taultunleashed logoRequest/idea for the Bot creation GODS! : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 23 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

Request/idea for the Bot creation GODS! : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions

Posted: July 19th, 2005, 5:46 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
I think I mentioned this in another thread but I figured maybe I should make a stand alone post.

It would be cool if there was a bot that you could traverse your standard paths inside a zone to get to locations you go to often. I was thinking you could take the program up here and get your waypoints then copy them into this new bot and hit start, then the bot would run you along the path of waypoints you setup. I am not sure if it is possible but if you could get it to go from zone to zone (run thru CL zone into Nek, run to dock and zone into TS, ect all automated) that would be cool also.

Maybe even have it setup so if your attacked you hit sprint for 15 sec then stop sprinting so you don't use up all your power. Maybe setup so at certain waypoint markers you do something special like jump (for getting over fence or streams).

I don't have the smarts to write something like this but think it would be a nice utility.

Loraik

Posted: July 26th, 2005, 11:56 pm

bitflux
bitflux's Reps:
we have some fairly similar, not quite like you were wanting but. use HBmakepath to a nice path setting the range to 0 on all waypoints. then copy and past the waypoints in to harvestbot 4.xx. then turn on the harvest bot and it will run your route skipping all the nodes because the range is 0. (but when you get to the other side of the zone it will want to loop back to waypoint 1)

It doesnt zone for you. I am guessing what you are getting at is turn it on at qeynos harbor and bot zone and run you to permafrost or something. it wont do that (yet) but it's a good idea.

Posted: July 27th, 2005, 9:03 am

thewatcher
thewatcher's Reps:
I like this idea and it would be very simple to impliment with BotBase's waypoint class with one exception, the zoning. it would have to 'find' the bell and click on it and since the bell is fairly small that might be tough. As far as the rest of the travel/zoning it should not be too bad, if the mouse is positioned roughly in the center of the screen, run up to the zone point, press your 'use' key and you'll zone, now run path and repeat.

I'm putting the finishing touches on EQ2Harvester right now, maybe when that is done I'll take this little project on before starting on a fighter bot.

Posted: July 27th, 2005, 10:41 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
Could you set bell locations up via x,y coords so when you run up to a bell you stop just shy of the bell's x,y and since you ar running on a set path the bell would be centered in the screen? Just a thought..

Loraik

Posted: July 27th, 2005, 11:07 am

thewatcher
thewatcher's Reps:
yea, you could do that but if something were between you and the bell.... of course using BotBase's Navigator the creapto range of 1 would make that very unlikely. I'll have to play with it and see.

Posted: July 27th, 2005, 11:49 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
Is there a code or something to access the bell? It seems like somewhere I saw a autozone UI piece over on EQ2interface, I will see if I can locate it. Maybe a small UI piece and a script could get the job done.. Just thinking out loud. I will see if I can find it.

Loraik

Posted: July 27th, 2005, 11:54 am

thewatcher
thewatcher's Reps:
Yea, the accepting the zone is not a problem, just send {enter}, it's the clicking on the bell part that could be difficult. I'll have to try it to find out.

Posted: July 27th, 2005, 12:11 pm

loraik
loraik's Reps:
I think it was this mod that I was thinking of: http://www.eq2interface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=3826

Isn't exactly what I thought it was.

Loraik

Posted: July 27th, 2005, 12:22 pm

thewatcher
thewatcher's Reps:
Yea,I highly recommend all the 'enter for default action' mods, the loot one is VERY handy too ). They also accept arrow keys to select multi zone options so you don't have to use the mouse at all if you don't want to.

Posted: July 27th, 2005, 3:40 pm

tault_discoduck
tault_discoduck's Reps:
get the ghost ID of the bell. /apply_verb <ghost ID> <exact text you see when right clicking, case sensitive> . ie. /apply_verb 12345 Travel by Sea

They changed the bell so you don't have to pick your destination zone, unless there happens to be more than one TS or Zek up.

Posted: July 27th, 2005, 5:03 pm

thewatcher
thewatcher's Reps:
Yea, my concern with this, as well as the possibility of deleting unwanted items while harvesting with /commands is how detectable... or are they checking for this type of thing. Let's face it, you would never do this by hand...

Posted: July 27th, 2005, 7:45 pm

tault_discoduck
tault_discoduck's Reps:
if you watch the data stream- it makes no difference which you use- click or /apply_verb. Both are interpreted clientside, the exact same data is sent to the server, regardless of which you use. And yes, I use /apply_verb all the time in my legal, in-game macros. Its a valid command, I am breaking absolutely zero rules using it. (ok, well in this particular case theres no legal way to get the ghost IDs, but for say NPCs, any npc that talks to you, you can get the ID from your log file. All without breaking any EULA rules).

So not only are they not watching for it, but it wouldnt matter if they were-

Posted: July 27th, 2005, 10:51 pm

thewatcher
thewatcher's Reps:
Hmm, and what exactly is the syntax for apply_verb, I've figured out that the first param is the ID#, what are the possible strings that can follow it? Ihave searched for it and can't seem to find any details.

Posted: July 28th, 2005, 2:34 am

tault_discoduck
tault_discoduck's Reps:
The second param. is the verb to apply. Theres no list, because its going to be different depending on what it is. The server sends the default verb with the inital data package for the ghostID, so that if you just double click or mouse-over and hit F, it does that verb. Only when you right click on it does it request and recive the full list of valid verbs for that node. Im sure theres a command to manualy request the list of valid verbs, but I haven't bothered finding it.

Posted: July 28th, 2005, 11:30 am

tault_sirusdv
tault_sirusdv's Reps:
what are you using to peak the datastream? EverDump?

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online