[ 6 posts ] 
blue large dot

I've rejoined. : General Discussion

Posted: September 11th, 2011, 8:04 am

gamegirl6

Total Posts: 36
gamegirl6's Reps: 34
premium
Heys. I joined here previously around 2009 I think it was, but unfortunately I can't remember my username or what email address I used (I was distrustful so I made a new email account and didn't use my usual info). I'm really miffed that I forget because I think I had a decent amount of points on it. I previously had posted EQ2 submission about making a new EQ2 account using the Recruit-a-Friend program, subbing that new account to give time to your old account, then granting trustee and using the new account to claim items to place in your house, etc.

I stopped playing EQ2 a couple months after that though, and just recently picked it back up. Honestly... I'm not even sure I'll keep playing. It's gotten to be too WoW-like: Too cartoon-y, too ridiculous (wtf, pod-racer/Star Trek Enterprise-like mounts? Kills the FANTASY aspect for me), too simplistic in general.

It started for me when they nerfed crafting repeatedly, first killing the interdependencey of it, then making it so all items had to be pristine - I used to be able to pick up cheap furniture that was a notch or two down from pristine, and when crafting Adepts 3s I only needed to go through a bar, saving time. I think the final blow for me will be these stats changes: They've gone into a one stat one class state-of-mind. STR is no longer for all melee, increasing all physical dmg, now it only benefits fighters. Playing a scout, I used to have to make choices about what I wanted, STR for more DPS, STA for health, WIS for magic resist, AGI for power and dodging... now all that's taken away. AGI is the only stat that benefits my class, along with STA which benefits all classes by giving health and whatever else they changed itt too. It's so off-putting I've done very little adventuring, mostly just gathering, crafting, and doing up my house.

I know it sounds silly but it feels like I've lost two friends: EQ2 and SWG were my two fave MMORPGS; I'd always go back to them when everything else got boring. SWG will be gone in December and EQ2 feels dead to me. EQ2 was my first MMO and I played since 2004. I still, however, play other MMORPGS. I was playing Aion previously, and Rift before that. I'll play SWTOR, and hope that it isn't going to be WoW in space (I loooathe that game.)

I seem to have gone on a rant. Oops. I'll stop now.

Posted: September 12th, 2011, 5:23 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Id look into Guild Wars 2 personally. That game is going to be amazing.

Posted: September 18th, 2011, 1:04 pm

gamegirl6

Total Posts: 36
gamegirl6's Reps: 34
premium
Yeah I've been playing GW just to unlock GW2 stuff lol. They should have had a similar promo with SWG and SWTOR. I don't seen why they needed to shut down SWG :evil:

Posted: September 18th, 2011, 6:50 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
SWG is being taken down due to the trying to complete with wow instead of doing their own thing. Over time it just alienated the audience. If people wanted to play wow they would play wow. SWTOR is basically wow 2.0 so if you like wow you should enjoy this game. The games are also not being done by the same company. GW2 on the other hand is a crazy mix of real time and rpg. Its what swtor should be like in my personal option. Just because its being done by bioware and knight of the old republic is more like GW2 than SWTOR.

Posted: September 19th, 2011, 12:43 am

farts_mcgee2

Total Posts: 4
farts_mcgee2's Reps: 1

Posted: September 19th, 2011, 8:42 am

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
1? Thats not really a reply. Is that a +1 as in you agree to what im saying or something else?

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online