blue large dot

What Can We Do To Make The Site Better? : General Discussion

Posted: December 3rd, 2008, 3:40 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Every once and awhile we like to get use feedback to help us improve TU so here ya go.

What are major ideas you have that can help the site grow?

All replies will grant an extra 100 bucks.

-Keep in mind we do have mmoviper joining us soon :)
-We have the front pages on games changes so you can see more of the new good things. Example (http://www.taultunleashed.com/mmorpg/wa ... e/war.html)

*Only 100 bucks granted for first reply to this topic*

Last edited by Tault_admin on February 12th, 2009, 3:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Posted: December 7th, 2008, 3:44 am

erra

Total Posts: 40
erra's Reps: 0
In my opinion, it shouldn't be possible for guest users to view confirmed forums.

Furthermore, only premium users should be able to view ALL threads in the user submissions forum, regular users should only be able to view their own.

Other than that, I think it's quite all right.

Posted: December 7th, 2008, 11:52 am

onir
onir's Reps:
Add La Tale, >< which i believe is no longer in beta. Other than that, nice information around here.

Have a suggest MMOs to add forum..

Uhhhhhhhh...thats all I can think of.

Posted: December 8th, 2008, 4:07 am

isody12

Total Posts: 6
isody12's Reps: 0
I know this would probably take alot of work but IMO this needs to be done, i have been perusing through the site, checked out most of the games and found that about 95% of the exploits listed are not even close to actual exploits most are just hints and tips, so what i think needs to be done, is move the hints and tips that are under the exploit sections and put them in a Hints and tips section. an exploit is a bug/hole in the game that gives a huge advantage. For instance if you zone into an instance in wow and turn left and you run through a wall which allows you to complete the whole instance Solo, THAT would be an exploit, not ( this is taken from the CoH exploit forums) If you use SS and run through a mob you can use melee to hit him from 75 ft away!! ITS CALLED KITING its not an exploit yet it was confirmed... wtf is up with that? im not tryin to be a troll, and i am not Dissing the people that have posted and gotten confirmed posts, all im saying is Exploits and bugs should be just that.... EXPLOITS AND BUGS not hints and tips.

Posted: December 8th, 2008, 4:25 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Thanks for the feedback guys remember its 100 tu bucks for posting here. As well i made this a global annoucement :)

erra - well we have most games where you can only view your own submission, and we actually made it so you can only see your own submission now. As well we have it so people can see just the titles of the confirmed areas as it helps people to stop posting doubles of exploits they find, as well we dont want to scare people off thinking there is nothing in there, but i can see where you are coming from. Maybe we can do a trial and see what people think.

Onir - Well we have a suggestions forum ill add to the topic title, but as well we are making 2 forums for every game. One just for confirmed working things, and the other one everything else. Aka submissions ect ect. It should help people get what they truly want.

isody12 - I agree with you 100%. However you need to keep in mind we let users vote on things. For example if someone posts in the exploit discussions area that they have something and it gets yay then by all means it worth something to a few. Remember not everyone is a pro. As well if you think something is a tip and not an exploit then tell me on that post and i can always move it and rename it. Remember we want the site to grow always . Finally remember the difference from an exploit and a trick is if the developers knew about it and could nerf that piece of information, would they?

Posted: December 8th, 2008, 7:07 pm

silvio0321
silvio0321's Reps:
Maybe like most of the stuff up-to-date will be nice, for example, if a program no longer works after a patch, then delete it or put something like (out-of-date) after the topic or (no-longer-works) or some kind of symbol, so users don't need to read through it, and at the end realized it doesn't work anymore. Quick question, what's MMOViper?

Posted: December 8th, 2008, 8:16 pm

theunknownsolider

Total Posts: 69
theunknownsolider's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
My suggestion is a trading section where users can trade their TUBucks with each other for things like In-game Money, and other things along those lines.

Posted: December 8th, 2008, 10:10 pm

danzar

Total Posts: 527
danzar's Reps: 7
premium
silvio0321 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
what's MMOViper?

http://www.mmoviper.com/

its a botting program. (for the lack of a better way to say it ) they are connected to our site.

