taultunleashed logoInifite Glowing Shards quick : EverQuest 2 Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 8 posts ] 
blue large dot

Inifite Glowing Shards quick : EverQuest 2 Submissions

Posted: September 9th, 2005, 10:53 am

lordvonblut
lordvonblut's Reps:
Zone into nek castle inside nek forest, within the first room there will always be a ? mark that produces a glowing shard. Once you have collected the glowing shard exit the castle and zone back in, there will be another ?, just keep on repeating this process until desired. This is a nice trick if you want to level up alts quick by doing collection quests. You can also make a nice amount of gold by selling shards on broker, some shards can sell up to 5g or higher depending on server.

Posted: September 9th, 2005, 11:12 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
I thought there was a 3hour lockout on Nek castle?

Loraik

Posted: September 9th, 2005, 1:02 pm

malar1
malar1's Reps:
You can also do this with Splitpaw...what I do is,I mentor down then my 2nd account enters ,unmentor,run through grab all ?'s...rinse and repeat.Takes me less than 5 minutes and I've gained 3 ?'s.Of course all you get are the splitpaw items(coins,tails,ears).

Posted: September 9th, 2005, 3:39 pm

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
Sounds like common sence to me. Not exactly premium access material, sorry.
Also, the 3 hour Nek Castle lock out starts when you kill one of the sisters i believe.

Posted: September 9th, 2005, 7:06 pm

tault_discoduck
tault_discoduck's Reps:
(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
Zone into nek castle inside nek forest, within the first room there will always be a ? mark that produces a glowing shard

Thats the important part. Collectables are not as tightly tied to tiers as harvestables. Granted, they follow a general pattern, but regardless of what zone your in, GLOWING shards are fairly rare (rarish, if such a word exists), and are subsequently valuable. Its unlikely one would find one selling for under a gold. If it can be confirmed that you can get a glowing every time, with a zero re-entry timer, then I have to say its might be worth prem. IMHO. Hell, given how easily this could be botted, and the going rate for glowings, this could be a very very nice way to pad ones bank acct.

Posted: September 12th, 2005, 2:17 pm

omgstfu
omgstfu's Reps:
Well, i've just zoned 5 times into Nek Castle, and didn't see a question mark at all.

Posted: September 13th, 2005, 4:26 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
Also, the 3 hour Nek Castle lock out starts when you kill one of the sisters i believe.

Ahh ok, only been in there 1 time but remember back a long time ago zoning in to look around when I got access zoning out then not being able to zone back in..

Loraik

Posted: September 18th, 2005, 11:41 pm

oliver123
oliver123's Reps:
There is always a ? up in the very first courtyard. It doesn't always produce a glowing shard, although it will frequently. You also get irridescent beetles and IIRC shiny shards in nek castle.

That being said, it is one of the best places to get glowing shards. The Obelisk "Keeper" room is better though (1 min respawn). In Obelisk, it is always a glowing shard or enchanted bone.

*edit* I haven't been to Nek castle in months, and just noticed the reply saying they zoned in and didn't see one. They may have removed it.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online