taultunleashed logoEvercraft : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 2
newtopic  postreply
 [ 27 posts ]  Previous  1, 2
blue large dot

Evercraft : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 2

Posted: April 5th, 2005, 12:38 am

tault_ceelocsta
tault_ceelocsta's Reps:
i bought evercraft 4.0 and it rocks.. i didnt have to install any extra software like actools or whatever.. it worked right out of the box and it works real good.. only thing i had to download was sizer to get my EQ2 window positioned correctly but it was pretty easy id recommend this software to anyone..

Posted: April 8th, 2005, 7:39 am

tault_sirusdv
tault_sirusdv's Reps:
Meh, I gave it a try and this is what I posted in their forums

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
Being a professional software developer myself I truthfully can say there is no way for this script to have taken over 1000 development hours.

I was expecting a much more advanced utility that did not rely on reading pixels and resulting in often incorrect "counter-events." Even more so, I was expecting a compiled program that read memory offsets to detect events and trigger counters and not a compiled and packed AutoIt v3 script. Due to major flaws in design, inadequacies and the lack of care for detail I do not recommend this script.

I understand that a refund is impossible but I highly recommend you either detail the ways in which your script works, or lower the price drastically.

(If a refund is possible please procede with issueing it.)

--Lead developer of a company.

It just seemed slopily written and ineficient, also its an autoitv3 script. I found myself actually pretty limited by this thing.

In no way (by my personal opinion) is it worth the $25. Also if it took them 1000 hours to develop that script, I feel sorry for them.

Posted: April 8th, 2005, 8:21 am

Tault_deceptic

Total Posts: 110
Tault_deceptic's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
agreed - I got my grubby little mitts on it and eneded up going back to my autoIT script after 30 min. bummer...

Posted: April 8th, 2005, 12:15 pm

tault_leopardfist
tault_leopardfist's Reps:
I do not know if it is 1000 hours, but the figure is high, and that is not what it took to just create this one program, that is the time spend developing all versions.

I am sure that if you are a programmer, or know how to do code, yes you can easily create one for you that will do great... the hard part with what we do is making something that will work for everyone, and on everyone's machines. As for using OffSets and such, no we do not do that nor will we in the future. The software is meant to be simple and efficient, and if you install it correctly which is very easy, and you follow the set up directions which are also easy, it works perfectly. 99% of our support problems are caused by incorrect set-up, and very rarely we get a foreign keyboard setup that is not supported. The software is simple, as it is meant to be... when an adverse condition happens, we detect it with a color code, and react accordingly.

That said, we do give refunds, and I do not recall seeing that post on our forums. if you would like a refund simply email Mike that you want one, and supply him with a copy of the receipt you got from paypal, so he can verify the purchase.

I will add that this will be the second refund we have ever had requested... we have given many more, but that was due to banning people from our site because they were either re-selling the program or acting inappropriately on our forums. The one other refund that was requested, was due not to unhappiness, but rather because they could not use ACTool, which was the version we used at that time.

We know not everyone will be satisfied, and we have no problem refunding a payment if a user is unhappy with the product, in fact we are glad to... we do not price this to rip people off, we started it much cheaper, and we had to raise the price to counter the amount of business it caused us. We have raised our prices 4 times, and we still cannot provide support for new customers enough to continue to improve on the software and update it as much as we would like. Instead of raising it again we just hired a professional to handle the support on the forums, so that we can continue to update evercraft, and also so I can continue putting my work into my WoW software.

Posted: April 8th, 2005, 12:39 pm

tault_leopardfist
I just went and looked for your post, and found it. Mike has replied to it with basically what I did above. Just shoot him your request for a refund, and he will take care of it, but you will not have access to the site anymore for any updates or anything.

I found it very funny though that your comments were made only 30 minutes after your purchase. I find it hard to believe 30 minutes is long enough to tell if something works well or not, even with a high knowledge of programming. True it may be rudimentary to you, but it is effective and as Mike said on our site, out of our 1200+ members, you are the first to complain.

