taultunleashed logoeverquest 2 crafter plugin : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 20 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

everquest 2 crafter plugin : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions

Posted: January 12th, 2005, 5:48 pm

josh711010
josh711010's Reps:
hey ya.. i noticed on 2.0 that it acctually clicked the buffs nonstop.. but it stopped every 1 craft.... on 2.1 it doesnt stop but it doesnt click buffs repeadidly... is there a option so it does counters every tick??

Posted: January 12th, 2005, 8:21 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
Here is how the current logic works.

As I tweak things, I will get it better and better.

1. There is a counter that counts up every 1 second.

2. If it detects a counter buff, it presses it. It also resets the counter to 0.

3. If the counter gets to 5 it will press the spam buffs.

So if you are getting alot of counter buffs, it will not spam currently. I this is currently by design.

I will be tweaking them in the next version or 2, so that on counter buffs it will also press the spam buffs, and reset the counter.

Here is the problem with spamming with a displayed counter buff. You will usually get hit by a 2nd counter buff if it shows up. And since I dont have a HP routine in there, you can easily get killed by the forge. So I implemented it like I did.

As a work around, if you want to spam buffs and dont care about countering.... On the learning mode, press 1,2,3 when there is no counter buff showing. Remember that will break the counter buff logic, as it will always hit your buffs as fast as it can.

Posted: January 12th, 2005, 9:48 pm

vette27
vette27's Reps:
Is there a trick to getting the plug in to learn faster?

Seems that I have to try 20-50+ times before it learns to get the buffs off to counter. Sometimes it gets 1, sometimes 2, sometimes none, eventually I do get it to get all 3 counters correct, and when it does, it will go 4+ hours w/o missing one.

If there is a trick to getting it to learn (the initial press 1-3) let me know, other than that, great program.

Posted: January 12th, 2005, 11:26 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
Sorta loosing me.

Are you saying that you are having trouble getting it to learn the correct buffs?

By that I mean sometimes you learn a BAD buff or incorrect one and it doesnt press the right key?

Be sure to lock your crafting window (right click then window properties).

If that window moves, you will have to reconfig.

Also, once you get it learned, youshould save your values to a config setting so you donthave to do it again.

But be SURE to lock your crafting window down.

Posted: January 13th, 2005, 2:48 am

wyvernx

administrator
premium
See if version 2.2 helps. I added a fix that shoudl help a little.

Posted: January 13th, 2005, 3:27 am

hypnocraze

Total Posts: 9
hypnocraze's Reps: 0
Crashing out in same spot. Learns buff 1 then buff 2 the crashes.

Posted: January 13th, 2005, 3:57 am

wyvernx

administrator
premium
hypnocraze what version does the plugin show it is at?

Posted: January 13th, 2005, 7:11 am

vette27
vette27's Reps:
Yeah sorry, when I am tired I don't make sense.

What I meant is, that most of the time, after going through the learning mode, the plug-in does not counter at all. It's not that it counters with the wrong one, but that it doesnt counter at all.

Sometimes it will counter 1 or 2 of the buffs correctly, but will not do anything for the other(s).

Eventually (after 20 minutes-90minutes) it does learn correctly and it counters with all 3 buffs correctly. When it does it works like a charm and goes for hours and hours without missing one.

So I was just wondering if there was a trick to the learning mode, maybe I am doing something wrong.

Posted: January 13th, 2005, 8:33 am

sumadyen

Total Posts: 20
sumadyen's Reps: 0
premium
Aye i seem to have the same problem as vette tho not cared about it earlier since it worked alright ....

i press buffs 1-3 during learning when asked but normally casts the wrong buffs when one pops up. I have done this serveral times without changing the buffs then also i changed them around and same result.

Another problem i have is that it still doesnt repeat the item when theres ample fuel and items, since when im chatting with my mates on yahoo messenger i have to acces EQ2 and then press repeat then alt - tab out, i have checked this in both window mode and Full screen mode.

Posted: January 13th, 2005, 11:49 am

wyvernx

administrator
premium
I'm trying to follow.

Are you saying it can take 30 minutes to learn?

Or are you saying you have to learn, stop the crafting plugin, reconfig, and try to learn again?

Locking the window should fix issues where it doesnt keep crafting.

Posted: January 13th, 2005, 2:40 pm

vette27
vette27's Reps:
Okay, let me start by saying that I've never seen the wrong buff go off, that is NOT my problem.

My problem is that I go through the learning mode, once complete, when it's time for your plug-in to use a buff to counter, it doesn't. There are 3 buffs, sometimes after the learning mode, one or two buffs will work when needed. To get all 3 buffs to work correctly, I have to stop and reconfigure the plug-in anywhere from 30-90 minutes. Once it gets it down, it has worked up to 6 hours without missing a buff that I could see (watching TV and keeping eye on computer screen).

I'd like to know if I am doing something wrong, or if I can do something to make the learn mode faster in learning.

Example: I go through learning mode and hit all 3 buffs once when they pop up on screen for first time.

Plug-in goes into auto mode. During progress, buff number one appears, but the program doesn't counter it at all. Buff two comes up, same thing. Buff three comes up, still doesnt counter.

Sometimes it will counter buff 2, but not 1 or 3. Or 1 and not 2 and 3 and so on.

Hope that makes sense.

Posted: January 13th, 2005, 3:31 pm

surfboard
surfboard's Reps:
I have a trick that seems to help during the learning process, perhaps it will mean something to wyvernx.

When I start the crafter and it is in learning mode:
When the event for key 1 occurs, if I hit the counterbuff (key #1) right away the script advances (in that it tells me not to hit 1 again) , but it sometimes "forgets" what the conterbuff is and never responds to it.

If instead I wait until the message "Quick press the hotkey (1-3)..." shows up (sometimes almost a second later), The crafter almost always learns the buff correctly.

Posted: January 13th, 2005, 5:26 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
Yes, you must follow the onscreen instructions EXACTLY.

Dont press a buff key unless told to.

Posted: January 18th, 2005, 11:25 am

sumadyen

Total Posts: 20
sumadyen's Reps: 0
premium
Still buggy on the buffs but my next issue bit complicated.

OK gone past learn mode (complete)
Crafting (EQ one) is locked
Persona (EQ) has plugin window in front of it.

Click the plugin (begin crafting button).
Plugin takes control of mouse and moves to spot (circle with paused below) and is supposed to start crafting ................. however nothing occurs. Does not click the button to create item (repeat) or nothing. If i attempt to move mouse it takes over control of mouse and moves back to the circle and still does nothing.

Have reconfigured a few times, in order to see if i was missing a step or command.

Am i doing something wrong ?

Posted: January 18th, 2005, 4:39 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
Plugin takes control of mouse and moves to spot ...

it should NOT do that.

When you click the start button, it should create a pause circle, and just be paused.

You should have to move the mouse yourself to the pause circle and it should then click for ya.

Make sure your plugin is at version 2.3

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online