Posted: December 9th, 2008, 5:31 am

isody12

Total Posts: 6
isody12's Reps: 0
I am very sorry if my last post seemed a bit mean, i am a new user and most of you have probably been around since before the first merger :) i do have one quick question... and/or request is it possible to get ingame currency... IE. Gold in WoW, or influence in CoH. from posting on this site... if not thats totally fine, i was just thinking of setting up a kind of Help section or something for the ones that are really far in a game that they can sign up and help out those that are not so far into a game... like for me i have multiple high levels on about half of the games on the site ( believe me i have nooooo life) i do play alot so this so called section of the site would allow me to sign up and if i could when some1 new to a game that i am playing signs up for the site i could transfer them money or what ever Powerlevel something like that when they earned enough TU bucks then that would transfer those TU bucks to my account. or something like that, i tried to make that sound as sensible as possible, and NO im not tryin to milk this forum for TU bucks.

Posted: December 9th, 2008, 5:40 am

nirvana

Total Posts: 62
nirvana's Reps: 1
The Perfectionist
premium
Agreed.. it's been a long time since ive seen useful exploits here, especially for WoW.. need to get the old stuff cleared out as well

Posted: December 9th, 2008, 6:47 am

chuckj

Total Posts: 16
chuckj's Reps: 0
I can think if a couple of things...

First...a more complete set of docs for exhume/xunleashed and a link on the navigation pane that will lead you to them. They are great tools but filling up my favorites with links to posts for references isnt the way to go.

Second...a link on the navigation pane to a downloads page for the significant tools/bots. I dont have a problem finding what i need, but at times it would be nice to just be able to go to a single location and have it all there.
I know there is a section for top downloads..but it leads to forums that typically start with "You need to have xxx installed first..." or something to that effect.
Instead, have it link to a page with just downloads...put the required services/apps at the top and fill in the rest with the scripts/programs. You guys do a great job here, but this is an area that is a bit lacking.

just a thought...

Posted: December 9th, 2008, 7:15 am

erra

Total Posts: 40
erra's Reps: 0
Tault_admin (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Thanks for the feedback guys remember its 100 tu bucks for posting here. As well i made this a global annoucement :)

erra - well we have most games where you can only view your own submission, and we actually made it so you can only see your own submission now. As well we have it so people can see just the titles of the confirmed areas as it helps people to stop posting doubles of exploits they find, as well we dont want to scare people off thinking there is nothing in there, but i can see where you are coming from. Maybe we can do a trial and see what people think.

Onir - Well we have a suggestions forum ill add to the topic title, but as well we are making 2 forums for every game. One just for confirmed working things, and the other one everything else. Aka submissions ect ect. It should help people get what they truly want.

isody12 - I agree with you 100%. However you need to keep in mind we let users vote on things. For example if someone posts in the exploit discussions area that they have something and it gets yay then by all means it worth something to a few. Remember not everyone is a pro. As well if you think something is a tip and not an exploit then tell me on that post and i can always move it and rename it. Remember we want the site to grow always . Finally remember the difference from an exploit and a trick is if the developers knew about it and could nerf that piece of information, would they?

Great, sounds good!

Posted: December 9th, 2008, 11:11 pm

glass40

Total Posts: 63
glass40's Reps: 5
Active User > 50 Posts
I think a video section showing the exploits is an excellent idea (I know that is currently being worked on)... I think maybe a little more organization would help alot. Finding access to files can be a real hassle if you don't know the specific thread they are posted in, so a file section would be wonderful.

Also, I think some kind of contest to encourage people to search for exploits could be a good idea. Whether it is to give a year or lifetime membership for the winner, or a copy of an MMO of your choice or something could be good incentive. I guess in one way the whole site could be considered a contest when it comes to subscriptions, as 1 good exploit gets you a year anyways.

Posted: December 10th, 2008, 5:54 am

rijn

Total Posts: 4
rijn's Reps: 0
1. more straight forward downloading and installation of software

2. better tutorials for the less tech savvy

3. somehow incorporate slutty looking girls into your site

Posted: December 10th, 2008, 6:00 am

ebarana

Total Posts: 280
ebarana's Reps: 6
Million Dollar Member
premium
1. better structure with support and question/answers for each program (it really sucks if you have a problem with programm A, you have to find help under program B that you have to download update C somewhere else)

2. stronly agreee on better installation and requirement guides, easier install programms with included stuff up to date would also help alot

3. support all the stuff (esp. EQ2 section). Good news about things to come on another site doesnt help people who pay now for using stuff - or paid lifetime and find out that with every GU less stuff is working / supported

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online