taultunleashed logo‘EQ2MegaBot’ v2.0 First Public Release - Buff Bot : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 18 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

‘EQ2MegaBot’ v2.0 First Public Release - Buff Bot : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions

Posted: February 13th, 2005, 12:18 pm

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
‘EQ2MegaBot’ - By RichyRich (richyrich@toadmail.com)
Last Update: 2/13/05 v2.0

This is the first public release of EQ2MegaBot. Right now it is only a buff bot, meant to have a 2nd character follow you around to help you fight, buff you, heal you, etc.

Head to downloads to find it.

Please read the RTF file in detail on how to set it up and the INI file help. It has a lot of options, so not for the first timer to setup - please ensure your XU and EQ2Service are working before even trying to set EQ2MegaBot up.

It is a pretty powerful BOT engine which can be FULLY customized to your bar setup, your commands, your triggers, etc. It keeps track of tons of things, such as when to cast the next spell, how long until you can recast, etc.

It will fight back if attacked and defend itself and you can also ask the Bot to assist you and it will. In the middle of assisting you, you can request a heal and the bot will stop fighting, heal you, and go back to fighting.

Lots more to be posted about it, but really wanted to get the first version here released to get people starting to use it.

This is the first public release, so I'm sure it is going to have some issues that need to be worked out as people try it out. I will do my best to respond to requests, but travel a lot during the week and don't check the boards much during the week.

A big problem right now with EQ2Service and Buttons is it crashes a AMD system, so if you have an AMD, I'm sorry to say you'll have to wait until Admin/Wyv figure out what is causing it to crash - sorry :-(

Good luck!

Hope you enjoy it.
Please send any feedback and feature requests.

Rich

Posted: February 13th, 2005, 11:02 pm

mally42
mally42's Reps:
OMG I love you!!!! Hopefully I can get this working just downloaded it...

Posted: February 14th, 2005, 11:12 am

blueknight

Total Posts: 136
blueknight's Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Sweet! Will try it today and give feedback.

Posted: February 15th, 2005, 9:04 am

mally42
mally42's Reps:
WOW man awesome!!! Very well done! I had set it up for my wife's defiler and it was working great. I ran around last night for a few hours and ran into few problems. Lots of fun! However like most things in my life I screwed something up and I'm not sure what.... I was hoping maybe you can shed some light on this error in the logs.

(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):
2/15/2005 11:15:43 AM: ERROR: Can't get Player Z
2/15/2005 11:15:43 AM: Player X, Y, Z - Heading: 747, -162, -1 - 320
2/15/2005 11:15:43 AM: EXITING - Could not read Location Log - Try turning on the Log from within EQ2 and verify the filename - use Tail to test if you have to
2/15/2005 11:15:43 AM: *** Script Complete!

Now the log file is there and it is logging fine.

And here's what I did that seemed to make it stop working... After a little while of running around and fighting I decided I wanted to change the combat squence a little bit.... then ran into the problem. I tried undoing the changes I made and I'm still running into the same problem. I even tried taking out the combat squence all together and just inserted a "~" after the equal sign (i.e. InitialCombatSequence1STR=~)

Not sure what could be wrong, I'm a total noob so sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm not sure what else to do. I'm thinking of ditching the script and reinstalling it from your download... But I'd perfer not to it already too me hours to figure it out and get all the commands setup..

Any help would be apperciated...

Posted: February 15th, 2005, 10:35 am

mally42
mally42's Reps:
OK looks like I fixed it but I thought I'd share what I did...

I went through a ton of unnecessary BS... deleted the script, redownloaded it and deleted the character ini files and log files and tried to start over as clean as possiable...

After spending at least 2 hours, reading, changing stuff, and just generally being confused as hell... I decided hummm, well can't read location... wtf. Well I have been standing in the same spot for a while lets run a little bit and restart the script... and what do ya know it ran. Fortunately I backed up my old script so I reloaded that and it's working great again!

Still not sure what was wrong where I was standing to begin with but oh well... I lesson learned I guess. I gave ya a 10/10 rating this is the script is awesome!!!!

Posted: February 15th, 2005, 3:02 pm

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
Mally - thanks for the great feedback.

The error listed above is when it fails to get the Z value from the EQ2Service Wyv wrote, so it must have been returning a -1, which means it can't find the loc - except now that I think about it, -1 is a valid x, y, z loc in EQ2 - so we have to rethink that...

The error message is misleading as I don't read the loc from the log anymore, right from the EQ2 service, so I"ll clean that up too - thank you!

Wyv - we might want to make it a NULL/NOTHING value, or -99999 which shouldn't exist in the world.

Rich

Posted: February 15th, 2005, 3:36 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
Good idea. Just make the changes in the EQ2Service.vbs as you deem necessary and send me the changes.

