taultunleashed logoEQ2Extreme with Exhume : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 3
newtopic  postreply
 [ 252 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next
blue large dot

EQ2Extreme with Exhume : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 3

Posted: September 14th, 2007, 9:59 am

lordbeowulf
lordbeowulf's Reps:
wyvernx (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
OH, I see. Yes, you can load eq2extreme via a COM create call just like the eq2 service without havintg to load eq2extreme, but you will not have access to any exhume functions if you do.

So yes its a little ackward and I'm hoping that it will be fixed so that you can default a specific script or get the compile to exe working very shortly.

Sorry to be so slow ... but begging your patience as a total newb ... I don't quite follow the doc support of the COM.CreateComObject command ... I tried this but ... I'm not doing something right?

(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):
'****MyExhumeSample.VBS

Dim oEQData
set oEQData = COM.CreateCOMObject("eq2extreme.exe")

if (oEQData is NOTHING) then MsgBox "Nothing"

Dim oPlayer
Dim PlayerName
set oPlayer = oEQData.Player
PlayerName = oPlayer.Name

MsgBox PlayerName

MsgBox pops up with ... Nothing

Thanks for tips and help!

Posted: September 14th, 2007, 6:07 pm

gheezer
gheezer's Reps:
If you are running your script in EQ2Extreme.exe then you do not need to create the EQ2 object, just use the EQ object. (Example: MsgBox EQ.Player.Name)

If you are running in Exhume.exe try this:
(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):
'****MyExhumeSample.VBS

Dim oEQData
set oEQData = COM.CreateCOMObject("EQ2Extreme.EQ2")

if (oEQData is NOTHING) then MsgBox "Nothing"

MsgBox oEQData.Player.Name

Always reference the object directly to get updated data and only use a variable if you don't want the data to change in the middle of your function (usually in loops)

For instance, I create a variable and set it to the player object in my radar display loop so the player position doesn't change while I am drawing.

Hope that helps :)

Posted: September 15th, 2007, 8:47 am

rbatemanmi
rbatemanmi's Reps:
Gheezer,

Looking at all the items you've exposed on the EQ2 class, I don't see anything for NODES. Your call for GetMobs only seems to walk the Mob chain in EQ2. If I substitute any other value except EQ2.TYPE_MOB I get an empty collection.

Any suggestions?

G

Posted: September 15th, 2007, 3:01 pm

gheezer
gheezer's Reps:
Make sure you explicitly pass a long value:

EQ.GetMobs(&HF808&)

Or pass 0 to return all objects.

Posted: September 19th, 2007, 4:04 pm

rbatemanmi
rbatemanmi's Reps:
Is the 9/18/2007 release of EQ2Extreme still working??? I got an update today - without a version number increase for the game...

G

Posted: September 19th, 2007, 5:07 pm

gheezer
gheezer's Reps:
Should be, works for me.

Posted: September 20th, 2007, 1:53 pm

rbatemanmi
rbatemanmi's Reps:
I think I've found my difficulty....

EQ.Zone doesn't return a zone name for me. I'm getting an empty string back. To be sure I didn't trash my script, I went back to the example script that replaced the oPlayer.Name entry with EQ.Zone... And it's displaying blank.

Any chance anyone else is seeing this? I'm getting the same results on 2 different machines.

G

Posted: September 20th, 2007, 3:29 pm

gheezer
gheezer's Reps:
Could be broken, let me check it.

Posted: September 20th, 2007, 6:23 pm

gheezer
gheezer's Reps:
Yup, it was broken. Updated version posted with the fix.

Thanks rbatemanmi

Posted: September 23rd, 2007, 6:00 pm

gheezer
gheezer's Reps:
Update posted to GForge. Should help with the Vista crashes for non-Exhume apps.

Check the post in the confirmed section for new installation instructions.

Posted: September 24th, 2007, 7:11 pm

gheezer
gheezer's Reps:
New installer posted to correct folder permissions.

Posted: September 26th, 2007, 7:22 am

staz27

Total Posts: 88
staz27's Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I don't mean to sound ungrateful Gheezer, but it appears your latest release breaks Scripted VB modules... Referencing EQ.Zone generates the error: Object variable or With block variable not set. I get the same with EQ.Mobs(). EQ.PlayerStats errors out too. I'm sure there are others, I've only looked at these while playing with my script.

I'm not a Visual Basic person - sorry... But I can muddle thru VBS well enough :) I'm unsure if I want to go to the extreme of locating a copy of VB6 and write all of my stuff in that - more work than I wish to do at this point.

Suggestions?

Staz

Posted: September 26th, 2007, 11:37 am

slam666

Total Posts: 1184
slam666's Reps: 1
premium
staz27 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I don't mean to sound ungrateful Gheezer, but it appears your latest release breaks Scripted VB modules... Referencing EQ.Zone generates the error: Object variable or With block variable not set. I get the same with EQ.Mobs(). EQ.PlayerStats errors out too. I'm sure there are others, I've only looked at these while playing with my script.

I'm not a Visual Basic person - sorry... But I can muddle thru VBS well enough :) I'm unsure if I want to go to the extreme of locating a copy of VB6 and write all of my stuff in that - more work than I wish to do at this point.

Suggestions?

Staz

It is working fine with VB, I am using VB 2008 right now and my script is working fine. I just transfer 17000 lines of code from Vbs to VB, yes its a major pain.

Author of EQ2Ultrabot, NOW WITH CRAFTING!!!
Read this before asking for help

Posted: September 26th, 2007, 2:52 pm

gheezer
gheezer's Reps:
Let me know what scripting host are you using so I can test it. Isolating EQ2Extreme COM from Exhume took some major changes so there may be bugs to work out.

Posted: September 26th, 2007, 8:47 pm

staz27

Total Posts: 88
staz27's Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Trying to load eq2extreme as a hosting environment does not give me the ability to load any scripts. With neither .exe in the msi. Using exhume as it's the only host that will let me load scripts (plus I use some of the other, non EQ specific features of exhume that my script uses...)

Should I not load in Exhume either? And if not, what scripting host do you recommend?

Staz

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online