As for your other suggestions, they seem very good, and like I said if you have that good of a rgasp on programming I have no doubt you could do MUCH better than us, our main goal is to provide what we advertise, software that does the crafting job for you, not only that but offers the ability to craft up to 12 different items on one setting, without any changes from you. I did have one comment on your suggestion about the spamming... there are settings in the software you can adjust to change the timing... which we added because a "tick" in EQ2 is not always 6 seconds... it is on my machine as it is on yours, but we get more feedback that people have alot less on theirs... mainly around 3-4 seconds. And some software that was available could even be used to speed that up to as fast as 1 second, which people used for power crafting and making platinum. I dont know why it varies so much, EQ has always had 6 second ticks, which I believe derived from D&D timing, as it is the same... but if you read the forums about timing, you will see that many people have faster timers somehow.

You can however adjust the settings, not only for how often it spams, but also how fast between the spamming of different buttons you use. I personally have come to believe that by adding all the settings and adjustments our customers have asked for, we provide a better software but created a larger gap for user error, and made first time use more complicated. It is kind of a catch 22 really, but we try to provide the best support we can so that new customers get service asap.

Again, just shoot mike the info for the refund, and he will get to it asap!

Sorry our work was not to your liking :), but you cant please all the people all the time :).

Good Luck in your travels!

Posted: April 16th, 2005, 4:56 am

tault_prowling1
tault_prowling1's Reps:
Hrmmmm They may not set this up due to Xunleashed merger. If it ever finishes that is. I must say though. If the merger has not gone through by the end of my subscription, I will probably buy in. ATM it seems to be a better choice to spend 25$.

After the merger, now that may be a different thing all together. I have yet to see Xunleashed. So I cant speak for it.

-Prowling1

Posted: April 16th, 2005, 6:06 am

tault_sirusdv
tault_sirusdv's Reps:
check the screenshots at xunleashed.com

Posted: April 30th, 2005, 6:28 am

tault_pharce
tault_pharce's Reps:
I think I might try this out. Do you guys have newbie support? LOL

Posted: April 30th, 2005, 11:24 am

tault_leopardfist
Yes, we provide support to anyone who needs it, via forums, teamspeak, chat or phone if need be.

Our new version should be out soon, which will be written in either Visual Basic or C++, I cant remember. It will not however utilize any server-side memory hacks, so customers do not have to worry about Sony detecting it running :).

Posted: May 2nd, 2005, 6:22 am

tault_eskamo
tault_eskamo's Reps:
EEP! im getting a headache =*(

i have NO idea what all these numbers and stuff means rofl.

i downloaded EverCraft 2.3 and read the "MUST READ ME FIRST" tab and now im lost. I dont care what its history was (lol). when i go to macro icons i have no idea what im doing. when i click the EQ2 tab it gives me this notebook page in which.... yep, you guessed it, i have no idea what to do with it.

Call me noob, gimp, novice, i dont care haha

but can someone put step-by-step potions to get this thing working. jus so that i can lvl up my provisioner

Thanks.

Posted: May 2nd, 2005, 8:12 am

tault_leopardfist
2.3 will not work anymore I do not think, due to the new tradeskill skills and icon sharing :(.

I am not sure if Mike intends to update that with a newer "old version" or not that will work, but I doubt he will after the way an admin from this board did him. I think he has been doing it for the other sites which we keep close ties too for beta testing and such, like MPS and !@#$%^&*. But unfortunately he does take things personally, and he did not take the criticism that the admin from here threw out there within 30 minutes of buying the product, in his mind it looked like the guy tried to buy it to place it here, then saw the copyright info and decided to badmouth the product rather than just ask for his money back. I kind of understand his side of it, as that was our first and only negative feedback even now, with over 1400 customers.

I'm not positive what the plans are for releasing 4.0 free once the new version is released, we are still in the development phase of the new version, so we really haven't given it much thought. We are changing to a legit language not to take advantage of offsets to get more abilities, the software does all it needs to do just reading pixel colors as it has been doing, we are using the new language mainly to make the script less problematic when it is ran on various systems that we have had problems with. Wether or not they utilize off-sets for gathering info that we get now with color detection is up to them, I just know it wont be done in a way that will be intrusive and detectable.

Posted: May 25th, 2005, 4:57 am

tault_tbti
tault_tbti's Reps:
Hum.. I'm currently re-editing the icons and my macro.. just because I get bored and am loosing about 200 milliseconds between crafts :D

If i feel nice after I'm done I'll post them.. I'm completely remaking the GUI, specifically for crafting :)

Now i I could just ifgure out how to change the colors of the crafting bars. :)

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online