 1:47 am

wyvernx

administrator
premium
Hm... something I'm wondering. Did you buy the fuel new? Or are they left overs from before the patch?

Posted: March 2nd, 2005, 2:23 am

barlad
barlad's Reps:
I tried leftovers from before the patch and it did not work for me either.

Posted: March 2nd, 2005, 6:12 am

kenshiro
kenshiro's Reps:
I have 3 characters, Sage, Woodworker and Alchemist. All of them can use the 4c fuel for Tier 3 crafting. And it still works. As I know everyone on my server can use this trick. All fuels are newly bought.

However, at the moment after the big patch, I DO need some new fuel, but not now.

Posted: March 2nd, 2005, 10:08 am

ammonihah
ammonihah's Reps:
This is strange indeed. I have no problems using the cheapest fuel for all of my crafting. My friend is the one who showed me the error of my ways ;-) Much cheaper I must say, but I thought this was game wide as well.

Posted: March 2nd, 2005, 5:05 pm

nuad
nuad's Reps:
That's already nerfed on Test...

Posted: March 2nd, 2005, 5:31 pm

godfetish
godfetish's Reps:
That's to be expected...I still wonder wy some can do it, while others cannot. Hope it helps at least one person, even a little, before the fix is in.

Posted: March 2nd, 2005, 5:34 pm

godfetish
godfetish's Reps:
wyvernx";p="57298 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Hm... something I'm wondering. Did you buy the fuel new? Or are they left overs from before the patch?

Both new and old fuels...grabbed some coal I had on an alt I haven't touched since before patch and am making carbonite studs right now with it.

Posted: March 3rd, 2005, 10:06 pm

timrilla
timrilla's Reps:
You have to have at least one of the appropriate fuels in your inventory. When you bring up the recipe, click change and select the cheap fuel.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online