taultunleashed logoEQ2MegaBot v2.6 - Buff Bot AND HUNTER BOT! Discussion Thread : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 4
newtopic  postreply
 [ 84 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
blue large dot

EQ2MegaBot v2.6 - Buff Bot AND HUNTER BOT! Discussion Thread : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 4

Posted: August 1st, 2005, 10:53 am

altus1
altus1's Reps:
Hey Richy,
1st off, great script! I've been having fun playing around with it. I'm having a problem just like this guy mentions from the 2.5 thread. Any tips?
thanks!

/snip

shebak
Script Kiddy

Premium Member

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:33 am Post subject: ResponseSequenceSTR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello and thanks for making a great script. Everytime I try and do a HO between my 2 chars. I send a tell to my cleric like cup or ham and each time i get a message "Sorry-ignoring that as I'm fighting" I have tried moving from Responsesequencestr to CombatResponseSequenceSTR= but still get the same message. I current I have the char set up as a buffbot. This will work after the battle is over great. But during combat is when it doesnt want to cast the spells.

Any help or other ideas would be great. I really want to include the cleric in the HO's

ResponseSequenceSTR=cup,qb6,Vesagar's Bulwark of Faith,1,2s,6s,MASTER,moon,qb2,Heretics Demise,9,2s,9s,TARGET,eye,qb3,Mark of Pawns,7,2s,9s,TARGET,ham,qb6,Admonishing Smite,7,2s,3s,TARGET,gheal,qb6,Prayer of Amelioration,5,2s,8s,MASTER,heal,qb6,Combat Healing,3,2s,4s,MASTER

Thanks,
SK

richyrich
Lifetime Member (Guides)

Premium Member
Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:27 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm... good point. Right now all user commands during battle are set at a low priority to ignore. I will need to add a command priority to each response string.

thx for the good feedback.

Rich

Posted: August 1st, 2005, 2:13 pm

tldtms
tldtms's Reps:
Hi Rich,

Again great work. However (Dont you hate that) it seems when using SAMESPOT mode, it thinks its stuck, so after every mob I kill, and after recovery mode, it says stuck, and turns and jumps. Not sure whats going on here.

Posted: August 2nd, 2005, 4:02 am

bitflux
bitflux's Reps:
scottwi314 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I am having trouble looting it just keeps striffing left when it goes to loot.

Any ideas?

2.5 works fine

thanks

I've seen this before, make sure you change GetSTR to the proper default action key

by default this is f

GetSTR=f

Posted: August 2nd, 2005, 7:48 am

bitflux
bitflux's Reps:
Rich I was having some problems with the offencive bot's pulling script. Basically I have tried every combination of game options and it still did funny things.

for most of the settings, including the one i prefure to play with, it would go out and pull, but then on return it would run all over the place trying to get back to the safespot.

I had tried all combinations of controls > avatar reletive/veiw relitive along with combat autoface camera/avatar.

I finaly figured it out. My pull spell was ranged attack, thus entering it in combat and jacking up all the cameras. Hunterbot is not designed to pull with bow This is a little bit of a problem for me, sense gaurdians only get one ranged spell that doesnt put them in combat mode, which is Anger. the range on Anger is really short too. Once i made this change it is working much better.

I just wanted to let everyone know, dont pull with ranged attack or anything that enters you in combat mode. Hopefuly Rich will come up with another clever fix for this in 2.7

Posted: August 3rd, 2005, 9:03 am

darkforce39
darkforce39's Reps:
I use just about every script / plugin that is available on this site (getting my moneys worth!) and I can definately say this is one of my favorites. I play a level 40ish Guardian and was having some trouble getting the pulling to work the way I wanted. After some tweaking and taking away the bow and going with the "Anger" taunt everything is working great. It ran for about 8 hours yesterday without any assistance from me.

I Have a few suggestions if your interested, don't konw if they can be fixed, but figured I'd give my 2 copper.

1) Looting work pretty well if I use the Loot.xml and angle my head down so I'm at about a 45degree angle looking down. If I don't do this about 50% of the loot is not retrieved, because the mouse clicks will stop just above or just to the left or right of what I want to loot. Would it be possible for the bot to change view angels when looting (looking up or down)? Or would it be possible to increase the range the mouse clicks cover vertically / horizontally?

