taultunleashed logoHarvest Bot 4 - It's fantastic except for one major prob!!! : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 19 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

Harvest Bot 4 - It's fantastic except for one major prob!!! : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions

Posted: July 1st, 2005, 11:08 am

brianotfroest
brianotfroest's Reps:
I had added tis a reply to a post below but it's such an annoying prob since everything else works fine that I thought I'd post it separetly - sorry for the repetition.

It finds nodes and goes to the nodes fine to.

However every time it gets to one it just shuffles off to the next one.

On spying out the bot log - all the nodes are being registered like this

Unharvestable node found
Resources gone, moving on...

Wtf is going on?

I have checked a few things like walking up a node, pressing F8 (my nearest npc button), and then clicking the hotbar button for mining say - it all works fine and the nodes are definitely harvestable.

I do have 6 hotkey bars on screen at any one time - but that shouldn't effect it?

Any help would be gr8

Posted: July 1st, 2005, 5:46 pm

thewatcher
thewatcher's Reps:
Check your other post for a reply

Posted: July 2nd, 2005, 1:58 am

brianotfroest
brianotfroest's Reps:
Thanks for your reply m8. I fixed the problem but I am sure as to the reason this fixed it -

Setting Avoid Other Players to true always causes the nodes to be Unharvestable for me

I figure it must either be a small bug in the prog - i know this is unlikely :) - or maybe does the bot think becuase I have a title my name isn't the one I entered into the bot ini.

I.E. Does my name in the ini have to be "Bob The Relic Keeper" or just "Bob" and if it's "Bob" must I take titles off in EQ2? - either way - switching off the old avoid others players has fixed the prob - will play around with char names and see if this helps cos I would like the feature.

Also just a vry small note - weeds in Feer are musty not dusty :)

Hope maybe this hlps anyone somewhere :P

Posted: July 2nd, 2005, 3:08 am

sufixdk
sufixdk's Reps:
Hmm, brianotfroest, could you help me with the install, please ? :wink:

Posted: July 2nd, 2005, 7:54 am

brianotfroest
brianotfroest's Reps:
Will certainly try to m8y - the links to downloads are a little hard to come by however all the files u need are availablefrom this site if u can find them. Am a little rushed so will run over it quick and hopefully u already have most of the files or can find them :P

1. Download xunleashed - stick it in a folder called maybe Xunleashed.
2. Run that file and it will install all the other files it needs.
3. Run xunleashed from that folder.
4. The second tab in XU is registration - enter ur details (to get a regkey look at the bottom of the links on the lefthand side on this site)
5. Once verified u need to download the WyvernX eq2 plug-in. (can also find on this site - search forums)
6. Once that installed run XU
7. Under the pluings tab, make sure EQ2 is checked and packet sniffer is UNCHECKED
8. Under the Options tab, scroll down and select Everquest 2 - make sure again that Alternate hooking is checked.
9. Download and extract the harvest bot 4 to the XU/scripts directory (where u installed XU to) - be sure to keep folders and names in tact here.
10. In the directory scripts, yu will now find a file called HarvestBot_v401.ini - open it for editing.
11. It is VITALLY important u edit this file correctly - full instructions are at the top of page and it will guide u nicely through the config.
12. Once all that done - run XU and click play
13. EQ2 should eventually boot up and once in game - move the mouse to the bottom of the screen and an XU bar will pop up - click on scripts
14. This will bring up a little scripts box - make sure u have a guild window or other EQ2 window open behind the scipts box or u will not be able to press anything.
15. Click the <> buttons to scroll to Harvest bot 4
16. CLICK COMPATABILITY MODE - if u dont it will not work and u will need to reset
15. Click start, close the scripts box, and just wait as the scripts loads and takes control of you :P

Hope it helps - sry am in a rush but think it's all there.

Very important is to also set a hotbar up with the appropiate harvesting skills - this is explained in the .ini file - but if this is wrong, u wont harvest a thing, u will just run between nodes most likely.

Brian.

Posted: July 2nd, 2005, 8:32 am

brianotfroest
brianotfroest's Reps:
Also further to my ealier problem with the Avoid players - I am sorry but I am an idiot.

After going all the way into checking out the vbs code I discovered that there was infact nothing wrong there

After much brain busting I finally noticed a mistake in the .ini file

A prime example of why to set this up perfectly

Basically my NearestPC button was in fact NearstNPC - so at each node it would target the nearstNPC - in this case the node - think that node was a player called Alluvium Ore and move on to the next one because it was trying to avoid that other player -

Hilarious,

well any other probs maybe I can help -

Posted: July 5th, 2005, 6:52 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
hmm that could be my issue, I will have to check that out tonight.. Thanks for posting your findings.

Loraik

Posted: July 5th, 2005, 12:43 pm

sufixdk
sufixdk's Reps:
Hmm i wont show up under plugins :(

Posted: July 5th, 2005, 12:52 pm

thewatcher
thewatcher's Reps:
It's not a plugin, it's a script.

Posted: July 6th, 2005, 1:56 am

sufixdk
sufixdk's Reps:
Lol silly me :)

Well i can laugh it now..
Now its only the editing of the ini file...
I havent look at it much but i was wondering...

Is there a way so you can set it to only look for rare ? :D

Posted: July 6th, 2005, 2:12 am

thewatcher
thewatcher's Reps:
Nope, unlike eq1 you can't see the mobs loot before taking it. Sorry

Posted: July 6th, 2005, 3:07 am

sufixdk
sufixdk's Reps:
Hmm

Well would be nice if you could make that for the next version :D

So when it find stuff like normal pelts it just destroy em :)

Posted: July 6th, 2005, 6:04 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
As I understand it from reading different forums the item is random after you complete the harvest so unlike in EQ1 where you could crack the packets and see what mobs were hoarding EQ2 randomly generates it's prize upon finishing the harvest so there would be no way to determine what a node is holding.

That is how I understood it atleast...

Loraik

Posted: July 7th, 2005, 4:47 am

brianotfroest
brianotfroest's Reps:
Another small but critical thing I noticed today - if u have probs with the bot trying to harvest after the node is exhausted or u have probs with it trying to harvest invalid nodes - you may want to check that logging is in fact switched on.

For some reason - usually after having the bot crash for some reason - the script would turn logging on and then off again.

If logging is off - you will not get a running total of your harvests, you will not avoid most invalid nodes and you will also continue to try and harvests nodes even when they are gone - in fact a lot wont work properly.

It really does cause quite a few probs so to make sure it is on - type /log in game and see what message u get - either Logging is ON or Logging is OFF

Hope this helps a few of u.

Posted: July 7th, 2005, 5:36 am

tault_ebrias
tault_ebrias's Reps:
Anyways, should it continue to another harvest spot when the actual harvest spot is empty? Is this connected with the log?
Because this doesnt work for me. It only harvests the amount of time i have set up in the ini, for example 8x3seconds. So, after 24 seconds it goes on harvesting, but not earlier, even when the harvest spot is away already. Im using the german client.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online