blue large dot

What Do You Want To See More Of? : General Discussion

Posted: April 8th, 2008, 8:28 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
We are working always to improve the site. Please give us feedback on what you would like to see. Please be very specific.

This is for regular and premium members to post in as well. Examples are:

Guides (what, how, who)
Programs (afk, fishing, auction)
Bots (hunting, helper, etc)
Maps (spawn locations, good exp, etc)
Database (items, characters)
Trade (buying/selling)

Inform us so we can make the site an even better experience for members.

Remember, please be as specific as possible. Include the game as well as a detailed description of what you would like to see or even what you would like to change or get rid of.

Posted: April 12th, 2008, 10:50 am

nick860222
nick860222's Reps:
wow,+u+u~

Posted: April 12th, 2008, 11:43 am

billy99

Total Posts: 57
billy99's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
I would like to see more programs in general, all kinds

Thx

Posted: April 12th, 2008, 2:01 pm

kourath

Total Posts: 1979
kourath's Reps: 23
Active User > 50 Posts
Services that you can use in any language. Many people don't create bots for games because they simply don't understand memory concepts that well, and for games that do have services, its a hassle to have to do it in XU rather than your own language of choice.

RIP kourath. 5/21/08

Posted: April 12th, 2008, 5:44 pm

gceagle
gceagle's Reps:
Specifically:

1. A multiple recipe script for Everquest 2.
2. Exhume needs a GREATLY decreased memory footprint. Trying to run any exhume script is quite cumbersome on a 1 gig ram machine.
3. More organization of the programs and scripts that work. We have some great developers but they are kinda left on thier own to make their offerings easy to find or download.

My 2 cp

Gceagle

Posted: April 12th, 2008, 9:07 pm

kagami
kagami's Reps:
Working programs/bots (Hunting, Synthing, Mining/Farming) for Final Fantasy XI and RF Online if possible.

Posted: April 13th, 2008, 11:37 am

letsgo2u
letsgo2u's Reps:
Docus for bot programmer - i still havent figured out on how to use the XUscript functions to trick directinput into accepting keytrokes.

64bit suppourt!!

Posted: April 13th, 2008, 9:48 pm

kourath

Total Posts: 1979
kourath's Reps: 23
Active User > 50 Posts
requesting a ban on k0olpka1

RIP kourath. 5/21/08

Posted: April 14th, 2008, 1:19 am

gronga2k
gronga2k's Reps:
k0olpka1 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
hi all

No1. Ban the idiot above. 7 or 8 identical posts saying "hi all"? give me a break.

no2 and beyond:
Removal of games that XU doesn't work on. IF XU doesn't support a game, but Exhume does, state it. CLEARLY. I've been in several game forums and no one knows how to get XU to work at all on their game.
Clear communication of what games are being develped for, and which ones are not.
Most of the game sin the forums are dead. No new posts for months at a time. Prune it. We pay for this site, so give us something worth paying for, not drivel thats free anyway.

Posted: April 14th, 2008, 7:27 am

pyrolol

Total Posts: 795
pyrolol's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
Ban, and post deletion^^. Bloody annoying to have to scroll through them all.

Maybe clutter on the main list could be reduced by moving all the less than popular sections and grouping them under "Obscure Games" or something.

Don't prune though, I'd much rather see posts going back years than nothing, there is still occasionally something of interest.

Posted: April 14th, 2008, 2:06 pm

tubotzz

Total Posts: 213
tubotzz's Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
pyrolol (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Don't prune though, I'd much rather see posts going back years than nothing, there is still occasionally something of interest.

Rarely I've been able to solve my own problems since I've encountered the same issue someone ran into years ago and then stated what they did to solve the problem. I'd leave the info as is. But I'd like to see more working programs instead of empty promises that "something is coming soon".

Soon= a week or two, not 5 months

Posted: April 14th, 2008, 5:10 pm

beergeek

Total Posts: 434
beergeek's Reps: 21
premium
I would like to see much more active development of top-knotch bots from Tault, rather than relying on the community, especially since this site has now become a bit more expensive.

I enjoy working on the bots, but I think a little more incentive should be given than points which equate to a 1 year sub. Maybe a second free account to run bots on more than one machine (note this would also help with coding...)

Posted: April 14th, 2008, 5:17 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
nick860222 - What for wow do you want though? If you could pick 2 types of bots what would they be?

billy99 - What games and if you could pick 2 types of bots what would they be?

kourath - Which games and what services? If you could pick 2 types of services what would they be?

gceagle - 1) Is in the works 2) Is in the works 3) We are doing. We already did it to the ffxi section.

kagami - We have all those for ffxi already. Look at our special sections for games.

letsgo2u - What types of bots are you after and which games? If you could pick 2 types of bots what would they be?

tubotzz - what types of programs and which games. If you could pick 2 types of bots what would they be?

beergeek - which games and what types of bots are you mainly interested in? If you could pick 2 types of bots what would they be?

Posted: April 14th, 2008, 5:25 pm

kagami
kagami's Reps:
Huzzah! -scoots off to the FFXI section- Couldn't find them with everything moving everywhere.

/lying was just really being lazy.

But yes the only thing that I can put on the table is a better bot for RF Online since the current one is very glitchy.

Posted: April 14th, 2008, 5:44 pm

beergeek

Total Posts: 434
beergeek's Reps: 21
premium
Tault_admin (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
beergeek - which games and what types of bots are you mainly interested in? If you could pick 2 types of bots what would they be?

Vanguard is my game, so I'd like to see an ultrabot designed specifically for the game. slam666 has done a great job with his eq2UB, and has ported it to VG, but it is quite buggy in vanguard, difficult to get up and running if you don't have a fair programming background (to read the code to figure out how to get it working) and game mechanics are different enough from eq2 to necessitate revamping good portions. I've considered doing some of it myself, but 17,000 lines of code is a bit daunting, especially when you didn't write it :)

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online