taultunleashed logoL2 Guide: Editing the set.ini file in L2Walker : Lineage 2 Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 1 post ] 
blue large dot

L2 Guide: Editing the set.ini file in L2Walker : Lineage 2 Submissions

Posted: December 28th, 2005, 8:27 am

progre2
progre2's Reps:
Ok, this is only my second tutorial so i'm still getting used to it. In this one, I will try to explain how to edit the set.ini file of the program L2Walker to customize it for your server (original or non-original)

Lets start with a few basics. You open the set.ini file with Notepad. The inside of a normal set.ini file should look somewhat like this:

[DEFAULT]
CountryList=USA
DefaultCountry=0
DefaultServer=0
DefaultCharacter=0
DefaultAccount=slobuffer
DefaultPassWord=
[USA]
LoginServerIP=127.0.0.0
LoginServerPort=5555
ProtocolVersion=530
ServerList=[1]1

Lets say now that, for example, we want to add more countryes to our list. Pretty easy, to add some more, just put [;] symbols between each name of the Country.

Now, this is more for pleasure or personal settings, but if you want, you can set which Country, Server, # Character and Account can be displayed by default when you open your L2Walker, just put the name after the [=] symbol and there you go ;)
I wouldn't advise to store the password as well because in the improbable eventuality of a hacking attack someone could get the password easily ;)

Now we come to the tricky part. The hard thing is to obtain the IP, Port and Protocol Version of the server you are playing on. Well, you do it like this:

Close all the programs that could be connected to the internet. This is very important. Then connect to the server with your C3 client (ingame). After being logged on, press Alt+Tab and go to Start -> Run in Windows.
Type "cmd" in the Run window. A black Dos-like window will appear. Type "netstat" in it and after doing that, the screen should look something like this:

Active Connections

Proto Local Address Foreign Address State
TCP XXXX:XXXX 64.27.7.131:7777 ESTABLISHED
TCP XXXX:XXXX 64.27.7.130:2106 ESTABLISHED

Note: I crossed out my other connections, like the MSN messenger connection, ICQ and other
services. The important thing are the two "Foreign Address" values that have only numbers and
are ESTABLISHED. Now, I cant explain otherwise, just try one of this IPs and the port near them
in your set.ini. Of course, copy them in the right line.

The last option is the number of servers this server with this ip has. Lets assume the server has 3

subservers with three different worlds. The value should look somewhat like this:

ServerList=[1]1;[2]2;[3]3

Im still not sure how to detect the protocol but if you type a number high enough, the server will just

alert you that he is using an older protocol and let you through. :)

The final result should look simmilar to this:

[DEFAULT]
CountryList=USA;Korea;Europe
DefaultCountry=0
DefaultServer=0
DefaultCharacter=0
DefaultAccount=Tault
DefaultPassWord=
[USA]
LoginServerIP=64.27.7.130
LoginServerPort=2160
ProtocolVersion=530
ServerList=[1]1;[2]2;[3]3;
[Korea]
LoginServerIP=
LoginServerPort=
ProtocolVersion=
ServerList=[1]1;[2]2;[3]3;

and so on

This concludes our tutorial on the editing of the set.ini I hope you enjoyed it and that helped you.
Soon I will add the tutorial on how to edit the .ini files of Lineage 2. ;)

PS:

If you want to add another server, just copy/paste the settings of the first one under it and repeat the same process ;)

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online