taultunleashed logoEQ2MegaBot v2.6 - Buff Bot AND HUNTER BOT! Discussion Thread : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 3
newtopic  postreply
 [ 84 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
blue large dot

EQ2MegaBot v2.6 - Buff Bot AND HUNTER BOT! Discussion Thread : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 3

Posted: July 29th, 2005, 3:41 pm

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
markjohnson (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
First, I'd like to say thanks for making such an awesome program.

I just set it up last night and after a few hours of configuring and reconfiguring I finally got it up and running.

I am using it in solo mode and I am having a lot of trouble staying alive.

My first problem is when it stops fighting to heal, when I regen more power back it won't go into combat mode again. I turned it off and it works better, but then I die because I used up all my power.

I also have a problem with heroics. I can't turn it off it seems. I have to fight heroics. is there something I missed or an easy fix to have it ignore heroic mobs altogether?

also having trouble with looting. it doesn't try to loot the crits or chests at all. I have it set on manual and have the the mouse x,y cordinates entered in, but it doesn't open the chests or loot the bodies. It said in the bot window that I had 1 things to loot. and stuck turning. I'm not sure what that meant, but the log looks fine except for this one error I get occasionally.

(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):
7/27/2005 7:45:11 PM: ** Entering GetCon()
7/27/2005 7:45:11 PM: ERROR: Bad MobDiff returned, something is probably wrong with EQ2Service, just defaulting to zero (0) so the script will run, but you will fight anything in the color you are figting
7/27/2005 7:45:11 PM: GetCon() SpawnID:164928, Lvl:37, Name:[a muck dreg] - Mob Diff:100, MobDiff2: 0
7/27/2005 7:45:11 PM: ** GetCon() Mob: [a muck dreg] Lvl: 37 conColor: BLUE - Do we fight based on color: True
7/27/2005 7:45:11 PM: Target to FIGHT Found

Also, is there a way to get my manastone to work? it is my favorite treasure as a healer as I can keep casting spells all day long if I'm not taking large amounts of damage.

Keep up the good work and looking forward to 2.7
-=Mark=-

ps I was just thinking. I tried to add a muck dreg to the things to not attack. maybe that is where the error is coming from. The instructions said to not add anything and that the game will do it for me.

As far as the power regen, looks like it's not reading the power from EQ2Service. I will need an EQ2_MEGABOT_LOGx.log file from the scripts directory so I can look at what is happening.

As far as heroics, there is currently a problem with EQ2Service that WyvernX wrote and it is not returning the right values, so it is being ignored. That is the error you see "ERROR: Bad MobDiff ".

For the looting, again, can't tell w/o the log file, but if you are getting the STUCK message then the bot isn't moving properly. Do you have the LEFT/RIGHT keys setup properly?

Does your bot run around? Turn, etc.?

Rich

Posted: July 29th, 2005, 3:45 pm

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
loraik (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Rich I am still having issues, I sent my info. to your email address if you could please take a look at it I would appreciate it.

markjohnson about your lewt problem I think I recal reading in the directions that you should have a UI mod that allows you to press enter to lewt, I am at work atm so I don't have the directions handy but that might be an issue, just trying to think of things to help ya out.

Loraik

You sent the wrong log file. I need the log file my program creates in the scripts directory, it will be called EQ2_MEGABOT_LOGx.log.

It is TONS of details on what is happening as the scripts runs and the only way for me to see what is going wrong since I'm not seeing the script run live, and as you know, there are TONS of things that could go wrong with so many variables and code and so many different people setting it up.

Thanks,
Rich

Posted: July 29th, 2005, 6:20 pm

tault_sirusdv
tault_sirusdv's Reps:
Hey rich, another interesting feature would be to be able to record a path from evac point / spawn point and run back to corpse / mobs to being fighting again. An option for say when your health drops bellow 10% to have the option to set an Evac key.

aka

1) start script from zone point
2) either use in INI settings or hit RECORD PATH key.
3) run to your hunting spot
4) fight
5) reach 10% HP
6) Call EVAC
7) follow path back to hunting ground starting with nearest waypoint
8) locate corpse if any and retrieve (stealth key maybe for just this part / the whole run back?)
9) start fighting again.

