newtopic  postreply
 [ 30 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

GUIDE: Ultimate Mining Guide 1.5 : FFXI Submissions

Posted: August 1st, 2005, 12:58 am

intrntrage
intrntrage's Reps:
:!: Mining Guide Volume 1.5 :!:

I created this guide for the purpose to help people become better and more known to mining.. this guide was put together today at 4:30 and ended the project at 8:25 on October 14, 2004... If you have any questions about the guide or more please feel free to email me at intrntrage@gmail.com or AIM me at intrnt rage...

- Contents -
+ I. INTRO
+ II. STARTING OFF
+ III. LOCATIONS
+ IV. TIPS AND HINTS
+ V. UPDATES
+ VI. CREDITS
+ VII. DISCLAMIER

--------- I. INTRO --------

This guide was created to help the new and more familiar faces with mining.. i was coming across new ideas
when i found out that i knew alot more about mining then i thought.. So after the fact that i stopped being lazy
i came up with this guide with useful images and other things to help people become better or learn more about
mining in over more then enough mines...

--------- II. STARTING OFF --------

First off if you need items called Pickaxes these are the main items for miners because they help you get the ores
you can find them in every town from certain people.. below is a list of who you can get them from and where.

WINDURST WATERS
Upih Kachla

UPPER JUENO
Champalpieu

BATSOK MINES
Boytz (misc. shop)

S. SAN D'ORIA
Ostalie

They are usally from begginers with no fame at a cost of 220G so they are kind of expensive for some... At rank 6 or above
you should be able to get the pickaxes for about 180 which is alot more cheaper i guess ^_^;
you can also synthesize of your own which the recipe is below but note you must have level 8 or 9 in blacksmithing

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

1 Fire Crystal
1 Bronze Ingot
1 Maple Lumber

Result: Pickaxe x1.

Well now that you have you pickaxes you can now start to mine yourself and become a miner, inorder to do this
you must be infront of a mining point, usally you can use tab to find this and locate it if your on the computer
when you find one walk up to it open up your menu select your pickaxes and use it untill you run out of them or
the mining point disappears from the area

I'm guessing you want to get the mining gear or called Field Gear in game, if you want you can get them, but im
going to let you know now, it is very expensive for people with hardly any Gil so if you want them wait till you have
enough to buy them below are pictures of the gear. Also please note dont waste your money on workers clothes unless you need the defence because it hardly makes a diffrence on what your mining or not. I've also been informed by Redmaige that the Fieldhose do not give mining results but if you'd like go ahead and get them just for the set but you'll never know because like Remaige said some items have secret additions or it might be a Misprint on it

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Another thing is when your pickaxes break.. yes it sucks but it will happen i'm sure nothing can be done about it either so i suggest you bring about 3-4 stacks of em so you can have enough to last you a while.. if your just beginning and dont have alot of gil then get about 1-2 stacks and then go to Zerhun Mines.. see Locations to know what im talking about...

Being a respectful miner is also important.. so if you see someone at a mining point.. respect them and dont
use the same one they are using and another thing if you both get to it at the same time.. it's ok dont scream at them
share it with them so you wont have any problems.. besides if your lucky he might give you a good ore or something ^_^

--------- III. LOCATIONS --------

Ok below are pretty much most of the locations you can mine at with the aggro monsters contained inside of the cave
or dungeon so that you will be able to know if your able to fight the monster or not... also maps will be able to help you just incase you do not have the map or what not... everything is color coded and will be easier to know what is..
( RARE ) ( VERY RARE ) ( UNCOMMON ) ( COMMON )

ZERUHN MINES

This is the BEST place to start off when your new to mining.. it doesnt have much rewards but if you stay here till
about level 8-10 you can be sure to go to the next mining cave/dungeon in this mine you will find
.....Copper
.....Tin
.....Pebbles
.....Zinc
.....Iron
.....Silver
.....Darksteel

THREATS
Giant Amoeba Lv.3-5 ( resistant to physical attacks. )

