blue large dot

power leveling guide :) : Lineage 2 General Discussions

Posted: April 25th, 2004, 1:36 am

Tault_Tault Community

Total Posts: 10213
Tault_Tault Community's Reps: 16
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
ok heres how it goes u have a high lvl toon you take your low lvl toon DO NOT GROUP :) u hit a blue mob to get aggro then your low lvl attacks and kills it and gets most of the xp aside from what u get for hitting it :)

i lvled a lvl 1 to 13 in little more than an hour this way

sounds member worthy :) unless u have it already

Posted: April 25th, 2004, 7:52 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
lol every guide has been long and detailed of many many paragraphs. Its a good tip but i personally don't think member worthy :P

Posted: April 26th, 2004, 4:34 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
aww cmon there is not much to pling in this game :((( tell me what u want to know if there is something i didnt get??

help me , help you ?

Posted: April 26th, 2004, 4:45 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
ok long one here goes umm im just going to tell you how i pled my friend who had just started ok

>edit one more thing do not group with the low lvl due to the group xp system of the lineage2 beta it gives little to almost no xp :)
i tried to lvl a lvl 1 while grouped with my 22 warrior and i did all the killing and it got 0xp and 0sp everytime :) i thin kther eis some kind of program etc. to prevent this type of PLing

alright first i took my 23 warrior and walked to Ti and meet up with him after he did his first quest for the world map then i gave him my old brandish in an attempt to make him a bit better and for a lvl 1 it made a big difference now you dont have to give them a new sword
but it did help, anyway i took him to the stone golems and crashers up on the north half of Ti east of elven ruins after he said golems were not dark red anymore we moved on to the giant spiders, hoppers, sting spiders farther north in the same area you get the quest to kill them all for adena
i would say which one i was goin for run up and hit it once or twice now this would bring it down to about 75-80% (bieng it was dark blue to me) and let the lvl 1 beat it till death if the low lvl would get aggro you hit the mob depending on health either killing it or taking back aggro
i let him have the adena aswell he got rich (for a low lvl) real quick we continued non-stop for id say 1hr 20 mins he was lvl 13 and he died a few times :P
but that is the in depth guide to power leveling in lineage2

any further questions?

Last edited by Tault_Tault Community on April 26th, 2004, 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: April 26th, 2004, 4:55 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
good tip, but if you want the low lvl noob to get 100% exp all the time from mobs use a doting class for PLing purposes...

With a basic dot (poison) you can just aggro 10-15 or more mobs, poison all of them. Wait for the mobs the have a sliver of life left, and have the noob finish them: 100% exp for him, since dot dmg doesn't count as dmg for exp gain.

Even sweeter is if the PLing toon has an AoE dot like spell howlers or Orc mages ^^

Posted: April 26th, 2004, 5:33 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
no it doesnt work like that xp is gained by the amount of damage that is done when the low lvl does the killing and taking down its heallth its does get the most of xp you only get what you hit it for

Suppose i didnt mention in the long guide which i will now edit it DO NOT GROUP :) the higher lvl gets all the xp and the low lvl very little

this was done with my fighter even if your method did work can a mage stand theere and take hits long enough for a low lvl to kill something dark red to it? no my method is much better but thank you for the input :)

Posted: April 26th, 2004, 5:40 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Majito, how is your guide better if you got from lv 11 to 13 in a little over an hour whilst the other dude went from 1 to 13 in an hour and 20 min?

Posted: April 26th, 2004, 6:20 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
wow you just confused me i did get a toon from 1 to 13 in 1hr and 20 mins its in m ypost what are you talkin bout?

theres no 11 to 13 unless i made a typo which i doubt :)

Posted: April 26th, 2004, 6:24 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
majito (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
no it doesnt work like that xp is gained by the amount of damage that is done when the low lvl does the killing and taking down its heallth its does get the most of xp you only get what you hit it for

Suppose i didnt mention in the long guide which i will now edit it DO NOT GROUP :) the higher lvl gets all the xp and the low lvl very little

this was done with my fighter even if your method did work can a mage stand theere and take hits long enough for a low lvl to kill something dark red to it? no my method is much better but thank you for the input :)

I just met you and already love your replies :D

Maybe you didn't get what I said...

With your method the noob toon does NOT get 100% of the exp the mob could give, since the high level chars gives it a few wacks in order to keep the aggro. We agree on that, right?

Now here is what I am proposing:

Have a high level mage do the PLing... He can kite a good pack of mobs and poison all of them...

NOW, the low level only has to give one or two shots to finish each mob, instead of 75-80% of the hp in your method... Because the poison will do 99% of the damage.

but poison (dot) damage does not count in the exp distribution.... So the noob char will take 100% of the exp for only having to do 1% of the damage...

Now please, tell me how your method is more efficient than this?

Advantage of yours, you don't need to have a mage with a dot to be able to pl a friend...

Posted: April 26th, 2004, 6:26 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
unless your talking about stels guide which he didnt post a time it took and his was called fast xping and was wrong i made mine wjich a correct one

his said for a lvl 10 to get fast xp

mine is for to power level a lvl 1 to above 10
and this can continue aslong as the mobs are red to the low lvl and low enough for you to take damage without dying

Posted: April 26th, 2004, 6:31 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I am not talking about anybody's guide...

i'm just saying there is a faster method to pling a char from 1 to what ever...

Say the mage friend pling you is level 40, he could easily PL you from 1 to 30...

Posted: April 26th, 2004, 6:39 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
oh hey yeah i agree i uhh replyed to weazels post :)

but i read yours now and yes i suppose that would work exept a lvl 40s poison would easily kill anything on Ti in one hit although u can go anywhere :)

buti went by what i did which is with a fighter and when not in group which is the only way to pl the low lvl has to do most of the damage for xp is given by the damage you did to the mob

but yes i suppose you could do that with a lvl 40 mage fighting something blue to a lvl 1 but the lvl 1 would die in one hit and thats not very effective seeing as doing damage to the mob the low lvl will get the aggro towards the end there fore it will continue to die and lose the xp it just gained

but yes i agree with you :)

Posted: April 26th, 2004, 11:01 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Just to clear things up,

level 40s poison can't kill anything, just like any poison...

it drops the mob HP to 1, so the noob only has to deal 1dmg to each mob to get 100% exp, I don't see how he would die this way hehe

and you can fight dark red for the noob as long as your sure he can deal 1 dmg to it :P

Posted: April 26th, 2004, 4:40 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
ok then my question now would be have you done this heh b/c xp is given by damage done to the mob when not in a group

Posted: April 27th, 2004, 1:40 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
majito (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
ok then my question now would be have you done this heh b/c xp is given by damage done to the mob when not in a group

Yes I tested that... I used a lvl 20 dark wizard's poison and it worked fine.

You are right, exp is given on how much dmg you do when not grouped. Say you do 60% dmg to the mob, you get 60% of the exp.

But dot damage don't count towards the exp :) And it can't kill a mob, only drop it to 1 hp.

So even tho the high level mage char will do 99% of the damage, he will get 0 exp, while the noob, who only did 1 dmg, will get 100% of the exp.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online