taultunleashed logoHarvestBot 311 : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 4
newtopic  postreply
 [ 77 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
blue large dot

HarvestBot 311 : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 4

Posted: June 6th, 2005, 1:40 am

h4lc0n
h4lc0n's Reps:
just in case this helps I'll explain again how I got the "autorun backwards" problem fixed

go to EQII -> Options -> Controls -> View Options -> Free look controls

set it to "Avatar Relative" and it's supposed to work now.

I'm almost sure that'll make it work for everyone, the reason? try hitting backwards and the autorun key with "View Relative", it starts auto-running backwards... now switch to "Avatar Relative", there's no way that happens (that I've found =))

hope this helps

Posted: June 6th, 2005, 3:40 am

bitflux
bitflux's Reps:
Quoting myself
bitflux";p="66362 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I am also having this problem......
........EDIT:
Im using an older AMD machine, and harvesting CL with no waypoints

btw the edit was done 2mins after post and its on the second page

try not to be so arrogant, you have a great script here but you need to realize not all of us are little kids.

Posted: June 6th, 2005, 7:42 am

minor723
minor723's Reps:
I am with Bitflux, I am 22 years old, I don't appreciate the negative tone.

Posted: June 6th, 2005, 3:10 pm

redman
redman's Reps:
Harvester 3.12 Setup Instructions!

Firstly, Meet the following preconditions:

- You have a UI window behind the scripts dialog. BIG tip here for first timers, you need a UI window BEHIND the scripts dialog to get the buttons to actually work. The persona (P) window works great for this. If this paragraph doesn't make sense, stop here. You MUST understand this. Theres something about mouse events in EQ2 where if it's just the 3d landscape behind an XUnleashed window, it can't receive the mouse clicks, you gotta put an EQ2 UI window back there like Persona. The crafter, radar, and all of these scripts have exactly the same issue.

- Your Free Look Controls is set to avatar centric (Options->Controls->View Options->Free Look Controls)

- Your viewpoint is zoomed out, back and up a little so you are looking down on your toon from above and behind.

- You HAVE successfully got mouse demo to do it's thing. If that doesn't work, dont waste your time fighting with this until you have that much working first. Your problems are NOT related to this script if you cant get mouse demo to work.

- Your keys are set up just like mine are :P If they are not, then you will have to adapt the instructions.

- You have logging turned on. Actually to get this script to work, once you turn it on, you have to restart EQ so that the log file is where this script expects it to be due to an EQ bug that hopefully gets fixed some day. I'd rather this was handled like it is in the hunter bot but thats another argument. Turn logging on by typing /log the first time.

Double check:

Did you satisfy ALL the prerequisits?

Did they all make sense or did you just rush past them?

The community reserves the right to dish out atomic wedgies to all that skipped past a problem abobe!

Installation and Configuration steps:

- Download the rar file and extract it into the scripts folder. You should have HarvestBot_v312.ini, HarvestBot_v312.vbs, and ding.wav in your scripts folder as well as a subfolder called EQ2HarvestBot containing 9 more files. (WinRar extracter http://www.download.com/3000-2250-10007677.html)

- Open HarvestBot_v312.ini and change the following keys to these values:
(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):
[Harvester]
; Required as the author uses this change to FORCE you to edit your ini.
DeleteMe = False             
; Change to not use hotbar/hotkeys for harvests.  It simplifies configuration and doesnt waste a hotbar.
; Later, once you have this thing rolling some feel that it is "safer" to use a hotbar here.  I don't.
Hotbar = 0
; I used the default path for EQ2
EQ2Path   = c:\program files\sony\Everquest II\

[KeyConfig]
; NUMLOCK is my AUTORUN forward key.
Forward      = {NUMLOCK}
; I have the standard default WASD keys still mapped.  Dont use them but havent changed them.
Backward   = S
Left      = A
Right      = D
;The rest of the default movement keys are fine for me.

[Resources]
; Change what you want here, I'm not interested in harvesting everything but the default
; now appears to be to harvest all which is nice and clean and a good starting setting.
; Mess with this section AFTER you have everything else working

[JohnnyDoe]
; Also ignore this section until everything else is working.  This is where you set up your buffs.