2) Since I'm a Guardian I don't have any long range pulls except maybe Anger if you can call it long range. Because of this I pretty much have to be in the mobs nuts to pull it. This is fine for non-aggro mobs, but aggro ones will 9 out of 10 times jump me. This obviously stops the run back to safe spot routine. Which is actually ok, no biggy stand there and kill mob fine by me. But after the mob is dead, the bot doesn't always seem to return back to the safe spot. Instead he looks for new mobs to fight from the new location and not the original safe spot. Is it possible to have the bot always try to return back to the safe spot after the encounter is over? An alternative would be to use the new location, but to use the location of the original safespot when determing the distance of new mobs to fight. For example my original safespot was 140,0,180 the bot looks for mobs to pull and finds one 20 locs away. Bot moves to new location, fights mobs (stays there because of above reason). Now the bot looks for more mobs. Instead of using the new location to calculate distance checks, the bot will still use the original loc. Heh, I must admit this could be the way it works already, but to me it seems my bot drifts slowly further and further away from my "Golden Safespot"

3) Frequently I will turn the bot on "SameSpot" mode and give him some arrows and let him pull mobs to him. This works prety well if i'm only going to have the bot for a short time or I"m going to monitor the bot while doing something else. When I do this, I usually place the bot next to a mountain or something else that provides safe back cover. I recommend adding a INI variable that will prevent the bot from looking around 360 degrees, but limit the scan to 180 degrees. That way the bot doesn't search for mobs behind him, where obviously only a mountain is. This would also help the bot look more lifelike. I'm also curious, if the turning is actually necessary or if it was designed to make the bot look more life like to begin with. Perhaps you could add a INI to limit or stop the turning all together. To me it looks funny if you seem some char turning in circles over and over looking for mobs (assuming no mobs are up to fight at that moment). Maybe you have the turning configured so that you will not get "can't see targe messages", which is understandable. But couldn't you do the distance checks without turning? then after finding a valid mob to fight (within range, and level reqs) you then turn to fight mob?

There were more things I had thought of yesterday but i'm at work doing this from memory.

Overall this is a fantastic bot and I will be using it for quite some time to come. Great Work!!!

Posted: August 4th, 2005, 11:17 am

scottwi314
scottwi314's Reps:
Things are going good it was the q instead of f...
I missed that in the ini, i just focused on my second and ported most stuff for the 2.5 ini.

As far as looting goes i changed the settings on how it loots in the script set the mouse range bigger so it goes over more of the screen. Works well most of the time. you have to play with to get just right.

thanks rich man, if i could only get a bot to run harclave for me i would love it

thanks for q thing i can't remember your name sorry i smoke crack

Posted: August 6th, 2005, 6:31 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
zigrivers (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
richyrich (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
zigrivers (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Hi! Fantastic program! I love it.

I've been playing with my Necromancer as a hunterbot and I keep running into an issue where I try to attack my pet over and over. I've gone over everything and can't seem to identify the problem. One thought I had (haven't had a chance to try it yet though) is that I use two spells that take health from my pet and give it back to me as power. I have this set up as something I do at the end of combat to get myself back to full power as quickly as possible. I know the log text identifies it as me doing damage to my pet and I was wondering if the program sees this and then classifies my pet as an attackable mob? Anyway, haven't figured this one out yet.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Based on what you described, you sucking life from your pet is PROBABLY what is happening, but can't be 100% sure... easy check is remove those from the INI file and see if you are fixed....

I would need to have a copy of the message you get from this spell so I can ignore it... I already have the code in place to handle this for poison, which was doing the same thing, the bot kept thinking it was being attacked when it was getting poisoned after a battle.

Rich

Rich - thanks again for your help and this program. It's amazing!

Okay, I took a look at the log and the two spells that I'm casting now that cause damage over time to my pet and return power to me are:

1. Essence Shift (lasts 10 seconds and decreases the health of my pet by 62 every 3.3 seconds - returns 69 power to me every 3.3 seconds)
    2. Bloody Ritual (lasts 10 seconds and decreases the health of my pet by 85 every 3.3 seconds - returns 101 power to me every 3.3 seconds)

When I took the two offending spells out of the lineup the script stops targetting my pet as a potential mob - so it fixes it. However, I would love it if I could use these two spells, if you can get it to work.

