taultunleashed logoFull .ini hacks (window, zoom, and dual clients) : Lineage 2 Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 18 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

Full .ini hacks (window, zoom, and dual clients) : Lineage 2 Submissions

Posted: April 8th, 2004, 6:19 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Total Posts: 10213
Tault_Tault Community's Reps: 16
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Lineage 2 uses a set of encryption to encode there INI files so the average user can not update the info in them. Here in are a number of hacked INI files as well as a tool that you can use to encrypt and decrypt the INI files.

-=**Please Note**=-
1. In no way do I take responsibility for what you do to your system.
2. All the files here in are virus free and work on my system.
3. As with any game file modification back up your original file before overwriting it with a modded/hacked copy!
4. The INI files that I have included are ONLY for the NAOB. They will not work with any other client. Decrypt them to see how this is done if you would like to mod your non-NAOB copy of L2.

-=============-
L2 INI Converter
-=============-
This exe file will allow you to decrypt and encrypt the Lineage 2 INI files. This program only runs in dos mode so some dos experience will be use full when using it.

Overview on l2convert.exe operation.
1. Extract the l2convert.exe file to a directory of your choice. Then copy what ever Lineage 2 INI file you wish to decrypt/encrypt to the same directory.

2. You will now need to open up a command prompt window. This is done by going to run then typing either :
(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):
"cmd" for windows 2000, xp, 2003

or
(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):
"command" for windows 98, 98se, millennium

3. Inside the new command prompt window goto the directory where you decompressed the l2convert.exe file and copyed your INI files to.

4. The way that the l2convert.exe files command like should be used is as follows :

USAGE: l2convert action [output]

ACTION (only one, mandatory):
    -e input file     file to encrypt
    -n input file     file to encrypt (don't add header)
    -d input file     file to decrypt
    -f input file     file to decrypt (force if no header is found)

OUTPUT (optional):
    filename

If output is not given, then enc- or dec- prefix is added to input file.

5. To convert your file use :
l2convert -d l2.ini

This will create the file "dec-l2.ini" which is plain text and can be edited freely.

6. In order to use your edited INI file you will need to re-encrypt it, to do this run :
l2convert -e dec-l2.ini l2.ini

The file will be re-encrypted and have the name changed to "l2.ini" instead of the default "enc-l2.ini". After the file has been encrypted copy it back to the Lineage 2 system directory. And thats it!

http://home.att.net/~otaku4love/tault.com-Lineage2-ini_convert.zip

-=============-
INI files
-=============-
Zoom hack -
This modded INI will allow you to zoom away from your toon more then the game was intended. This is useful in any number of situations. (ex. Seeing all the mobs around you and not just the ones that are close and in front of you. Recording video or taking screen shots. etc)

http://home.att.net/~otaku4love/tault.com-zoom-hack.ini
*zoom-hack.ini will need to be renamed User.ini and placed in your Lineage 2 system directory.

Window Hack
This modded INI will allow you to run the game client in a window. This will work in all resolutions and color depths. As well as using less system recourses. To move to full screen press :
Alt+Ctrl-LeftShift-Enter

To return to a windowed state press:
Alt+H
Alt+Ctrl-LeftShift-Enter

http://home.att.net/~otaku4love/tault.com-window-mod.ini
*window-hack.ini will need to be renamed l2.ini and placed in your Lineage 2 system directory.

-=============-
Running dual clients!
-=============-
**In order to do this you will have to have read and understood the "L2 INI Converter" section. If you have not, please scroll up and read over it.**

These are the steps to take in order to run dual clients. You will have to be using the window hack above, otherwise you can not move between the two sessions and the amount of recourses need will be huge. In order to have this work out you need to have a really strong system.

Lets get started.

1. First thing you need to do is make copys of three files from your Lineage 2 system directory. They are "L2.exe" "l2.ini" and "l2.int".

2. Decrypt the "l2.ini" file so you can edit it (to do this read above about "L2 INI Converter".)

3. Edit the decrypted l2.ini file with your favorite text editor. In the 10th line down you should see a line that reads.
EXEName=l2.exe
Edit this to read
EXEName=l3.exe (or to a name you chose)
and save the file.

4. Now we re-encrypt the edited "l2.ini". (Again via the "L2 INI Converter" section.)

5. At this point we need to change the name of the 3 files we copyed in step one. The name you chance the files to should follow the same name you edited into the "l2.ini" file. (I used "l3.exe" if you look back to step 3) The files should look something like this :
l2.exe ==> l3.exe
l2.ini ==> l3.ini
l2.int ==> l3.int

6. Copy your newly renamed files back to the lineage 2 system directory. Then right click on each exe file (l2.exe & l3.exe). From the pop up menu select "Create Shortcut". Then move the newly created links/shortcuts to your desktop. When you run these 2 file, one after the other you should now have two lineage 2 clients up and running ^^.

Last edited by Tault_Tault Community on April 9th, 2004, 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: April 8th, 2004, 6:23 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
If a Mod or Op would be so kind as to make copys of the files I have linked in this doc and host them on Tault.com. Perhaps under a Premium section or something I would be greatful. Don't want to much trafic thrown at my isp's homepage =p

Enjoy!

Posted: April 8th, 2004, 6:25 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Will running two clients allow you to use the same account to play or do you need another account.

Posted: April 8th, 2004, 6:52 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
You will need 2 accounts to dual box.

Posted: April 8th, 2004, 7:05 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Thanks for the info.

Posted: April 8th, 2004, 7:21 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Email me at admin@tault.com or aim me so we can talk about hosting things.

Posted: April 8th, 2004, 8:05 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
You have mail ^^

Posted: April 8th, 2004, 10:44 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I cant get windowed mode to work. All I have to do is dl the windowed version, and rename it to l2.ini right? Than ig just hit alt+h for it to work?

Posted: April 8th, 2004, 10:56 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
It should start up in windowed mode. Do you perhaps have the game set at the same resolution as your desktop is? The resolution in game should be less then your desktop. If that does not work write back and I'll see what I can come up with. Oh one other thing, you are in the NAOB right?

Posted: April 8th, 2004, 11:41 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I changed my resolution ig and it looked really funny but I got it to work but only got a little square of the game to look at and coudlnt go very far. Also I am in NAOB heh.

Posted: April 8th, 2004, 11:50 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Okie, as im sure you have tried, exit out and then re-enter the game. Sometime it has problems with dropping the resolution, and after restarting everything should be fine.... I hope at least =D

Posted: April 9th, 2004, 11:27 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
It has come to my attention that !@#$%^&*.org is using my content without giving me access to there site. This really sucks as I offered it to them and they said they already had it. I have e-mailed the admin and if does not make with an account I am going to have to block them from the downloads. If this happens there will be a moment of time where the links are down, but they will be up a few hours later. Sorrie if this causes anyone issues.

Posted: April 9th, 2004, 6:18 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
A user of this site must have submited my article to !@#$%^&*.org, !@#$%^&*.org was not at fault and the situation has been resolved.

Posted: April 10th, 2004, 10:18 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
wow, someones not trying to advertise..

Posted: April 11th, 2004, 4:11 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
their admin has an account on this board supposidly. I was talking to one of their members i gamebug was worth it, and he did mentioneed thei radmin has accounts here to rip info.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online