taultunleashed logoWhat Do You Think We Should Add? : General Discussion - Page 4
newtopic  postreply
 [ 69 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
blue large dot

What Do You Think We Should Add? : General Discussion - Page 4

Posted: January 5th, 2007, 4:09 pm

laretia

Total Posts: 36
laretia's Reps: 0
I'll throw in a vote for DX10/Vista support.... Due to work requirements to test it, I'm down to only one system that can run XU, even though I have two accounts....

Posted: January 10th, 2007, 6:51 am

saereth

Total Posts: 39
saereth's Reps: 0
I'd like to see a section dedicated to 9 dragons possibly seperated into the Acclaim and PW versions since they are slightly different (Acclaim version uses Gameguard etc.)

Posted: January 10th, 2007, 11:24 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
link me to the game again.

Posted: January 11th, 2007, 4:54 am

uberllama
uberllama's Reps:
I think you should add some new staff mabey such as the following..

Signature Staff
Signature staff would make premuim members signatures , and non-premuim would have to use there points towards the signatures. They would also be in charge of Updating the GFX for the site
Event Staff?
Someone to help handle the Events and such , and to create ideas for events[/i]

Posted: January 13th, 2007, 4:36 am

stpain

Total Posts: 606
stpain's Reps: 3
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
UberLlama that would make no sense actually why would anyone pay for a signature. I mean the can go to 1 of the other million sites that do sig request and get it there for nothing :P And you will still have people making sigs for free to non-premmies :S

Been there, done that!

Posted: January 14th, 2007, 4:43 am

rabidsoccerball
rabidsoccerball's Reps:
Hotkey (button) for mods to move threads to trash.

Posted: January 16th, 2007, 5:52 am

uberllama
uberllama's Reps:
stpain (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
UberLlama that would make no sense actually why would anyone pay for a signature. I mean the can go to 1 of the other million sites that do sig request and get it there for nothing :P And you will still have people making sigs for free to non-premmies :S

No... I didnt say pay , I just said premuim members get first hand Signatures and non-premuim have to spend some points on it. but im talking about making some kickass signatures for them.

Posted: January 19th, 2007, 10:14 pm

diunei

Total Posts: 15
diunei's Reps: 0
http://9dragons.acclaim.com/

Posted: February 22nd, 2007, 9:10 pm

fanaddict
fanaddict's Reps:
I would like to see a login field on the home page so I dont have to bookmark a subpage just to get to a login screen :!: (Yes, I know there are other ways to get to it within a few clicks, but i would rather be able to just point my browser directly to the tault.com home page and type in my login info)

please, correct me if i am blind, but on the actual HOME page where the main addy directs to i see no such login option (tho on many other pages its in the black bar next to the tault unleashed title)

Posted: February 22nd, 2007, 9:23 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
fanaddict, try www.taultunleashed.com/phpbb2/login.php

If you are already logged in it will take you to the main forum page.

Posted: February 23rd, 2007, 4:37 pm

fanaddict
fanaddict's Reps:
--edited--
My apologies Wyvern, when I logged in earlier your last sentence to me was not seperated by a line from your signature, it was all one continuous displayed sentence, Now it is clearly a sig seperated by a previously non-displayed and lowered line - but I also recall the forums were displaying a bit funky before I left work today (so probably between 3 and 430 pacific, or whatever the time was on my original reply) and maybe there was a forum issue? (for the longest time I couldn't even get the reply feature to appear, so I had been stewing for about a half hour on you-seemingly- getting on me before it let me post my reply).

That was what fired me up into bothering to reply at all - normally I would have let it drop as someone misunderstanding what I stated- but having that sentence and your signature appear how it was-all one statement- seemed like an uncalled for implied insult towards me when i was just suggesting something, or asking where I was overlooking it beyond what I already knew.

mark one up to the bad combination of events clause

Last edited by Guest on February 23rd, 2007, 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: February 23rd, 2007, 6:32 pm

lilfisher

Total Posts: 6810
lilfisher's Reps: 63
wow you sure showed him :roll:

now if you would look around and see that almost EVERY link on xunleashed and tault link to taultunleashed. xunleashed and tault joined to make taultunleashed. that means that they are mirrors to this site. that means that tault is NOT a main page so there is no need for a login section of there because it will just link back to taultunleashed. look at xunleashed.com and you will see they also do not have the login there.

i find it sad how you made a comment on his SIGNATURE. its not aimed at you but at almost every other topic he posts in. he does mainly tech support or script support. that means that people have problems but usually been answered before.

Last edited by lilfisher on February 23rd, 2007, 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: February 23rd, 2007, 6:43 pm

rabidsoccerball
rabidsoccerball's Reps:
I'd like to add a much needed "lol"

:lol:

We don't have a login page on the taultunleashed.com website like on the homepage a little box, it being tault or xunleashed or taultunleashed is irrelevant he was just trying to make a suggestion.

Posted: February 23rd, 2007, 8:38 pm

kourath

Total Posts: 1979
kourath's Reps: 23
Active User > 50 Posts
fanaddict please get rid of your attitude. I guess someone trying to help you and accidentally making a mistake is just unacceptable to you, because your perfect. Humans are stupid, and you are a human. We all make mistakes, but thats no reason to be a jerk about it.

anywho, I have some suggestions.

1. bring back the "automatically log on each visit" option
Its not that its a nuisance to log on, but its just nicer to go to the page and be logged on.

2. reduce the language filter.
or have to ability to turn it off? sometimes its nice to be able to swear.

3. Have a temp ban option.
A lot of people here don't deserve a permanent ban, but just a temporary one (like a few days)

4. Add a button on the bottom of each post where you can submit someone for a temp ban/perm ban.
This way members could submit someone for a ban if they break the rules.

5. Update the entire forum system.
I'm a member at a lot of other forums and it appears that TU (in comparison) is using an outdated forum system. The others just have a lot of nice options.

6. Provide some web space (like an individual account for each member, not attach option)
an account to each individual member where you can host files such as XML/Downloads? The reason I ask is because a program id like to release soon needs a place where I can host a XML sheet that is pulled at the beginning of each execution. The problem is that Id rather not use a free host because they may go down at any time. Like I said, something kind of like a user account that you can access to upload/manage files.

I have some more ideas, but i cant remember anymore ATM.

RIP kourath. 5/21/08

Posted: February 23rd, 2007, 8:57 pm

lilfisher

Total Posts: 6810
lilfisher's Reps: 63
auto-log in does work, well does for me. i log in maybe once a month.

language filter might be nice but would be a lot of scripting

temp ban is something i have requested a few times. it would help atleast when someone is spamming so a mod can mark them for a temp ban or a preview of all posts to be approved by mod/admin. tault_admin said they might get to work on it later.

this one wouldnt entirely work because some people can band together to get people they hate temp banned

they have diffrent options because they have a diffrent type of the forums running. a newer one would be nice and give a couple of the requested options. be somewhat nice to have the root admins (TA/admin as one) and other people to be admins, super mods, mods, etc

you do have some webspace technicly. the attach option used to have a place where you can check what you uploaded and when it was and how many downloads its had but now its always blank saying "No options available." (its in your profile). its a webspace hosted on the site :o

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online