Leave everything else as defaults NOTE, there are lots of new settings, at least since the last version I used, 3.0 so start fresh from the 3.12 sample.

- Now start the game, go to a nice safe zone like commonlands, get near some resources and give this a try. If you are going to try it in antonica, change [Antonica]->UseWayPoints=false so that it doesn't try to use the path.

- Once you have this much working you can start the fine tuning...
- set up your harvest filtering so you don't harvest everything, just what you want.
- set up some harvesting paths
- set up a hotbar if you want, possibly works a bit more efficiently but you waste a hotbar.
- set up buffs
- mess with pet stuff

Cheers,
RedMan

Edits based on feedback below...

Last edited by Guest on June 8th, 2005, 2:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Posted: June 6th, 2005, 4:49 pm

thewatcher
thewatcher's Reps:
This is GREAT, Mind if I help a little? When you feel it's complete we can include it as setup.txt and put it in the archive for 3.13, yes? Put your credits at the top of the file.

redman";p="66507 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Harvester 3.12 Setup Instructions!

Firstly, this assumes the following:
- Your viewpoint is set to avatar centric (Options->Controls->View Options->Free Look Controls)and Zoomed out, and up some

viewpoint in EQ2 (yea, I know, but trust me these have to be as simple as humanly possible ).

redman";p="66507 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
- You HAVE successfully got mouse demo to do it's thing. If that doesn't work, dont waste your time fighting with this until you have that much working first. Your problems are NOT related to this script if you cant get mouse demo to work.

- Your keys are set up just like mine are :P If they are not, then you will have to adapt the instructions.

- You have logging turned on. Actually to get this script to work, once you turn it on, you have to restart EQ so that the log file is where this script expects it to be due to an EQ bug that hopefully gets fixed some day. I'd rather this was handled like it is in the hunter bot but thats another argument. Turn logging on by typing /log the first time.

I noticed that hunter bot did something with the log but didn't pay much attention. Is it not just type /log once and the job is done? What does hunterbot do?

Steps:
- Download the rar file and extract it into the scripts folder. You should have HarvestBot_v312.ini, HarvestBot_v312.vbs, and ding.wav in your scripts folder as well as a subfolder called EQ2HarvestBot containing 9 more files.

Consider offering the web site for the rar extractor?

- Open HarvestBot_v312.ini and change the following keys to these values:

[Harvester]
; Required as the author uses this change to FORCE you to edit your ini.
DeleteMe = False
; Change to not use hotbar/hotkeys for harvests. It simplifies configuration and doesnt waste a hotbar.
; Later, once you have this thing rolling some feel that it is "safer" to use a hotbar here. I don't.

I think I may have found one advantage to hotbars, I notice that my hotbar queue's the commands, I should switch to non hotbar but have the hotbar display and see if the button flashes when using /useability as well. If not there is an advantage to using the hotbar.

Hotbar = 0
; I used the default path for EQ2
EQ2Path = c:\program files\sony\Everquest II\

[KeyConfig]
; NUMLOCK is my AUTORUN forward key.
Forward = {NUMLOCK}
; I have the standard default WASD keys still mapped. Dont use them but havent changed them.
Backward = S
Left = A
Right = D
;The rest of the default movement keys are fine for me.

[Resources]
; Change what you want here, I'm not interested in harvesting everything but the default
; now appears to be to harvest all which is nice and clean and a good starting setting.
; Mess with this section AFTER you have everything else working
One reason to consider turning all harvesting on is that when you harvest all nodes in an area they tend to pop quicker and in different patterns, also if say you don't harvest half the nodes, when you come back only the half you harvested have the possibility of having repoped as something you want.

; CHANGE this to be your charname.
[Johnydoe] <--- MUST change
; I put zero buffs here, I harvest where everything is grey and dont have speed buffs so this is not a usefull feature to me.
Numofbuffs = 0

If you aren't going to use buffs you can safely ignore that section, if the section [yourcharname] does not exist then no buffs will be used. Editing does no harm but no good either.
Leave everything else as defaults NOTE, there are lots of new settings, at least since the last version I used, 3.0 so start fresh from the 3.12 sample.