PALBROUGH MINES

This is a good place for higher level's with a good amount of mining points.. this mine contains
.....Copper
.....Tin
.....Pebbles
.....Zinc
.....Iron
.....Silver
.....Mythril
.....Platinum

THREATS
Amber Quadav Lv.3-10 ( BLM job, linking. )
Amethyst Quadav Lv.3-10 ( WHM job, linking. )
Young Quadav Lv.3-10 ( WAR job, linking. )
Greater Quadav Lv.11-18 ( DRK job, linking. )
Onyx Quadav Lv.11-18 ( RDM job, linking. )
Veteran Quadav Lv.11-18 ( PLD job, linking. )
Mine Scorpion Lv.14-16 ( Normal Scorpion. )
Scimitar Scorpion Lv.19-21 ( Normal Scorpion. )
Brass Quadav Lv.21-23 ( DRK job, linking. )
Copper Quadav Lv.21-23 ( THF job, linking. )
Old Quadav Lv.21-23 ( WAR job, linking. )

YUGHOTT GROTTO

This is orc mania.. all kinds of aggro with orc's here, you can mine
.....Copper
.....Tin
.....Pebbles
.....Zinc
.....Iron
.....Silver
.....Colored stones
.....Flint stones
.....Darksteel
.....Gold

THREATS
Orcish Grunt Lv.14-18 ( DRG job. Linking. )
Orcish Neckchopper Lv.14-18 ( DRK job. Linking. )
Orcish Stonechucker Lv.14-18 ( RNG job. Linking. )
Orcish Cursemaker Lv.21-23 ( BLM job. Linking. )
Orcish Fighter Lv.21-23 ( WAR job. Linking. )
Orcish Serjeant Lv.21-23 ( PLD job. Linking. )

GUSGEN MINES

ah, the beeeaaauuuttiiifffull aggro yup you guessed it alright, alot of aggro here if you mine here you will get
.....Copper
.....Tin
.....Pebbles
.....Zinc
.....Iron
.....Silver
.....Colored Stones
.....Darksteel
.....Gold

THREATS
Skeleton Warrior Lv.15-17 ( WAR job. Linking. )
Ghoul Lv.20-24. WAR job ( Linking. )
Ghoul Lv.23-27. BLM job ( Linking. )
Bandersnatch Lv.21-24 ( Hound. Linking. )
Wendigo Lv.26-30 ( WAR job. Linking. )
Bogy Lv.27-29 ( Ghost. Linking. )
Jelly Lv.27-29 ( Slime. Linking. )
Amphisbaena Lv.28-30 ( Worm. Linking. )
Spunkie Lv.28-30 ( Bomb. Linking. )
Mauthe Dog Lv.28-31 ( Hound. )
Greater Pugil Lv.29-31 ( Pugil. Linking. )
Wight Lv.29-33 ( BLM job. Linking. )
Wight Lv.31-34 ( WAR job. Linking. )
Myconid Lv.30-32 ( Fungaur. Linking. )
Banshee Lv.31-34 ( Ghost. Linking. )P.
Rancid Ooze Lv.31-34 ( Slime. Linking. )
Gallinipper Lv.32-35 ( Fly. Linking. )
Earth Elemental Lv.33-36 ( Elemental. )
Ghast Lv.33-36 ( BLM job. Linking. )
Feu Follet Lv.35-38 ( Bomb. Linking. )
Foul Meat Lv.43-45 ( Doomed. )

IFRIT'S CAULDRON

consider everything here is aggressive, monster levels range from around
50 to 85 and just GETTING here is going to hell... i mean like super hard.. when or if you get there you can mine

.....Flint Stones
.....Iron
.....Colored Stones
.....Darksteel
.....Iron sand
.....Bomb Ash
.....Bomb Arm
.....Sulfur
.....Adaman
.....Orichalcum

