taultunleashed logoEQ2 Trick: Fast load eq2 : EverQuest 2 Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 9 posts ] 
blue large dot

EQ2 Trick: Fast load eq2 : EverQuest 2 Submissions

Posted: December 5th, 2005, 5:26 pm

alexv2
alexv2's Reps:
sometimes you wanna reboot eq2 quick, but dont wanna go through all the trouble of launching the program that scans for files, typing in your password, etc.
this is what i do to get in and out of eq2 quick

1. dont just /exit, first type /camp then /exit, because if you camp it will start the countdown timer and you wont get the msg "you have a character logged into the server" forcing you to wait 5+ minutes.

2. go to eq2interface.com, get the new fetish ui, unzip the ui, you only need 1 file "eq2ui_loginscene.xml" edit the file with notepad. find the 8th line that says

(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):
WindowPage.AutoplayWorld.visible=true" PackLocation="left,top" PackLocationProp="0000/0001,0000/0001" PackSize="absolute,absolute" PackSizeProp="0000/0001,0000/0001" Password="PASSWORD" ScrollExtent="1280,1024" Server="SERVER" Size="1280,1024">

change
Password="PASSWORD"
to
your password where it says PASSWORD

change
Server="SERVER"
to
your server where it says SERVER

it should look like this when your done, say my password was "wtfomg" and server was "Ogok" then the code in the xml file would look like this:
(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):
WindowPage.AutoplayWorld.visible=true" PackLocation="left,top" PackLocationProp="0000/0001,0000/0001" PackSize="absolute,absolute" PackSizeProp="0000/0001,0000/0001" Password="wtfomg" ScrollExtent="1280,1024" Server="Ogok" Size="1280,1024">

save the file, put it in your custom ui folder (if you dont use a custom ui, try the fetish 1, it is pretty nice...)

3. Make a copy of EverQuest2.exe on your desktop, not EQ2.exe, now load it from there untill you need to patch, you will come to login screen with your password, account, server info filled out for you, all you have to do is type a character name and click enter, and you are in the world.

(this is a great timesaver if you need to get back to your group, raid etc asap, cuts TONS of time off the overall load time)

p.s. dont forget to always /camp before you type /exit

Posted: December 6th, 2005, 6:28 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
Removed Happy hunting!

Loraik

Last edited by Guest on December 6th, 2005, 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: December 6th, 2005, 9:38 am

alexv2
alexv2's Reps:
if your worried about the security of putting your password in that file.. think about this.

1. If somehow somewone is looking at that file that is not in your household... you have a big problem... called a backdoor virus.

2. You should have a firewall installed and be watching incoming and outgoing information.

3. Who is actually going to know that your password is in that specific file... eq2 doesent autosave password so nowone is going to do a /search on your eq2 folder for the phrase "password" in it... unless they know that it is in that file... and you shouldnt have people like that having access to your computer anyways.

Last edited by Guest on December 6th, 2005, 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: December 6th, 2005, 9:57 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
Removed Happy Hunting!

Loraik

Posted: December 7th, 2005, 3:28 pm

tault_discoduck
tault_discoduck's Reps:
If you look around on the site referenced above, theres also a mod you could wrap in with this one that allows you to hardcode each of your toons names- so you'd launch the app, and select the toon from a list. You can also use backslash commands to switch toons without having to go to character select: /cl_allow_autoplay 1 ; /autoplay_character Xxxxx

Posted: December 8th, 2005, 9:20 am

lethal

Total Posts: 1352
lethal's Reps: 0
Lifetime Member (Guides)
I swear Ive seen this code before....

Have any questions? Email me: lethal.tault@gmail.com

Posted: January 22nd, 2006, 2:29 pm

arremis
arremis's Reps:
There is a couple of quick-change mods on the EQ2 interface site that allow you to switch characters. You have to edit the XML file and add your server and character names. I use it myself, and it works nicely.

On test server they've implimented a new command: /camp charactername and it will do the same thing as this mod does. It's part of the LU19 update.

Sorry to burst your bubble dude :/

Posted: February 2nd, 2006, 5:18 pm

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
Or you could just save your self a lot of trouble by creating a shortcut to Everquest2.exe and running that everytime you need to get back in quicker. It skips the patcher altogether and throws you into the char select screen.

Posted: February 3rd, 2006, 4:51 am

speedtospare

Total Posts: 23
speedtospare's Reps: 0
THis was added into yesterdays patch

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online