I ask for this because I set up my script to Send me IMs when I find items and get tells and to SMS me when my character dies. And it gets kinda frusterating not being able to reset this awesome megabot.

Last edited by Guest on July 29th, 2005, 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: July 29th, 2005, 6:21 pm

tault_sirusdv
tault_sirusdv's Reps:
Oh also sometimes when you die it does not log you out properly it brings you to character select screen then presses RETURN again and logs you back into game. Not quite sure what causes it but its a hassel.

Posted: July 29th, 2005, 7:25 pm

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
tault_sirusdv (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Oh also sometimes when you die it does not log you out properly it brings you to character select screen then presses RETURN again and logs you back into game. Not quite sure what causes it but its a hassel.

Yeah, I 've noticed this too, haven't been able to find the problem yet...

Posted: July 29th, 2005, 7:29 pm

surfboard
surfboard's Reps:
(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
Ok this happens no matter what ive tried, i get the error "Cannot open log file c:\program files\sony\everquest II\logs\servername\eq2log_charactername.txt"

Assuming you have logging turned on...

The log file for older characters may have been created with improper Capitalization (so that yourchar.txt is not the same as Yourchar.txt)

To fix this: delete your chars current log file c:\program files\sony\everquest II\logs\servername\eq2log_charactername.txt

once you start the game type" \log " at the text prompt a couple times to start and stop logging. (A new log file should be created with the correct name.)

Now when you restart the script- it should work fine.

Posted: July 29th, 2005, 7:42 pm

zigrivers
zigrivers's Reps:
Hey Rich - one other thing that I've noticed that has caused a ton of deaths and I can't seem to figure it out...

When I put both of my characters on auto, the healer is set up to just heal. My necro will have his pet out and the necro is set up to just nuke like crazy until the mob is dead.

The number one reason that I die is that the healer bot targets my pet and is casting heals on my pet (who isnt' taking damage and is at full health) while my necro is beat down until dead. It is a fairly consistent problem and I've been unable to figure out why the healer targets my pet instead of me (especially when there are times that he'll heal the necro just fine).

The only thing I can think of is the new EQ2 code that allows you to hit the function key twice to get somebody's pet? Anyway, is this something that you're aware of? And something that can be fixed? Is there anything I can do to help track this down and fix it? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Let me know if you need further explanation on this.

Thanks!

Posted: July 30th, 2005, 2:44 pm

arthgar

Total Posts: 25
arthgar's Reps: 0
Im not sure what im doing wrong, i finally got this up and running but it seems that i dont move at all, i just stand there and target mobs all around me tring to find one to fight, but it never moves my toon at all, please help?

Posted: July 30th, 2005, 2:53 pm

tault_sirusdv
tault_sirusdv's Reps:
arthgar please post your latest eq2megabot.log file.

Posted: July 30th, 2005, 5:08 pm

surfboard
surfboard's Reps:
arthgar - a few things to check...

Make sure that you changed the EQ2Megabot.ini file to point to your ini
CharINIFile=Yourchar.ini

In your ini make sure that you are offensive mode:
CharRole=OFFENSIVE

That your autorun key is defined the same as in the game:
RunLockSTR=NUMLOCK

and that you set your target range large enough that it will actually attack some of the stuff it sees - In an open field you might try:

RandomRunMode=CLOSESTSCON
RandomRunRange=100

Make sure that you have some initial pulling string defined: (it won't pull otherwise)
InitialCombatSequence1STR=qb3,Anger,9,1s,8s

Finally Ensure that you set the "Do we fight" value correctly for the con mobs you are around.

FightGreen=TRUE
FightGreenLevel=3

At that point, while it may not be perfect- you should at least be moving. If not look for the error in your log.

Posted: July 31st, 2005, 5:57 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
zigrivers (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Hey Rich - one other thing that I've noticed that has caused a ton of deaths and I can't seem to figure it out...

When I put both of my characters on auto, the healer is set up to just heal. My necro will have his pet out and the necro is set up to just nuke like crazy until the mob is dead.

