taultunleashed logoWriting a Useful News Item : KO News
newtopic  postreply
 [ 4 posts ] 
blue large dot

Writing a Useful News Item : KO News

Posted: March 18th, 2006, 7:49 pm

stigmata
stigmata's Reps:
Well since its latest addition, the KO News thread I feel might be a target for pointless spam. This is due to the fact that, as I am sure, all of us would like to get Tault Unleashed premium in order to receive the latest exploits, macro, etc... I am not going to lie, this thread serves the same purpose so I could get 1000 TU bucks to get premium, because I simply cannot afford the price. Anyhow, at least it shall have some purpose to it, for you cannot simply read this anywhere else. So here goes.

Just as I mentioned in the last words of the previous paragraph, in order to for the news to be of some interest to a reader it should be new, fresh, something a person would not find on the official KO pages. Yet just as well an official news item could be re-summarized (briefly, no copy and paste, in your own words) and redirected to a full length discussion by introducing a 'witty' argument to counter the base idea of the original article. Remember, the News forums have a 'Reply' text box for a reason, and that is for the readers' comments, opinions, Q&A. Don't be shy readers, feel free to express your opinion.

Few suggestions for articles:
-Opinion articles, which should include a description of situation, opinion, proposition (don't make it stupid)
-Reports (Server Wars, Unusual Events), but it better be your own. Don't plagiarize
-Rumors, we all like them. Please indicate the source however and re-write it in your own words.
-New KO Public Tool releases, and KO Tool news. No bragging. And Elsassa is gone, that is old news.

Nevertheless, one should never be primitive in their written works. Make it legit, readable. Here are a few sites:
Online Spell Check: http://www.spellcheck.net/
Online Dictionary: http://www.dictionary.com
Online Thesaurus: http://www.thesaurus.com

In summary, do not make a dead end article, make it your own. If you can't, why bother at all? Contribute, be part of this community.

P.S. Feel free to comment :) Scroll down for a reply box, leave a message.

Posted: March 18th, 2006, 9:46 pm

uberllama
uberllama's Reps:
Very Nice 8/10

Wow I just noticed this quick reply feature O.o

Posted: March 19th, 2006, 12:08 am

aces_high
aces_high's Reps:
i agree, also nice

but i think it would be ok to post things you CAN find on the ko website as long as its something we would be interested in

Posted: March 19th, 2006, 9:19 am

stigmata
stigmata's Reps:
Of course aces, just added your own charm to it so its not so plagiarized ^^

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online