newtopic  postreply
 [ 11 posts ] 
blue large dot

Anyone going to get Hellgate: London? : General Discussion

Posted: September 1st, 2007, 4:21 am

sshaun007
sshaun007's Reps:
Hello everyone,

I recently made a post about what good games are out there, or going to be, and I got a response, and that person (Don't think I'm allowed to use names) introduced me to Hellgate: London.

I got hooked.

I'm almost definitely going to get that game on October 31st. Will anyone else get it?

Posted: September 1st, 2007, 12:45 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 30068
Tault_admin's Reps: 1440
administrator
Mod in Training
Yea that game looks amazing.

Posted: September 1st, 2007, 1:35 pm

kourath

Total Posts: 1982
kourath's Reps: 23
Active User > 50 Posts
Absolutely.

RIP kourath. 5/21/08

Posted: September 1st, 2007, 9:54 pm

sshaun007
sshaun007's Reps:
Forgot to mention this, but Flagship Studios decided to get a little greedy, and added the choice of getting an "Elite" status, which is something you can get from paying Monthly Fees. That ticked me off. Lots of people got ticked off, some saying they wouldn't even buy it. The thing is, people with the Elite Status get much more content, and updates happen to them first. Did I mention no Server Queuing?

Lol, and to get access to the beta, it seems like you have to buy some little doll.

Posted: September 1st, 2007, 10:00 pm

kourath

Active User > 50 Posts
The fee is only around 10 dollars I think. I don't mind paying 10 a month to support a great game. I kind of wish they would have made it all free or all pay though.

RIP kourath. 5/21/08

Posted: September 2nd, 2007, 5:09 am

sshaun007
sshaun007's Reps:
kourath wrote:
The fee is only around 10 dollars I think. I don't mind paying 10 a month to support a great game. I kind of wish they would have made it all free or all pay though.

I believe that's what they were trying to do first, payment like Guild Wars. Purchase the game once, and you can play, with no other fees (Except for internet/electricity etc.)

Like I said, "...Flagship Studios decided to get a little greedy..."

Posted: September 2nd, 2007, 12:35 pm

kourath

Active User > 50 Posts
Oh, yeah. The reason everyone was shitting their pants is because they originally said there would be no monthly fees. I don't know if I'd go as far as saying they got greedy though, there is a lot of fees to keep the game running (employees, maintenance, etc.)

Still, in the end, does that fact that they changed their minds, or that you have the option of paying to play, ruin the game? I personally don't think so.

RIP kourath. 5/21/08

Posted: September 3rd, 2007, 5:25 am

sshaun007
sshaun007's Reps:
kourath wrote:
Oh, yeah. The reason everyone was shitting their pants is because they originally said there would be no monthly fees. I don't know if I'd go as far as saying they got greedy though, there is a lot of fees to keep the game running (employees, maintenance, etc.)

Still, in the end, does that fact that they changed their minds, or that you have the option of paying to play, ruin the game? I personally don't think so.

Hmm, seems like it, I'll have to agree. So you're going to pay for the "Elite" status yeah?

Is anyone else getting the game? If so, please reply, with your opinion on the game. And is the admin getting the game? All he said was it's amazing.

Posted: September 3rd, 2007, 8:54 am

kourath

Active User > 50 Posts
I probably will pay for the extra support. If you work it out, its only a few cents a day. You could probably pay for your subscription just by walking through public places and picking up change, if you really wanted to :D

RIP kourath. 5/21/08

Posted: September 3rd, 2007, 12:12 pm

profudge27
profudge27's Reps:
Yea, My friend plays HellGate: London well the beta of course and I say if you have to make a game mind as well be fee's if its that good becuase games like that are really hard to make and money consuming[/quote]

Posted: September 4th, 2007, 1:09 am

sshaun007
sshaun007's Reps:
If I want Premium I can either:
1. Ask my parents
2. Pick up change on the streets.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online