Just remember that this is a war zone and even when your level 75 you can still get owned pretty badly.. i suggest invisible and sneak if you can get it but if you cant then you might beable to use a special thing i call stay low and move fast ^_^ in addition to all the aggressive monsters, there are these things called Flame Spouts that you cannot pass without trading either a water or ice cluster (not sure) The spouts do however, go down for a few seconds... Mining points are extremly hard to find here, but Adaman and Orichalcum ore are so rare and valuable that it may be worth your time to try it out

also i suggest riding a chocobo there and/or brining a subjob BLM Lv.17 so you can warp your !@#$%^&* out -_-; because you WILL loose EXP if you try to walk back out.. trust me on this one

--------- IV. TIPS AND HINTS --------

I bet you want a macro for mining huh to make things easier? well to do this look below

/item "Pickaxe" <t>
/targetnpc "Mining Point"

also be sure to bring alot of pickaxes so you dont run out of them half way gettin good stuff ^_^

--------- V. UPDATES --------

Volume 1.5 - Updated ifrits section and along with color codes for how rare the ore's and things can be.. along with starting off section updated.

Volume 1.0 - Begginning of the guide

--------- VI. CREDITS --------

bahamut0 - Being the best guy ever for helping me out with a lot of things!

Pictures where taken from http://ffxi.allakhazam.com

Maps are from http://www.hi-ho.ne.jp/gulif/ziq_topeng.html

--------- VII. DISCLAMIER --------

Please note that this guide is for helping people get higher and understand things better... Please do not steal any information upon this guide out of respect, if you take anything please give the proper credit to and from me intrntrage

This guide will be updated when new or more information comes to my attention.

I can't post a reply for some reason, says I need to be a premium member to do so...

Last edited by Guest on August 7th, 2005, 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: August 2nd, 2005, 8:15 am

furionstormrage
furionstormrage's Reps:
Just so you guys know, just like to Chocobo skill there is a mineing skill. Using lag you could accually view these skills, but sometime around Christmas 2004 they had successfully fixed it so you couldn't view these hidden skills. I accually viewed mine a couple times before the update, if I knew they would fix it I would have leveled Chocobo the max and mineine somewhat >.>.

Posted: August 2nd, 2005, 8:17 am

readme
readme's Reps:
There is not a mining skill.

Posted: August 2nd, 2005, 8:19 am

furionstormrage
furionstormrage's Reps:
I understand your a mod in training but surely you must acknowedge its existance. Are you saying there is no chocobo skill either? Yes, I am being sirious. I found a site with the old way of viewing the skills and a way to level chocobo digging. I do not know where it is now but it wouldnt be hard to find again >.>

Posted: August 2nd, 2005, 8:37 am

readme
readme's Reps:
Yes, there is a chocobo digging skill, but there is not a mining skill. Before they patched it, you could see there was a digging skill but mining was not there. Also, when your chocobo digging skill goes up, you can notice a difference because the wait between digs is reduced, while if you mine with a new character you'll have the same results as a character that's mined before.

Posted: August 2nd, 2005, 3:43 pm

intrntrage
intrntrage's Reps:
Well like it is stated above, I created this in October of last year, that's almost a year ago, I haven't really played the game in a while I have moved on to different things, this is just to get premium member (hopefully) so if it is acceptable then please grant me prmium otherwise let me know.

Posted: August 3rd, 2005, 3:33 am

asl18fs

Total Posts: 2707
asl18fs's Reps: 1
Lifetime Member (Scripting)
premium
furionstormrage (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Just so you guys know, just like to Chocobo skill there is a mineing skill. Using lag you could accually view these skills, but sometime around Christmas 2004 they had successfully fixed it so you couldn't view these hidden skills. I accually viewed mine a couple times before the update, if I knew they would fix it I would have leveled Chocobo the max and mineine somewhat >.>.
There is no mining skill that you can raise. If there was I'd be mining platinum ore every time by now!

Posted: August 3rd, 2005, 5:55 pm

zetone100
zetone100's Reps:
furionstormrage (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

This was not a glitch or exploit u could view by something like lag,this was a "Present" by SE for Christmas.You could view ur skills indeed,but i dont recall seeying mine skill.
There was allot of diffirent things to see,like how many times u died,how many times u killed mobs etc. :roll:

This was all viewable from a moogle near a Main gate in your City. :wink:

Posted: September 2nd, 2005, 7:29 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
So premium worthy?

