taultunleashed logoLevel Requirments. What do you think? : Hero Online Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 21 posts ]  1, 2  Next

Lets talk
Alright, theres lots to think about here! =) 71%  71%  [ 5 ]
Sorry man...just no. (various reasons) 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 7
blue large dot

Level Requirments. What do you think? : Hero Online Discussions

Posted: February 3rd, 2007, 2:00 pm

ryuzaki
ryuzaki's Reps:
Hero online starts off as a fascinating game at first but gradually as time pases you realize that leveling becomes hard and you lose 5% of your EXP when you die. That adds up and it gets annoying. Next when you spawn again, it says 25 seconds to activation, but sometimes it skips 20 seconds and you might have not had enough time to heal and then BAM your dead once again.

Thats harsh but it adds to the challenge. Now i can deal with the above by carrying 350 pots of all types in my inventory and i have a bank to keep my good items while i level. The bad thing is that at about 4Dan is when i personally think the fun starts with the armor and the weapons and all.

I am 2Dan 4thKyu. Right now i'm close to getting my next skill book (cant wait) but after that i need another level just to wear the next class of armor.

My weapon sucks more then the amount of sucking iv done to every lollypop. Next is the fact that, to get a decent bow, you need about 3dan 5kyu (estimated off the top of my head). The skill point system is understandable and i don't hate it.

What do you think? Elaborate on your thought a bit.
Do you like the skill points/skill book layout system?
Is it hard or easy for you to level in this game?
Is it annoying to have to work for so long just so that you can get a barley decent weapon?
What do you think of the amount of experience lost when you die?
Basically, lets criticize this game, break it down and discuss how HO could become better and attract more people. =)

Posted: February 4th, 2007, 10:58 am

catinthebox
catinthebox's Reps:
My biggest gripe is the combat pet system. Your pet starts out with 86% experience and earns approximately 1% every 10 minutes. So if you have no setbacks you are looking at 2 hours and 20 minutes per pet level. If the pet dies it loses 1%, which effectively sets you back another 10 minutes. While your pet can't lose levels from dying, it can fall below the starting XP of 86%. So if you are having a REALLY bad day and you somehow kill your pet 86 times in a row and are back to 0% experience then you are looking at 16 hours and 40 minutes of solid grinding just to level your pet. Plus I think your pet will take a crap on your foot for being such a bad pet owner.

Since the pet levels so slowly in comparison to your hero, eventually you'll end up with a pet unable to stay alive when fighting the mobs you normally fight. At this point, you have to stop leveling your hero and go back to fighting much lower level mobs until you can get your pet strong enough to level with you.

Lets just say I can't wait until I get rid of my stupid wolf and switch to a class mount.

Posted: February 4th, 2007, 12:43 pm

ryuzaki
ryuzaki's Reps:
Hehe, that was funny...

However, if you ARE such a bad pet owner then i think your pets loyalty should become harder to sustain meaning that it will simply run away.

Also, i hope you know that mounts are just fancy armor and cannot attack. Hence the name Mount. And that pisses me off =\

Oh andi never knew about this 10 minute thing...so basically you could leave your pet to level over night, am i right?

Posted: February 4th, 2007, 4:16 pm

catinthebox
catinthebox's Reps:
Well technically it earns experience every 3 minutes, but it comes out to about 1% every 10 minutes.

Posted: February 4th, 2007, 5:50 pm

ryuzaki
ryuzaki's Reps:
so as long as you keep your pet loyal...you could have a easy way of making money if you leveled your pets overnight...and if you where a hunter

Wait, do you have to have them equipped and summoned?

Posted: February 6th, 2007, 10:19 am

catinthebox
catinthebox's Reps:
Pets will not earn XP unless they are summoned.

Posted: February 9th, 2007, 6:35 am

ryuzaki
ryuzaki's Reps:
Mounts are very...horrible...first you cant use specials on them, they only give you a little speed and they don't attack back.

Where as the other pets will attack and help you

Hey if a pet attacks a monster, and you dont attack will you get the exp? So leech from your own pet :D ?

Posted: February 9th, 2007, 7:57 am

cori_tim

Total Posts: 143
cori_tim's Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
I'm not sure if you get exp if you did not attack it, I would think that you do since you own your pet.

But Mounts kicka$$, I love my mount especially when sitting on the couch and letting him grind away.

Posted: February 9th, 2007, 4:50 pm

ryuzaki
ryuzaki's Reps:
i thought he cant attack?

Posted: February 18th, 2007, 7:18 pm

reijekt

Total Posts: 282
reijekt's Reps: 5
Active User > 50 Posts
you do get xp from mobs your pet kills yes. and yes you can also leave your pet lvl'r on over night. but the thing is you would have to use one that uses multiple slots for both hunger as well as health. as with the mine bot, I've made one of thoes. and could make one again but saddly wouldn't be able to test it because I tossed all that when I stopped playing. currently I have an account with about 10m in the bank lol. if you need a bot made lemme know and I'll work something out and help ya out. I would go for premium again but all my bots have been used to make other bots by users that I won't mention. they know who they are. anyway for help just email me at saber85@hotmail.com

Posted: June 12th, 2007, 11:00 am

anonymousm
anonymousm's Reps:
well the whole losing 5% health when u die is not bad because if u are good and u keep alot of pots u shouldnt die
and if u do die then its ur fault and should fight somewhere where ur not gonna get owned

1.the skill point system is good because when u get higher lvl ull be getting a lot more skll points so u just hav to save up and strengthen ur sklls

2. once u get higher lvl its a tad harder to lvl up
but thats why u fight in higher lvl monsters
or u fight in a party which will lvl u up way faster

3. it is because if u were a low lvl character with a really strong weapon then itd ruin the whole point of the game and lvling up and becoming stronger

4. losing 5% exp when u die isnt bad because it could be alot worse
and u shouldnt let urself die then

5. overall i think the game is pretty good if u add it all together
becuase when u lvl up u become stronger and more things open up for u like new weapons, new quests, and new places to fight

Posted: June 13th, 2007, 3:07 am

zhinx
zhinx's Reps:
when losing exp u can restore it tavern, lol

Posted: June 14th, 2007, 1:01 pm

anonymousm
anonymousm's Reps:
yea but thats a new thing that they just put in with the rebirth
but depending on the mount of exp it can cost moer to restore it

Posted: June 16th, 2007, 9:26 pm

zhinx
zhinx's Reps:
oh, i dont know that one...

Posted: June 16th, 2007, 10:58 pm

anonymousm
anonymousm's Reps:
yes
so when u get higher lvl
and u wana restore it if u die alot
it costs alot

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online