blue large dot

A very detailed pet guide : Lineage 2 Submissions

Posted: April 21st, 2004, 5:35 am

Tault_Tault Community

Total Posts: 10213
Tault_Tault Community's Reps: 16
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Here is the longest post I ever made and I guess I got carried away but anyways here is a extremely detailed guide that I made because I cannot play lineage2 now (stupiud comcast internet down) im using my backup dial-up to post this and browse the internet anyways I believe this is also a detailed guide to getting premium as it turns out my other guide wasn't very detailed in certain areas so this should be detailed enough and I haven't seen any pet guides on this site so I decided to make a pet guide so enjoy!

Ok first off... Pets can be obtained in the game Wolves at Level 15 and Dragons at Level 35. Players must be a higher level than the Pet for you to use it You also have to complete a quest to get a collar. *Detailed guide at bottom*

Pets allow for extra storage space for their owners as they have an inventory similar to a player's that a player can access and use. When a pet's weight is 100%, the pet will receive the same weight penalty as player characters.

Pet Tips

Never, ever, bring out a pet without at least one rez scroll in your inventory. You will be unhappy to spend two days questing for your wolf or spending 20K adena to buy one, and lose it because you couldn't rez it in time.

Put Armor on your Pet! Armor is available for ~6-10k Adena from the NPC Martin in Gludin. Weapons for it are even more. Buy what you can, drop it in your pet's inventory, and right click it so it shows glowing edges. You have to right click on the armor EVERY time you summon it. Remember that.

Pets start out extremely weak. You have to be patient and take the time to train it and level it. The best way is for you to basically be its meat shield while you are leveling it at first. Start with Keltirs. Keltirs can kill your wolf in about ten blows if your wolf is not healed. Now, Keltirs are pretty low level, so anything higher is going to take out your wolf in one or two hits. So, start with Keltirs by you initially attacking the Keltir. Let the mob hit you, while you stand there taking the beating, and let your wolf take the Keltir down. Repeat over and over, feeding your wolf a ton of times, and keep doing this until you level it. A pet at the higher level is very useful, you just have to be patient and get it there.

Pet hunger:

Pets get hungy when they are used. When hunger reaches 100%, the pet will automatically leave the owner, becoming a normal mob. You can lower a pet’s hunger by feeding it with pet food.

By giving the pet something to eat, the gauge is restored. If this gauge falls below 50%, then the pet's movement speed and attack power are penalized and if it reaches 0% then the pet is automatically dismissed [owner no longer owns it]. To make a pet eat food, the food after being moved to the pet's inventory must be double-clicked on. Just giving the pet food will not make it eat.

Commands

Click on pet or its name in team menu to bring up available pet commands. You can also map these pet commands to hotkeys.

Pet Commands:

Follow: click once for pets to follow owner, click again to stop the pet from following.

Name: Change pet’s name, can only use once per pet.

Attack: Attack owner’s current target. Pet will return to previous state when fight is over.

Stop: Stops whatever pet is currently doing.

Collect: Pet will pick up nearby items on the ground similar to player’s pick-up action.

Recall: Unsummons the pet and returns it to your inventory (returns to inventory with all its equipment). Cannot use this command if your pet is in a fight, or exceeds 50% hunger.

Dismiss: BE CAREFUL HERE, this Releases the pet from the owner it becomes a normal mob and is released with all its equipment. The pet will become an aggressive mob and could possibly attack you.

Pet Gears:

Pets can have 1 piece of each weapon and armor, accessible through the pet control window.

Similar to player weapon/armor, pet weapon/armor comes in grades, can be fortified, and can use soulshots.

When Pets Die:

Its corpse will decay in 3 minutes.

Will drop whatever equipment it had.

Pets can be resurrected but only by its owner and has to be done before decay. You can use rez scrolls on your pets.

If owner teleports during this time the pets corpse will teleport with him/her.

Misc:

Pets are transferable to another player. For example a Clan Leader that has a Flying Dragon ca transfer it to another Clan Member.

When pets leave their owner either through the dismiss command or from hunger all the equipment on the pet becomes the pets. The pet will become an aggressive mo, and could possibly the owner.