The log reads like the following when I cast either of these spells:

"YOUR Essence Shift hits Labeker<XXXX's grim spellbinder> for 59 points of magic damage."

"YOUR Bloody Ritual hits Labeker<XXXX's grim spellbinder> for 59 points of magic damage."

Let me know if there is any other information you would like me to include here. I would love it if I could use these spells as they make power recovery very fast.

Thanks again for your help and an awesome program!

This is now fixed in 2.7, when it comes out, please test it for me!

Thx,
Rich

Posted: August 6th, 2005, 6:35 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
tault_sirusdv (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Hey rich, another interesting feature would be to be able to record a path from evac point / spawn point and run back to corpse / mobs to being fighting again. An option for say when your health drops bellow 10% to have the option to set an Evac key.

aka

1) start script from zone point
2) either use in INI settings or hit RECORD PATH key.
3) run to your hunting spot
4) fight
5) reach 10% HP
6) Call EVAC
7) follow path back to hunting ground starting with nearest waypoint
8) locate corpse if any and retrieve (stealth key maybe for just this part / the whole run back?)
9) start fighting again.

I ask for this because I set up my script to Send me IMs when I find items and get tells and to SMS me when my character dies. And it gets kinda frusterating not being able to reset this awesome megabot.

Can you post the code you are using for the IM/SMS. I know someone did this before (you?) but it would be easier to have some snippets to make it easier for me to add to the code and create INI variables for peopel to set this up themselves easily.

Thanks,
Rich

Posted: August 6th, 2005, 6:35 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
richyrich (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
tault_sirusdv (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Oh also sometimes when you die it does not log you out properly it brings you to character select screen then presses RETURN again and logs you back into game. Not quite sure what causes it but its a hassel.

Yeah, I 've noticed this too, haven't been able to find the problem yet...

All fixed in 2.7...

Posted: August 6th, 2005, 6:37 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
Hey Rich - one other thing that I've noticed that has caused a ton of deaths and I can't seem to figure it out...

When I put both of my characters on auto, the healer is set up to just heal. My necro will have his pet out and the necro is set up to just nuke like crazy until the mob is dead.

The number one reason that I die is that the healer bot targets my pet and is casting heals on my pet (who isnt' taking damage and is at full health) while my necro is beat down until dead. It is a fairly consistent problem and I've been unable to figure out why the healer targets my pet instead of me (especially when there are times that he'll heal the necro just fine).

The only thing I can think of is the new EQ2 code that allows you to hit the function key twice to get somebody's pet? Anyway, is this something that you're aware of? And something that can be fixed? Is there anything I can do to help track this down and fix it? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Let me know if you need further explanation on this.

Thanks!

Think I nailed this one too in 2.7, when it comes out, please test for me in your setup and tell me if it works right now.

Rich

Posted: August 6th, 2005, 6:40 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
Hey Rich - one other thing that I've noticed that has caused a ton of deaths and I can't seem to figure it out...

When I put both of my characters on auto, the healer is set up to just heal. My necro will have his pet out and the necro is set up to just nuke like crazy until the mob is dead.

The number one reason that I die is that the healer bot targets my pet and is casting heals on my pet (who isnt' taking damage and is at full health) while my necro is beat down until dead. It is a fairly consistent problem and I've been unable to figure out why the healer targets my pet instead of me (especially when there are times that he'll heal the necro just fine).

The only thing I can think of is the new EQ2 code that allows you to hit the function key twice to get somebody's pet? Anyway, is this something that you're aware of? And something that can be fixed? Is there anything I can do to help track this down and fix it? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Let me know if you need further explanation on this.

Thanks!

yes, I've seen this some since the new code from EQ2 for hitting the function key as a pet/main toggle. Since the code was written before this was in there, there are still targetting places that need to be cleaned up with an Escape() before the targetting. I'm working in 2.7 to clean it up, but thanks for pointing it out, I hadn't noticed it was that bad, but I guess it is.

Rich

If there's any way I can help with this (testing out new code, providing logs, etc.), please let me know.

One thought for an added feature that may have been mentioned in the past, but just in case:

You have checks in place for when health dips below a certain percentage and once true we can have a set of actions take place. Could you add the same thing for power? In other words, once power dips below a certain percentage I want to hit my macro button that activates my manastone, or it coule be a potion that I have, or it could be a spell that exchanges my health for power, etc. This would be an awesome addition to the existing functionality that you have.