- Now start the game, go to a nice safe zone like commonlands, get near some resources and give this a try. If you are going to try it in antonica, change [Antonica]->UseWayPoints=false so that it doesn't try to use the path.

- Once you have this much working you can start the fine tuning...
- set up your harves priorities
- set up some harvesting paths
- set up a hotbar if you want
- set up buffs
- mess with pet stuff

Cheers,
RedMan

The priorities need not be changed if ClosestFirst is true

This is excellent, I look forward to including it in the next release. Thanks RedMan!

Posted: June 6th, 2005, 7:27 pm

redman
redman's Reps:
The log thing is "funny".

The very first time you create a log file it creates it in

c:\program files\sony\everquest II\logs\yourservername\eq2log_charname.txt

Then it saves that you want logging enabled, presumably so it can start again when you log back on again. HOWEVER... when it restarts, it logs to:

c:\program files\sony\everquest II\logs\eq2log_charname.txt

Note the lack of the server name subfolder.

What I do manually, and the hunter bot does is the following:
/log
/log

This turns logging off and back on again in quick succession. This results in EQ logging into

c:\program files\sony\everquest II\logs\yourservername\eq2log_charname.txt

Note again that its logging into the server sub-directory correctly. Clearly this is the intended behaviour. Some day it will be fixed. a few updates ago it wasn't REALLY saving that you wanted logging on although it was remembering how you had it set.. it just wasn't actually logging. You had to /log /log to get it working every session.

Some tools are hard coded to look in the server folder for the log file including a text-to-speech thinger I use.

---------------------

With the priorities comment, I was more referring to filtering what you want to harvest. Not everyone wants to fish or pick fungus for instance.

Please do feel free to "harvest" this for your instructions file.

RedMan

Posted: June 7th, 2005, 1:44 am

shalimaar
shalimaar's Reps:
Granted I'm new to this and I may be missing some things but Harvestbot doesn't show up in my scripts menu. The only option I have is Mousedeme.vbs. And this is after making changes to the INI file.

Posted: June 7th, 2005, 8:09 am

x21iron
x21iron's Reps:
Read through all the forums and got this running. I used an older script and it was not to the calliber this one is. Thanks for taking the time to create it. I've not used it long enough so can't see any issues yet.

Posted: June 7th, 2005, 8:29 am

thewatcher
thewatcher's Reps:
x21iron";p="66537 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Read through all the forums and got this running. I used an older script and it was not to the calliber this one is. Thanks for taking the time to create it. I've not used it long enough so can't see any issues yet.

Thanks, it's very nice to see someone post just to say thanks, I appreciate it.

Posted: June 7th, 2005, 9:51 am

redman
redman's Reps:
shalimaar";p="66531 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Granted I'm new to this and I may be missing some things but Harvestbot doesn't show up in my scripts menu. The only option I have is Mousedeme.vbs. And this is after making changes to the INI file.

Did you have EQ2 running when you installed it? XUnleashed doesn't notice new scripts appearing after it is started. Try restarting everything and if it still isn't there, check if HarvestBot_v312.vbs is in the same directory as mousedemo.vbs, both of which should be in xunleashed\scripts.

Posted: June 7th, 2005, 10:05 am

redman
redman's Reps:
Updated my instructions post above. I still haven't had a chance to do any pathing with the new version. Perhaps I can find time to mess with that tonight.

RedMan

Posted: June 7th, 2005, 3:08 pm

shalimaar
shalimaar's Reps:
The file is in the same folder as the Mousedemo. However after reading your instrucitons I haven't successfully gotten Mousedemo to work for me. Did a search on these forums and couldn't find out how I may get Mousedemo to work.

Posted: June 8th, 2005, 2:48 pm

redman
redman's Reps:
Shal,

See the newly added first step referring to putting a UI window behind the scripts dialog.

RedMan

Posted: June 8th, 2005, 5:01 pm

redman
redman's Reps:
Is this stuff working post patch? Radar seems to be but running it in an open area with no paths results in complete lag hell after finishing the first resource.

RedMan

Posted: June 8th, 2005, 5:08 pm

redman
redman's Reps:
Works great with a path, I suspect there is some brokenness in the default behaviour with no paths. I may have seen this the other night as well when preparing my instructions.

RedMan

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online