Posted: March 4th, 2008, 1:08 pm

siman
siman's Reps:
I need A program on how to bot hnm's

Posted: March 4th, 2008, 2:50 pm

waitinginshadow

Total Posts: 1359
waitinginshadow's Reps: 12
There are 2 programs in the Confirmed Macros, Scripts and Programs section for FFXI:

- NMAlert
- APBot

Both can claim NMs/HNMs/anything.

But be very careful, if you bot an HNM, you probably will get caught if a bunch of people are after it. Be very discrete when using programs, because one GM call could be your last if you're not careful.

Posted: March 4th, 2008, 6:36 pm

vaxthemonk

Total Posts: 379
vaxthemonk's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
If you are not afk, how can they tell? Check packets?

Posted: March 5th, 2008, 1:36 pm

tubotzz

Total Posts: 213
tubotzz's Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
vaxthemonk (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Check packets?

Yes, several members of my LS were banned for this reason a while back.

Posted: March 5th, 2008, 6:27 pm

waitinginshadow

Checking packets isn't much of anything.

I can understand that if your program is sending a request to the server to check and see if the NM/HNM is alive, and then sends a request to follow/claim it, but the game does that automatically.

Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure the claiming programs on this site don't "ask" the server if the NM is up or not, but they actually check the information on your PC to see if the it has received information from the game that the target is up.

It gets you to the same outcome, but it does it indirectly for precautionary reasons such as this.

I'm going to do a little research from the creators and I'll get back to you on this.

But I hope you understand what I'm trying to say through this post.

Posted: March 5th, 2008, 6:33 pm

waitinginshadow

Alright, I spoke with Admin, not Wyvern yet, and he said that he thinks it reads incoming packets and determines whether or not to follow/claim through that, which is basically what I said as it asks your own computer if it received the information from the server.

So, as it stands, the claiming programs on this site are NOT at all directly detectable. The only way you're going to get caught is through your own stupidity.

For example:

-Setting claim delay to 0
-Not moving for hours and claiming as soon as popped
-Not moving after mob killed
-Running into objects
-Telling people you cheat
-AFK botting and getting spoken to by GM

Doing any of those things listed above will pretty much get you the ban-stick, but if you're careful you're not likely to get caught... So just be cautious.

Posted: March 6th, 2008, 12:00 am

terrahffxi
terrahffxi's Reps:
Can't they tell that you're targetting a NM that's alive? Cause once you start the bot your <t> becomes NM.

Posted: March 6th, 2008, 4:28 am

waitinginshadow

No, because you're targeting the mob through the packets that your COMPUTER is receiving.

The only way that would be detectable is if the bot directly asked the server itself to target the mob.

So instead of: BOT -> SERVER -> BOT
It goes: SERVER -> COMPUTER -> BOT -> COMPUTER -> SERVER

And that action is how the bot gets and sends its information, meaning since it's totally indirect and follows the same path as a normal human would take (minus the BOT), it is undetectable.

Posted: March 6th, 2008, 8:03 pm

terrahffxi
terrahffxi's Reps:
sounds hax GIT IT? LOL!

Posted: March 6th, 2008, 9:18 pm

kourath

Total Posts: 1979
kourath's Reps: 23
Active User > 50 Posts
waitinginshadow (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
follows the same path as a normal human would take (minus the BOT), it is undetectable.

Thats not entirely correct. As I understand it, these bots operate entirely through ffxi's memory (with the exception of the provoke command). As trivial as this may seem, it does make a difference- under the right circumstances. The shorthand of this is that an illegal provoke could be made with, and only with, said tools. Whether or not the server can check for provokes that are impossible without the assistance of claiming bots is debatable, but realize that there is a risk. Note that I've been out of the game (no pun intended) for a while now, and its possible I'm wrong.

Edit: oops looks like you covered this a bit already:
(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
-Setting claim delay to 0

waitinginshadow (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
No, because you're targeting the mob through the packets that your COMPUTER is receiving.

Close. I'm fairly sure these bots read memory, not packets. Packets are encrypted, making them hard to crack, and there really is no reason to sniff packets when all the information is available to you right in memory.

All and all, I would say that claiming bots (publicly accessible ones, anyways) are safe with human supervision.

Wheres pyrolol? He knows all this crap.

RIP kourath. 5/21/08

Posted: March 7th, 2008, 4:27 am

waitinginshadow

When I was referring to packets, I was talking about the packets that FFXI sends every computer in the zone, telling them that the mob is alive.

I guess you could read that through memory, but it's beyond me...

Maybe something like:

(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):
if (target.getList().contains(xxxxxx) == true){
kb.sendString("/ja provoke " + xxxxxx);
}

Or something remotely like that... Was just a simple Java example, and I HIGHLY doubt it would even be close to something that could claim a mob... Lol

Posted: March 7th, 2008, 10:20 am

kourath

Total Posts: 1979
kourath's Reps: 23
Active User > 50 Posts
I think that theres a "list" in memory of all the mobs currently in the zone, or something like that. Pyrolol could give you a better answer (unless I'm mistaking him for someone else)

RIP kourath. 5/21/08

Posted: March 7th, 2008, 3:11 pm

waitinginshadow

Nah, he could lol

Posted: March 8th, 2008, 1:23 pm

pyrolol

Total Posts: 795
pyrolol's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
kourath (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Wheres pyrolol? He knows all this crap.

Yeah haven't been on the computer for the last couple of days ;;. You guys have got it right though.

Right. This applies only to FFXI, and may become invalid if they update (very improbable though, they'd have done it already). Blizzard, notably, take a *very* different approach which makes things much harder.

I haven't used a claiming program myself in a very long time; it is possible new ones use dramatically different methods that might be detectable. Unlikely though.

For our purposes, Square Enix only have access to the packets sent by your computer. They don't *know* you're using fleetool, they just know you've gone a long way in not very much time.

This is an example of the sort of internal structure of a claim bot:
(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):
while (FFXI.NPC(npcID).HPP == 0)       // Repeats the while the NPC is dead (unspawned).
{
   sleep(10);             // Pause 10 milliseconds.
}                  // Go Back^^.
sleep(delay);               // Don't claim too fast or it won't work.
SetTarget(npcID);            // It's spawned, so target it.
Windower.SendText("/ja "Provoke" <t>");   // Provoke it. the "'s are replaced with ".

The top line is only reading local information, they can't know you're doing it.
The SendText line is also safe, as long as the delay is believable.
The SetTarget is a little more complicated.

Whether a claim-bot gets it's information by reading packets (waste of time), or by reading memory is irrelevant. Yes, there is a list in memory (traditionally located at ModuleBase("ffximain.dll") + NPCMAP_offset (<< an offset)). It is a pointer array, to the NPC structures, which contain all relevant information in a very easily accessible manner.

If the bot tabs around, it will definetely be safe, as long as it doesn't tab too fast. If it 'forces' the target, it's best if you imagine it's clicking the mob (it's not like this really, but the technicalities are irrelevant).

In summary, no part of this process is actually detectable. Nonetheless, if a program is doing things a player couldn't (or just wouldn't) do, people will notice, GM's will get involved, and you could get caught. Not because of a program, but because you are using it to do things that are just plain impossible.

Imho the safest way to build these kind of bots without sacrificing too much speed is by removing all other PC's and NPC's from your screen (it's actually very easy to do), and tabbing.

Posted: March 8th, 2008, 3:36 pm

waitinginshadow

Cool, I was somewhat right :)

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online