Thanks again for an amazing program and please take me up on my offer to help if there's anything I can do.

Great suggestion and it's now in 2.7 and working great! PowerTrigger

Rich

Posted: August 6th, 2005, 6:42 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
malar1 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Hey Rich,something else I've noticed when using my buffbot.

When I'm fighting sometimes my bot will all of a sudden run away in a different direction.

And the other thing I am noticing is,my bot is having a hard time staying clicked on me,I've got the bot on offensive mode, it does all right when I stand the bot down...but as soon as the bot gets attacked it won't click back on me and I have to do it manually...

Is there something I'm missing is there a fix for this ?

Thanks in advanced :)

Not sure what is going on, but I have played with some of the targetting logic in 2.7, so I'll want you to try it out when it gets released.

There was a problem in 2.6 where the buffbot would strafe back and forth in error. The code I posted earlier in the thread fixed it in 2.6.

Posted: August 6th, 2005, 6:43 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
altus1 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Hey Richy,
1st off, great script! I've been having fun playing around with it. I'm having a problem just like this guy mentions from the 2.5 thread. Any tips?
thanks!

/snip

shebak
Script Kiddy

Premium Member

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:33 am Post subject: ResponseSequenceSTR

Hello and thanks for making a great script. Everytime I try and do a HO between my 2 chars. I send a tell to my cleric like cup or ham and each time i get a message "Sorry-ignoring that as I'm fighting" I have tried moving from Responsesequencestr to CombatResponseSequenceSTR= but still get the same message. I current I have the char set up as a buffbot. This will work after the battle is over great. But during combat is when it doesnt want to cast the spells.

Any help or other ideas would be great. I really want to include the cleric in the HO's

ResponseSequenceSTR=cup,qb6,Vesagar's Bulwark of Faith,1,2s,6s,MASTER,moon,qb2,Heretics Demise,9,2s,9s,TARGET,eye,qb3,Mark of Pawns,7,2s,9s,TARGET,ham,qb6,Admonishing Smite,7,2s,3s,TARGET,gheal,qb6,Prayer of Amelioration,5,2s,8s,MASTER,heal,qb6,Combat Healing,3,2s,4s,MASTER

Thanks,
SK

richyrich
Lifetime Member (Guides)

Premium Member
Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:27 am Post subject:

Hmm... good point. Right now all user commands during battle are set at a low priority to ignore. I will need to add a command priority to each response string.

thx for the good feedback.

Rich

Resolved in 2.7, response strings will now respond in any mode, even a fight.

Test it out for me when it gets released.

Rich

Posted: August 6th, 2005, 6:45 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
tldtms (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Hi Rich,

Again great work. However (Dont you hate that) it seems when using SAMESPOT mode, it thinks its stuck, so after every mob I kill, and after recovery mode, it says stuck, and turns and jumps. Not sure whats going on here.

Not sure, only thing I can think is check for movement keys (Left/Right/Run) and GetStr to make sure it matches you setup.

If they are all right, then I'll need an INI and log file emailed to me (or PM) to check it out.

richyrich@toadmail.com

Rich

Posted: August 6th, 2005, 6:48 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
bitflux (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Rich I was having some problems with the offencive bot's pulling script. Basically I have tried every combination of game options and it still did funny things.

for most of the settings, including the one i prefure to play with, it would go out and pull, but then on return it would run all over the place trying to get back to the safespot.

I had tried all combinations of controls > avatar reletive/veiw relitive along with combat autoface camera/avatar.

I finaly figured it out. My pull spell was ranged attack, thus entering it in combat and jacking up all the cameras. Hunterbot is not designed to pull with bow This is a little bit of a problem for me, sense gaurdians only get one ranged spell that doesnt put them in combat mode, which is Anger. the range on Anger is really short too. Once i made this change it is working much better.

I just wanted to let everyone know, dont pull with ranged attack or anything that enters you in combat mode. Hopefuly Rich will come up with another clever fix for this in 2.7

Yeah... I never have used a bow with my many chars... my bro-in-law, surfboard, found this problem a few weeks ago while testing for me... I have a char now that pulls with a bow that I'm building up and I'll test it out and find a fix for 2.7... stay tuned

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online