taultunleashed logoHarvest Bot 4 - It's fantastic except for one major prob!!! : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 2
newtopic  postreply
 [ 19 posts ]  Previous  1, 2
blue large dot

Harvest Bot 4 - It's fantastic except for one major prob!!! : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 2

Posted: July 7th, 2005, 6:55 am

psouza4
psouza4's Reps:
Assuming you have the log on and it's reading it correctly, then it probably isn't recognizing that you are harvesting and thus marking the node as bad after no successful harvests past timeout. Most non-English language versions are having this problem. Maybe we'll have a dictionary file you can swap out for other languages, but for now you either have to live with this problem or edit the script to suit your needs.

Posted: July 7th, 2005, 9:35 am

thewatcher
thewatcher's Reps:
Log parsing presents a problem I have yet to solve with my BotBase LogParser too, most people are going to hard code their searches in english, which of course will not match any other language. I'm thinking the only solution is to have log parsing strings in the Ini file so that each person can configure them for their language.

Not a bad solution but since the BotBase parser uses regular expressions it would make it a bit tougher.

I'll think on this issue for the BotBase but for Harvester I think your only solution is to edit the Log class, parse routine and change the english strings to your strings from your log file.

Posted: July 7th, 2005, 10:18 am

tault_ebrias
tault_ebrias's Reps:
Where can i change it into german that it works? Do i have to switch anything off while harvesting, because the harvester is only reading the last line of the log?

Posted: July 8th, 2005, 12:09 pm

thewatcher
thewatcher's Reps:
The harvest bot looks for things in the log to determine if it should continue to harvest, the one that tells it to quit harvesting is something like 'you can't harvest.... ' or something, you'll have to look at the code I suggested to get the exact wording.

To fix your problem you would edit that line in the code and put in the german equivilant which you will find by looking at your own log (or your chat windows) while havesting. There really is no way for the program to know (short of putting in a learning routine... hmmm...) what the german phrase for this would be.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online