Posted: September 2nd, 2005, 8:07 pm

manaianjo
manaianjo's Reps:
I think so - I have been looking for a good "complete" source for mining - and it seems I found it. I would rec premium.

Posted: September 2nd, 2005, 9:06 pm

davidvandamn
davidvandamn's Reps:
Nothing unique or different from most other Mining Guides all available over the net except for the fact that there is maps available with this guide.

Posted: September 2nd, 2005, 9:15 pm

tault_elemex
tault_elemex's Reps:
I say no. Common information.

Posted: September 2nd, 2005, 10:49 pm

lilfisher

Total Posts: 6810
lilfisher's Reps: 63
Tault_elemex (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I say no. Common information.

i concur

Posted: September 3rd, 2005, 4:01 am

alex2001
alex2001's Reps:
I have to agree nothing I have not seen Before!

I did heat the 100% Moon improves your results for minning.

If he said something like minning in ...

You need the minning Gear unless you like losing the pickaxes faster. Also since their is NO MINNING SKILL the gear is all you get as SKILL

ZERUHN MINES Best place for Beginners to LVL very very quickly! Kill small Bats until lvl 2, then kill worms and Bats. Sell the crystals so you can get your pickaxes and gear. Their is another Drop Zeruhn zoot which you can use to raise your fame or sold to help you getting the Gear. Once you have the Gear then you can start minning!

PALBROUGH MINES and the things you can do thier. Like while minning you can Farm the Quadavs that drop Backplates<--Their is a reason why they always sell by the way!) that sell for 1k or more and Fetchis armor which you can sell in AH or NPC to pay for your axes. Also taking a Thieve will give you Silver coins from the higher lvl Quads. I say over LVL 35 is best to start minning here. Another important thing. You will not need a Black Mage warp to get back to Bastock since you can take the boat back: ) I like this place!

YUGHOTT GROTTO Have not really farm here so nothing to say. Anyone suggestions for people would be nice anyone??

GUSGEN MINES I have minned here allot. I would say over LVL 45 to avoid agression. Other than that happy minning I dont hunt anything here.

IFRIT'S CAULDRON LOL over lvl 80 would be nice for this place to avoid death! Only a few jobs can make it in here without spending to much money.

White Mage/Black Mage<-- After lvl 34 for warp and lvl 38 for Yhoat I would say lvl 60. Cast Haste, Pro, Shell, Stoneskin, Blink, aqua. So when you get agress you can escape<--- Cast Warp I mean u can try escape if you want to lol)) same with Blackmage

Black Mage/White Mage<-- High LVLs enough where you can cast Sneak, Stoneskin, and Aqauveil

Ninja/Thieve Use<--- 2hr to get out

Thieve/Ninja Use<--- 2hr and Run with Flee to zone

Remeber that all these job should be High since i have seen Bombs kill lvl 40 with one spell. Also if you Die you will problaly have to heat a Bloodwarp and allot of XP lost. You can try to Raise yourselve but its up to you!

Last edited by Guest on September 3rd, 2005, 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: September 3rd, 2005, 6:23 am

tault_elemex
tault_elemex's Reps:
It's lvl 38 for whm to tele-yhoat. lolx.

Ummm, here is my view for mining in Ifrit.
(Jobs not listed = not suitable for mining in ifrit.)
*All jobs will sub whm other than mage classes. For sneak and invis.

Pros for whm
-Reraise.
-Can sub NIN to avoid bomb aggro.

Thf
-Hide to save your life during bomb aggro.
-Perfect dodge provides time to cast instant warp.
-Flee allows you to escape if zone is near.

Nin
-Tonko avoids bomb aggro.

Rdm
-High lvl = able to solo mobs.
-Refresh = no need to rest for mp.

Bst
-This is Bst's lvling place. So needless to say, it's good.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online