taultunleashed logoRequest/idea for the Bot creation GODS! : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 2
newtopic  postreply
 [ 23 posts ]  Previous  1, 2
blue large dot

Request/idea for the Bot creation GODS! : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 2

Posted: July 28th, 2005, 2:17 pm

tault_discoduck
tault_discoduck's Reps:
Everdump+Blaz's vpk extractor+regmon+procmon+diskmon+TSearch+Ultraedit+lots of time experimenting, poking and proding= everything you could possibly want to know. Hell, Im a moderately active poster here, and I haven't bothered posting even half the crap I've figured out (mostly because I firmly belive there would be alot less stupid questions if some of these scriptkiddies would take the time to try to figure !@#$%^&* out on thier own first rather than just leeching).

Posted: July 28th, 2005, 2:27 pm

tault_discoduck
tault_discoduck's Reps:
to expand on how I use /apply_verb for legit reasons: I have a neutral toon. Lvl 15, halfway through the betrayal quest. Intentionaly left neutral, for reasons of my own =] Anyhow- Banking is obviously a problem. Unfortunately, the only reason he exists is to bank...I can just stroll into the bank, what with the guard right there and all. However- I've found a sweet spot (in beggars alley) where, from the path behind the bank, I am in range of the banker, and my appt (in case I need to bail because a guard is coming up the path, plus I need to zone out and back in alot...again, for my own reasons), but outside agro range of the guard. Now, obviously, I can't see either the banker or my door. (btw- you can bank anywhere as long as your invis. even after the 'no hailing while invis' patch). SO: 2 macros, both 1 liners- 1 to bank :/apply_verb 1234567 bank (numbers change periodicly- thats just a made up one) and another to enter my appt: /apply_verb 7654321 enter.

Heres another idea: run around on a nonKOS toon and get all the spawn IDs for sabotage quests. That way you can dash in on your KOS toon, and spam the sabotage hotkey (put em all on the same hotkey- the invalid ones will just fail silently) till you get the update, then dash out....

Or in Splitpaw, in the prelaunch zone, I used to have issues targeting the boxes that were on the otherside of the bone wall..../apply verb 12345 move did the trick, as long as I was in range. No need to try clicking anything (If I had my way, I would throw my mouse away...hence my obsession with doing everything from the commandline).

Posted: July 28th, 2005, 7:57 pm

thewatcher
thewatcher's Reps:
Could you supply me with a list of verbs you have found, parameters to those verbs? This sounds very useful, especially for making better bots. Examples of macros you use maybe? I have not bothered to use a sniffer and would rather not have to waste the time on that when it could be better spent (for me) on making bots. I'd be especially interested in deleting items.

Posted: July 29th, 2005, 3:00 am

tault_discoduck
tault_discoduck's Reps:
anything in the world that glows when you mouse over it can be manipulated using /apply_verb. To get the list of verbs for that particular item, right click it, the pop up window is the full list of valid verbs avalible to you. When your talking about items and inventory, thats a seperate matter, handled through /inventory commands. /inventory delete 123 is what you want. You just have to be very careful because, even though your addressing the items by number as though they were in a list, they're actualy stored as a hash, meaning the number that coresponds to the item may and will change every time you zone. What you'd really need for that is for Wyrven to add inventory handling to eq2service. (hint hint)

Posted: July 29th, 2005, 3:46 am

thewatcher
thewatcher's Reps:
Hmm, assuming that you have not zoned will the number of the item be the same as reported in the log? If so that could be useful...

Posted: July 29th, 2005, 2:51 pm

tault_discoduck
tault_discoduck's Reps:
no. completely different numbering system. (and wandering off topic here...)

the number you see in your log is just used for item links. Its a hash (different kind of hash- hash as in crc type hash, not hash as in 'not an array'). An item can be refered to by a number of different numbers, depending on your relationship to it. If its a link, the number is a static number tied to that item in the link database.
If its in your inventory, it can be addressed by its index number. The problem is that, even though your calling an index number, leading you to belive the data is stored as an array (aka a numbered list), its only a list once you enter a zone. In the background, its stored in a hash (aka an associative array- the key is that the server uses a magical system to store data in the most effcient way possible. Meaning that the order or index number can and will change every time you call it). The point of all this is that those index numbers are dynamic- just because item X is in the number 1 position this time, doesnt mean it will be next time. Also, every time you touch an item, it consumes that index number and adds a new one to the end. So if item X was indeed at positon 1, and you moved it from one slot to another, its now in position 31 (assuming you had 31 items- indexes start counting at zero).
Equiped item is indexed by slot number. These are static, and also start counting at zero
Items for sale by NPCs can just be called by the number you see in the log (make sure you convert it to unsigned)
Items for sale on the broker, and items you sell, trade, etc (including to NPCs) are called by thier unique serial number.

OK- ways to interact with the data:
/info inventory <index> will pop up the examine window for that item. If its in the bank or house vault, you now have to be in a bank or vault session to retrive the data.
/inventory move <a series of 4 values, which I always get mixed up- they are in no order: the current item index number, the 'category (inventory, bank, shared, vault,), slot number (zero for auto), and quanity.
/inventory pop <index> removes item in overflow and auto inventories it
inventory destroy <index> self explainitory
/inventory equip <index> ditto
/equip use <index> use (for right clickies). /use_equipped <index> also works
/equip unequip <index> self explaintory
/buy_from_merchant <ID (the one you see in your log) <quanity> buys said item, assuming the vendor sells it
/buy_from_broker <serial number> <quanity> buys an item for sale on the broker
/info consignment <serial number> shows the examine info for any item that is for sale on the broker. This is the 'real' link- the one that lists the person who made it if crafted, etc, as opposed to the generic one
/sell_to_merchant <serial number> <quanity> sell an item from your inventory to a merchant

I don't recall atm if trading items between players is done via index or serial, but I belive its via index. Can check easily enough, though, if anyone really wants to know.

This is not an exaustive list by any means, just some examples to illustrate the different ways the client/server exchange takes place, and what I mean when I say that the items 'number' depends on your relationship with it.

At any rate- the inventoy index table is sent as a whole every time you zone. Whenever theres a change to your inventory, you get an update. I would assume that, the client has to keep that table in memory to know what index number to send to the server when the player does somthing- so it follows that a new fuction could be built into eq2service to keep tabs on that table, and be able to import that as a datatype. It would be useful to be able to, say for example, retrive the index number of any item matching a regex, so a harvestbot could automaticly delete everything but rares or specific items... or say for tradeskilling bots, to get the index for all items matching a regex, to manipulate and automate your inventory from the commandline...and so on.

Posted: July 29th, 2005, 6:30 pm

tault_sirusdv
tault_sirusdv's Reps:
Wow, that is really helpful information where did you find all this out? I'm gonna talk to tault_admin about you ^.^

Posted: July 29th, 2005, 7:31 pm

thewatcher
thewatcher's Reps:
That was exactly the kind of info I wanted, thank you very much. A source for this info (and more) would be great if you have it but if not thanks again, great info.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online