The pet's karma matches its owners. If the owner is in a chaotic the pet will also have be chaotic Also if a pet kills another character, then the pet will make his master chaotic.

When on the boat DO NOT summon your pet. If you do it will not be on the boat but will instead be in the water. I learned this the hard way and turns out it could die I heard people who summon pets never see them again. I tried using an escape scroll on the boat hoping my pet would teleport but it turns out it didn't soI opened up a shop and waited about 3 min and my pet came running back to me lol. I was lucky usually it just dies. SO DO NOT SUMMON YOUR PET ON THE BOAT...

Ummmm.... thats all I can think of about pets right now and well hope this helps you out. If I missed something let me know.

Also pets do NOT suck.... they actually do at first but I have leveled mine alot took lots of time and people who are really committed at getting a pet should only do this cause it got really boring but in the end I think it paid off. If you already have a summon pet in your class I think you should not try this but if your a class who wants a pet in your class and does not want to change classes then you should do this as my pet can solo mobs now 1vs1 lvl 20-25 mobs and survive. It took a LONG time to do and lots of money but in the end its worth it. The upkeep is about as expensive as a summon pet but it can be almost as powerful as a high level summon.

_________________________________________________________________________________

!~! Pet Questions & Answers !~!

I have included all the questions that the pet keeper asks and he asks alot of questions and 1 wrong answer will mean you will have to travel to gludio, dion, and giran again. Its about a 35min trip there and back so do not mess up. I did 2 times before I got it and stumbled across these which is a MUST if your doing the quest.

*Credit goes to www.l2orphus.com for these questions as they made this question database I simply took it off their quest page for easy reference instead of searching for pet question answers*

Q: The pet shall disappear forever if you can't resurrect it within a certain amount of time. What is the maximum amount of time to resurrect a pet?

A: 3 minutes.

Q: The owner can use its pet for many different purposes. Which one of the following is NOT the purpose of a pet use?

A: Send someone to buy items from the village.

Q: Which one among the following does a wolf NOT eat?

A: No response.

Q: Normally, how would a wolf's tail be positioned?

A: Tail is always hanging.

Q: The biological classification of the wolf is 'meat-eating mammal of a dog's family'. Then which animal among the following is NOT a 'meat-eating mammal from a dog's family'?

A: No response.

Q: The following connections are made between the wolves in the Lineage world and their habitats. Which of the following is NOT connected properly?

A: Orcs? black wolf.

Q: The following are descriptions about the wolf. Choose the RIGHT one among the choices.

A: A full-grown wolf weighs less than most adult men.

Q: What should you do to make a pet grow faster?

A: Makes the pet hit monster several times.

Q: There is no exact data on the life span of a wild wolf. Then how long does a wolf in the zoo normally live?

A: 12-15 years

Q: The following are descriptions on the life of a wolf. Choose the WRONG description among the choices.

A: A pregnant wolf makes shelter in a large vacant ground for her babies.

Q: How far (km) can a wolf's scent reach?

A: 2.4 km

Q: [Which wolf leads the pack?]

A: Alpha male.

Q: [What is the wrong description of a wolf's breeding process?]

A: The period of a pregnancy is 9 months.

Q: [What wolf lives 2.5M-10K years ago?]

A: Dire Wolf.

*I am not advertising this site nor am I promoting it I am just giving credit to these questions as I believe it is not right to take their info without giving the proper credit to them *

Posted: April 21st, 2004, 6:39 am

tault_phalanx
tault_phalanx's Reps:
well its ok, some is basic info you get from just doing pet quest and getting a pet.

also, for a detailed pet guide, you should at least give some info on xp.
like how much the pet looses when it dies (1 lvl), if the pet makes your overall xp gain go down by a certain %, etc.

good hunting spots, lvl by lvl, for the pet etc...

Posted: April 21st, 2004, 6:53 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
This was meant for a newbie pet guide to get started with it. I am currently in the process of finding that out myself. I havent leveled my pet really high yet but when I get an idea of where to go and such then I will post it :D

Posted: April 21st, 2004, 3:30 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Cant edit this so... new and improved pet guide in the guide section here is the link. This 1 includes pics and dragons

http://www.tault.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1585

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online