The number one reason that I die is that the healer bot targets my pet and is casting heals on my pet (who isnt' taking damage and is at full health) while my necro is beat down until dead. It is a fairly consistent problem and I've been unable to figure out why the healer targets my pet instead of me (especially when there are times that he'll heal the necro just fine).

The only thing I can think of is the new EQ2 code that allows you to hit the function key twice to get somebody's pet? Anyway, is this something that you're aware of? And something that can be fixed? Is there anything I can do to help track this down and fix it? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks!

yes, I've seen this some since the new code from EQ2 for hitting the function key as a pet/main toggle. Since the code was written before this was in there, there are still targetting places that need to be cleaned up with an Escape() before the targetting. I'm working in 2.7 to clean it up, but thanks for pointing it out, I hadn't noticed it was that bad, but I guess it is.

Rich

Posted: July 31st, 2005, 6:01 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
tault_sirusdv (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Hey rich, another interesting feature would be to be able to record a path from evac point / spawn point and run back to corpse / mobs to being fighting again. An option for say when your health drops bellow 10% to have the option to set an Evac key.

aka

1) start script from zone point
2) either use in INI settings or hit RECORD PATH key.
3) run to your hunting spot
4) fight
5) reach 10% HP
6) Call EVAC
7) follow path back to hunting ground starting with nearest waypoint
8) locate corpse if any and retrieve (stealth key maybe for just this part / the whole run back?)
9) start fighting again.

I ask for this because I set up my script to Send me IMs when I find items and get tells and to SMS me when my character dies. And it gets kinda frusterating not being able to reset this awesome megabot.

Yeah, been toying this over with my bro-in-law a good bit, might make it into 2.7... but probably 2.8. The chances of a bot living on an evac are low due to the nature of the rules it follows... and it might pull tons of stuff running to the evac place too, and unlike you, it would keep running, just get to the evac spot and stop... but I'll see what I can do.

Rich

Posted: July 31st, 2005, 8:19 am

zigrivers
zigrivers's Reps:
richyrich (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
zigrivers (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

Thanks!

yes, I've seen this some since the new code from EQ2 for hitting the function key as a pet/main toggle. Since the code was written before this was in there, there are still targetting places that need to be cleaned up with an Escape() before the targetting. I'm working in 2.7 to clean it up, but thanks for pointing it out, I hadn't noticed it was that bad, but I guess it is.

Rich

If there's any way I can help with this (testing out new code, providing logs, etc.), please let me know.

One thought for an added feature that may have been mentioned in the past, but just in case:

You have checks in place for when health dips below a certain percentage and once true we can have a set of actions take place. Could you add the same thing for power? In other words, once power dips below a certain percentage I want to hit my macro button that activates my manastone, or it coule be a potion that I have, or it could be a spell that exchanges my health for power, etc. This would be an awesome addition to the existing functionality that you have.

Thanks again for an amazing program and please take me up on my offer to help if there's anything I can do.

Posted: July 31st, 2005, 5:57 pm

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
richyrich (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

Thanks!

Rich

If there's any way I can help with this (testing out new code, providing logs, etc.), please let me know.

One thought for an added feature that may have been mentioned in the past, but just in case:

You have checks in place for when health dips below a certain percentage and once true we can have a set of actions take place. Could you add the same thing for power? In other words, once power dips below a certain percentage I want to hit my macro button that activates my manastone, or it coule be a potion that I have, or it could be a spell that exchanges my health for power, etc. This would be an awesome addition to the existing functionality that you have.

Thanks again for an amazing program and please take me up on my offer to help if there's anything I can do.

That's actually a very good idea! I'll add a Power action(s) in 2.7 - thanks!

Posted: July 31st, 2005, 7:38 pm

malar1
malar1's Reps:
Hey Rich,something else I've noticed when using my buffbot.

When I'm fighting sometimes my bot will all of a sudden run away in a different direction.

And the other thing I am noticing is,my bot is having a hard time staying clicked on me,I've got the bot on offensive mode, it does all right when I stand the bot down...but as soon as the bot gets attacked it won't click back on me and I have to do it manually...

Is there something I'm missing is there a fix for this ?

Thanks in advanced :)

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online