Posted: February 15th, 2005, 6:32 pm

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
You got it!

Posted: February 15th, 2005, 9:50 pm

mally42
mally42's Reps:
SO yay!!! I been tweaking the script for my wife's character and it's been working out great! I've manage to go through nearly 2 lvl's so far! I do have another question. In the response sequences I set up the following commands but they don't work and I check about 100 times the hotkeys and spell times are right. But it's not working... any ideas?

(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):
ResponseSequenceSTR=sow please,qb3,SOW Request,8,4s,5s,MASTER,sow you,qb3,SOW
Request,8,4s,5s,YOURSELF,i am sick,qb3,Cure Noxious,0,1s,8s,MASTER

Last edited by Guest on February 16th, 2005, 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: February 16th, 2005, 3:00 am

rarespawn01
rarespawn01's Reps:
Thanks for this great script Richyrich. I am having problems getting it to work tho. What happens is it will load the scipt and everything then some windows in EQ2 will pop up like its trying to run through the script (although its still loading) my Socials, and Skills and Inventory windows will pop up and then the script will abort with this error:

2005-02-16 11:50:29: ** Leaving VerifyChatLog()
2005-02-16 11:50:29: EXITING - Could not read Chat Log - Try turning on the Log from within EQ2 and verify the filename - use Tail to test if you have to
2005-02-16 11:50:29: *** Script Complete!

I followed your directions and everything to the T and for some reason it don't seem like its opening the log for some reason I have no idea why, the path and everything are correct I've checked them over time after time.

I appreciate your great script and wondering if anyone can help me to get it to work. Thanks in advance

Posted: February 16th, 2005, 8:25 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
mally42";p="55224 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
SO yay!!! I been tweaking the script for my wife's character and it's been working out great! I've manage to go through nearly 2 lvl's so far! I do have another question. In the response sequences I set up the following commands but they don't work and I check about 100 times the hotkeys and spell times are right. But it's not working... any ideas?

ResponseSequenceSTR=sow please,qb3,SOW Request,8,4s,5s,MASTER,sow you,qb3,SOW
Request,8,4s,5s,YOURSELF,i am sick,qb3,Cure Noxious,0,1s,8s,MASTER

I'll need to see the log to figure it out - I need to see how it is loading the sequences as it appears you have it setup properly. Send me a log after a character has sent a request to the bot, this will let me see how it is processing the command. Email it to richyrich@toadmail.com
If you are paranoid about leaving your charname in there, just do a find a replace and change it to something else... It's safe with me as, but you don't know me from anyone, which I understand.

Rich

Posted: February 16th, 2005, 8:47 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
rarespawn01";p="55233 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Thanks for this great script Richyrich. I am having problems getting it to work tho. What happens is it will load the scipt and everything then some windows in EQ2 will pop up like its trying to run through the script (although its still loading) my Socials, and Skills and Inventory windows will pop up and then the script will abort with this error:

2005-02-16 11:50:29: ** Leaving VerifyChatLog()
2005-02-16 11:50:29: EXITING - Could not read Chat Log - Try turning on the Log from within EQ2 and verify the filename - use Tail to test if you have to
2005-02-16 11:50:29: *** Script Complete!

I followed your directions and everything to the T and for some reason it don't seem like its opening the log for some reason I have no idea why, the path and everything are correct I've checked them over time after time.

I appreciate your great script and wondering if anyone can help me to get it to work. Thanks in advance

Rarespawn - I am blind w/o a log file as it is my bible, I wrote a very full features output so I could help people debug it, as it can get pretty complex as there are a lot of options and things it does. Same as above, please email me your log file to richyrich@toadmail.com and change any specifics to your char if you are worried about it. I will review it and get back to you what I see.

Thanks,
Rich

Posted: February 16th, 2005, 8:56 am

mally42
mally42's Reps:
Sent! Thanks for helping richy!

EDIT:
(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
Send me a log after a character has sent a request to the bot, this will let me see how it is processing the command.

I didn't read the instructions so well lol... I'll resend you a snipet of the logs after I send the commands here in a few minutes, sorry.

Posted: February 16th, 2005, 10:04 pm

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
There is going to be a new version coming out this weekend which should remove the need for reading the screen XY locs for your health/power, and soon target health. This should resolve the biggest problem of the window locs being off by a few pixels messng up the reading of the bars. EQ2 encodes the INI files and it was a pain to decode it, and it's not perfect I have found out - so hang in there, if anyone is getting 0% or an odd % on the Health/power readings, this is why - it will be fixed in a few days.

Rich

Posted: February 18th, 2005, 1:49 am

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
The new service will break the bot

I'm sorry.

I had to totally redo the API for the service. I know it will be a pain to change a few of the functions, but it is for the best. The Indexes were just too unstable in crowded areas to be of any use.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online