taultunleashed logoNewbie to this type of gaming : Lineage 2 General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 7 posts ] 
blue large dot

Newbie to this type of gaming : Lineage 2 General Discussions

Posted: May 4th, 2004, 5:41 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Total Posts: 10213
Tault_Tault Community's Reps: 16
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I joined this forum to try and learn how to play this type of game, but i am not understanding alot of the talk, i can follow stuff like killing and questing, but some of the nomenclature is not understood.

I have made it to lvl 7 on hindemith with my dark elf fighter,but i do not know how to do anything but fight straight up, but i take alot of hits so can someone tell me how to keep from loosing hp by playing smarter.

sorry for being a dumb newbie :oops:

thanks,

Lokean

Posted: May 4th, 2004, 5:43 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
also if i need to join the premium section to help me i do not have a problem doing that

Lokean :?

Posted: May 4th, 2004, 5:50 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
sure, joining premium is a good idea because it gives u the latest exploits and macros for lineage 2. but you dun HAVE to join to get help for your question lol...
in fact i can help u right now :D

ok... lvl 7 DE. is you're DE going to be an assasin? if so you can also get yourself a bow and some arrows, shoot the monsters by kiting (shoot n run) then maybe finish the monster off with a dagger. If you are pure fighter...there isn't much you can do about it unless u can get better armours. bu t again, if u have enough money, get yourself a short bow or something even if you're going to have pure fighter, cause at low lvls a bow is very helpful :D

another thing u need to know. in L2, often if you want to lvl fast, you hit monstesr which appear green or blue to you (they r more than 3 lvls lower than you). The analogy is this, if you hit monsters which appear white to u (same lvl as you), you gain more exp PER kill, but you're downtime also increases a lot (gotta sit and regen HP). when you kill blue or green monsters, EACH of them will give u less exp, but you're down time is virtually descreased to zero which means u can continuesly kill. The long term exp from killing blue and green monsters is MUCH more than killing monstesr the same lvl as u but taking more dmg and having to constantly rest.

also, u can farm quite a bit of gold from killing light blue and green monsters :D

Posted: May 4th, 2004, 5:59 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
thanks, i have never played computer games before but i bought a new computer and won lineage 2 and city of heroes with 2 month subscription for some contest i signed up for and i am really out of my element, i do have a short bow but made the mistake of buying bone arrows and cannot use them so i had to go kill some wolves and crap to be able to buy wooden arrows, one thing i understand is hit and run, but how do i retarget my opponent, do i just run and then double click on them again, sorry for the ignorance but i want to get the most out of the game because i do like playing it, just not real good at it

lokean

Posted: May 4th, 2004, 6:06 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
congradulations on the contest lol.. u lucky lil #($&#!

anyway, u can run and click on the monster again, but there is better way of doing it. go to your action panel, there is a little icon of a sword (called Attack). click on that and drag it to the quick slot at the side of your screen. for example, if you dragged it to the first position on your quick key bar, first attack the wolf by double clicking it, then run, but now if u want to attack again, just press F1 on your keyboard.

Posted: May 4th, 2004, 6:12 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
i suppose but the cost of the computer more than makes up for the free games, thanks again, i will try that and hopefully i can enjoy the game more than i already am, i have only been playing for 3 days and i am already hooked :D

Lokean

Posted: May 4th, 2004, 6:17 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
hehe anytime bro. enjoy the game!

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online