Before I pay for a Premium... : FFXI General Discussions

Posted: December 8th, 2007, 6:21 pm

tangents
tangents's Reps:
Before I register for premium service can anyone tell me if these still work:

1) flee tool/speed hack
2) pos
3) Fish bot

I just want to make sure that I don't end up getting premium while none of the hacks work anymore. (I haven't played in over a year so I don't know what changes occureed)

Thanks

Posted: December 8th, 2007, 8:09 pm

kourath

Total Posts: 1979
kourath's Reps: 23
Active User > 50 Posts
tangents (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
1) flee tool/speed hack
2) pos
3) Fish bot

1. Yes, but it's a pretty sure-fire way to get banned. For that reason, I'm not sure we maintain a working version.

2. Same situation as flee tool.

3. Yep.

Check out this link to learn about our 7 day satisfaction guarantee http://www.taultunleashed.com/phpbb2/ab ... olicy.html

RIP kourath. 5/21/08

Posted: December 8th, 2007, 8:43 pm

waitinginshadow

Total Posts: 1359
waitinginshadow's Reps: 12
Kourath pretty much summed it up... Good forum troll....

Posted: December 8th, 2007, 8:54 pm

tangents
tangents's Reps:
Thanks for your reply, just one more question.
How does SE detect Flee tool? Is it based on people seeing you and zone changing too fast or can physically detect a program is running ( like a virus scan)

Posted: December 8th, 2007, 8:56 pm

waitinginshadow

tangents (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Thanks for your reply, just one more question.
How does SE detect Flee tool? Is it based on people seeing you and zone changing too fast or can physically detect a program is running ( like a virus scan)

I just wrote this up in the other thread where you asked the same question:

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
I doubt they can detect the fisher directly, but they could probably tell whether or not you're botting by a few simple things:

1. AFK and/or standing in 1 spot for hours.
2. Repeating the same action over and over and over and over so many times that only a machine could do it.
3. No linkshell, /anon, no communication with ANY human being, etc.

Those are just some things a person/GM could look for to see if someone is botting. Odds are, if they met all 3 of those things (especially AFK botting) they're probably botting.

So don't do them.

As a recommendation, I suggest that if you're going to bot, you move your character's position around a lot. Not a lot, lot, but every 20 minutes or so. It'll give people the impression that you're not botting, but actually there, and getting tired of standing in the same position for a long time. This gives you a more human-like appearance and can definitely reduce your chances of getting caught.

But like previously stated, there's no way for them to directly tell whether or not you're botting, because there's no way for them to legally (accent on legally) scan your computer for malicious (for FFXI) programs. They would need to add that to their EULA (End User License Agreement) or their ToS (Terms of Service) in order to do ANY type of scanning of your computer. So just having and running the programs is safe, for now, but it's how you USE those programs that can get you into trouble.

And if you're going to buy a premium membership, click the link in my signature to go directly to the buying page.

~Shadow

Posted: December 8th, 2007, 9:53 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
@waitingshadow, lol I never even noticed that before. That is a good idea!!! And you KNOW what I"m talking about!

Posted: December 9th, 2007, 1:35 am

lilfisher

Total Posts: 6810
lilfisher's Reps: 63
what having an affiliates link in your sig? :p

Posted: December 9th, 2007, 8:35 am

waitinginshadow

*Cough* Stole the idea from Fisher *Cough* But it was my idea to make it BIGGER :D

But seriously, click it and buy it :D

Posted: December 9th, 2007, 9:23 am

kourath

Total Posts: 1979
kourath's Reps: 23
Active User > 50 Posts
waitinginshadow (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Kourath pretty much summed it up... Good forum troll....

I haven't trolled in a while. I guess I just didn't feel like it. This guy didnt do anything to merit a flaming. I don't have anything against this site anymore either.

RIP kourath. 5/21/08

Posted: December 9th, 2007, 10:08 am

pyrolol

Total Posts: 795
pyrolol's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
I feel I should point out that while they can't legally scan for hacks/bots, it is both legal and from an implementation point of view easy to detect fleetool and pos whether you zone or not.

if it's running but not doing anything you should be safe, but frankly what's the point?

My advice: Don't touch them, no matter how little or trivial it may seem. Fish bots are ok, but don't afk unless you can afford to lose the account. Moving around to a new place makes it less likely people report you, but still, be there and you should be fine.

Posted: December 9th, 2007, 4:08 pm

aozora

Total Posts: 195
aozora's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
GMs detect you because anything that we do that interacts with thier server is computer monitored.. and anything that is unusual is flagged. such as
using sneak attack.. sends a message to the server saying we used it. but if you uise it twice within the same minute, you are flagged and possibly monitored after that. same thing goes with speed increases not caused by items/abilities and porting

Posted: December 9th, 2007, 6:50 pm

waitinginshadow

Aozora, that's not a good example, 'cuz of merits now... But we get the point.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online