blue large dot

GUIDE: Ultimate Mining Guide 1.5 : FFXI Submissions - Page 2

Posted: September 3rd, 2005, 8:25 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Lots of nos for it. He did spend awhile on it but its sorta along the lines can i just go to alla and get the same info via a few guides.

Posted: September 3rd, 2005, 10:44 am

alex2001
alex2001's Reps:
Edited thank you.

The jobs you said are the ones I have seen too.

Still have not seen a LVL 80 though. :roll:

Posted: September 4th, 2005, 8:02 pm

manaianjo
manaianjo's Reps:
I still stand by the fact that it is the most complete guide i have run accross. YES their are other guids that detail the same info listed here, but this is a nice COMPLETE guide to mining. It may not be premium matterial to others, but it is to me... I get more tools and info off free sites than I get here... I like it when this site lists BETTER guides/exploits/bots than the freebies, makes the subscription worth the money. I do not care that a less attractive duplicate exists elseware. I pay to be here. I would like to be able to get all of my FFXI needs here. just saying it is a good complete guide.

Posted: September 5th, 2005, 4:27 am

tault_elemex
tault_elemex's Reps:
I didn't say it was bad, but it is just info abit too common. (I will move this to guide discussion section.)

Posted: September 10th, 2005, 1:34 am

liqqy01
liqqy01's Reps:
It's a very convenient guide as it has the mysterytour mining maps mixed with a guide for beginners. But i'd assume a fair few people here use the ffxi windower so you could easily have an alla guide and mysterytour open.

But it's always nice to have everything in the one place.

Posted: September 18th, 2005, 8:33 am

manaianjo
manaianjo's Reps:
Don't know if this is Due to a recent update... or.... But I have noticed in the last few days after I have been in a particular zone mining for a specific amount of time, over an hour at least - I can no longer use pickaxes. I have to zone for them to be useable again.
Don't know if this is some new anti-bot code or what...

Posted: September 18th, 2005, 7:14 pm

tault_elemex
tault_elemex's Reps:
Oh... should be i guess. But this is quite useless as people can just make bots to zone every hr and return to mining @@;;.

Posted: September 23rd, 2005, 3:28 am

uchiha sasuke
uchiha sasuke's Reps:
what is the best place and pos to mine??

Posted: September 23rd, 2005, 3:52 am

tault_elemex
tault_elemex's Reps:
Highest profit: Ifrit's cauldron
Best pos: Where no one is around.

Posted: September 23rd, 2005, 7:38 pm

intrntrage
intrntrage's Reps:
I thank you all for viewing and replying to my guide, as I still wait to see if I am able to get premium. If I do happen to get premium then I shall update my guide with more information that I have come across.

Posted: September 23rd, 2005, 10:22 pm

tault_elemex
tault_elemex's Reps:
Hmm.. i would recommend premium if you provided:
-Recommended lvl range for each area.
-Real threats in Ifrit.
--Bees and Opo opo are non-aggro but link.
-Possible solution to avoid aggro. What to spells to cast for each mob.

Posted: September 27th, 2005, 4:33 pm

edster45
edster45's Reps:
i say give him the premium, i thought his guide was very helpful.

Posted: September 28th, 2005, 2:06 am

tault_elemex
tault_elemex's Reps:
A full guide would be much appreciated though...

Posted: September 30th, 2005, 9:14 am

manaianjo
manaianjo's Reps:
The guide is very incomplete... You can also mine in places not mentioned in the guide. I find Oldton Movapolis is the BEST place to mine due to the Items you get while mining, AND because you can avoid aggro in most of the place arround 55+ and all of the place at 60+. There is even a No aggro mining point that you can take a lower level friend to. I have modified a killing ifrit's map to display the mining points I have found. There may be more, but I have not needed them. There is more than one point that spawns at the same time in this zone - I discovered that when I sat a level 30 friend at the no aggro point while I ran arround to the others.
The RED spot is the aggro free point, just a pair of tripple bats spawn here - the tripple bats in this area do not aggro at all, not even to healing; However, a lighnting elemental does spawn here so casting would be a bad idea when it is there.
A goldsmith would make a ton of GIL here since Moblin Helm/Mail has a HQ3 desynth to Gold Ingots. Moblin helm/mail is a common drop in here.
Any level job with the ability to sneak and invis themselves can mine in here at the aggro-frre point on my map.
Platinum Ore (40-50K)
Darksteel Ore (20K)
Gold Ore (20K)
are the winners here. this is also a great place to begin leveling your goldsmithing and smithing. Copper Zinc Tin silver and Iron are plentiful here.
Newton has been mentioned as an alternate to Ifrit's Cauldron, BUT with the location of the points and the gates/rusty levers... it is not easily doable unless you are using a teleport hack - This zone has a lot of one-way passeges that you have to cross to reach a point. I am going to try this place again later when I am a much higher level... like 75... I am merely guessing and have not researched it, but I believe the mobs in newton are the same level as the mobs in Ifrit's cauldron (with the exception of the fact that Newton does not have the variety of NMs that Ifrit's cauldron has, and Newton is a lot smaller area and harder to navigate). I strolled arround Newton as a level 66 WHM and got IT++ not too far into the place.
Anywho - Hope this maps helps the guide.
edit: forgot a word that slightly changed the meaning of a sentance ^^

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: September 30th, 2005, 9:24 am

manaianjo
manaianjo's Reps:
Oh, forgot to mention - if you are fighting people for mining points here... Don't. Simply stand at the corner between the G-9 and H-8 mining points (Corner is the upper left of H-9). You can target both mining points from here and they seem to spawn very fast when a lot of people are running arround this place.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online