taultunleashed logoA Dwarf Guide I wrote for another Forum.. : Lineage 2 Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 2 posts ] 
blue large dot

A Dwarf Guide I wrote for another Forum.. : Lineage 2 Submissions

Posted: May 4th, 2004, 8:07 am

Tault_Tault Community

Total Posts: 10213
Tault_Tault Community's Reps: 16
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I provide content for another L2 forum and this is a dwarf guide I wrote
for them..
It uses BB code which seems to be off on this forum but it looks nice and has a map when the code is enabled..
Thanks
Oph

--- Start Guide ---

[b]Introduction Dwarf Tutorial v1.0[/b]

By Ophidian

[b]First Things To Know About Dwarves:[/b]
1. They are the only ones who can craft.
2. Because they can craft and use Spoil/Sweep, they don't get very many fighting skills. If you are looking for an Uber character to do lots of damage, this isn't it.
3. Dwarves get a LOT of items from Spoil/Sweep and can make a good deal of money selling them.
4. Do NOT buy the craft skill first. It is utterly useless to a newbie.
5. Be weary of scammers. They are abound. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't.
5. Some stuff I forgot, expect it in 1.01 and feel free to post suggestions and I will update

[b]The Dwarf Village Map can be found at [/b]http://www.lineage2.com/images/Knowledge/village/village_dwarf.jpg

[b]Other resources include :[/b] http://lineage.warcry.com

[b]and a pretty good quest guide you can find over at[/b] http://lin2.mmoghell.com/

When you start a new Dwarf character you will appear in the mines just outside of town.

One of the first quests you should do will get you a map for the area surrounding the dwarf and the added bonus of 50 SP. The quest is fairly easy considdering the quest monster is extremely abundant in the starting area. First talk to Miner Maron or Miner Mai in the area where you start the game. Kill Keltirs until you collect 4 Nepitir Fangs in your quest inventory, which is in your normal inventory on a side tab. Give the 4 fangs to Miner Maron or Miner Mai, they will give you a License Of Miner. Take the license to Foreman Laferon on the platform where you start.

You should probably stay killing keltirs in this area till around lvl 4 or 5. At Lvl 5 you will be able to train your first skills. One of the dwarves essential skills is spoil / sweep. These skills are 1100 SP each so you will need a total of 2200 SP by lvl 10. Its good to get these skills RIGHT at level 10 so I would suggest saving your SP from the beggining. As mentioned earlier in the tutorial don't bother with buying craft. The earliest you will want to buy it is if you find a recipe for Arrows in the coal mines somewhat past lvl 10. After lvl 5 you should probably train Weapon and Armor mastery so you can handle monsters more easily.

You want to find Marife 'Redbonnet' (Sound like Red Riding Hood?) who is standing near the north edge of town on your right side by a building. She will want you to kill some black wolves which are fairly abundant if you run north of town. The nice thing about this quest is that it is repeatable and that one of the reward is worth 3000a. The bad part is that 70% of the time or so you won't get the 3000a item. You can keep repeating this quest for a while but around level 8 or 9 you will probably wanna go check out the coal mines. They are to the East of the Dwarf Village across a bridge. Keep following the road and you can't miss it. Train there untill you get level 10 and you can start spoiling and sweeping. If you happen to find a recipe for arrows on one of the Keltirs in the Coal mines. It might be worth learning crafting. Arrows are pretty easy to make because you can get Iron Ore from spoiling the Orcs and Stems from Spoiling the bats, both of which are in the coal mines.

The next quest you will want to do (at level 10) is rather in depth but the reward is a mace that is a very good newbie weapon and is worth around 13k or so if you wanted to sell it. First talk to Collector Gouph in the northwest building of the Dwarven Village. He'll give you Gouph's Contract. Next talk to Trader Reeps in the weapon shop. He'll take the contract and give you Reep's Contract. Next you have to find Carrier Torroco hiding behind the warehouse. He'll trade the contract for some Elven Wine. Talk to Miner Maron in the Dwarf start area. He'll take the wine in trade for Bronp's Dice. Talk to Blacksmith Bronp next He will take the dice and give you Bronp's Contract. Next you will have to go out to the mines and hunt Goblin Brigand Sub Leaders untill you get 10 aquamarine gems and 10 crysoberyl gems. It might be good to get a party member or look for a group hunting sub leaders. It makes it easier. Go back and return all 20 gems and contract to Blacksmith Bronp. He will give you a Gem Box. Then talk to Collector Gouph. He will take the box and give you a Coal Piece. Next talk to Warehouse Keeper Murphrin in the warehouse. He'll take the letter and give you a Berry Tart. Next talk to Warehouse Keeper Airy who is standing in the same room. She will take the tart and give you a Bat Diagram of her lost bat. Next you have to go ALL THE WAY back to the mines and hunt blade bats untill they drop the Star Diamond. Now this is the !@#$%^&* part of the quest because its random when they drop the Star Diamond. Sometimes it will take 100 bats, sometimes it takes 1. I got lucky and got it on my 2nd >=). Next take the Star Diamond all the way back to Collector Gouph. Your reward will be the magnificent Silver Smith Hammer. With this new earned weapon and spoil sweep you are well on your way to making some cash.

Head back to the mines and hunt whatever you feel comfortable fighting. More often than not you will want to upgrade your weapon before your armor. As a dwarf I tend to skip getting bone armor and stick with wood armor untill I can get my hands on a bronze set. The wood armor is nice because it provides a set bonus. It is also very common to use a bow as a dwarf. They provide a good few hits worth of damage before the hand to hand combat starts. Its easiest to put the bow and your weapon and shield on your shortcut bar. Say F1 for Bow, F2 for SilverSmith Mace, F3 for Shield. It makes switching between weapons a breeze and makes you a much more efficient fighter. As far as bows go I would probably just save untill you can afford a hunting bow which sells at store for around 62k. You can find them cheaper from a player generally around 50-60k. [b]Be weary of players trying to rip you off by selling you the wrong bow. This way a very common scam during the open beta.[/b]

Below is the picture of the Dwarf Village thanks to the people over at Lineage2.com
[img]http://www.lineage2.com/images/Knowledge/village/village_dwarf.jpg[/img]

Posted: May 5th, 2004, 7:23 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Total Posts: 10213
Tault_Tault Community's Reps: 16
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
not a very good guide..

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online