taultunleashed logoNew Member looking for Month membership : Lineage 2 Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 7 posts ] 
blue large dot

New Member looking for Month membership : Lineage 2 Submissions

Posted: June 4th, 2004, 12:50 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Total Posts: 10213
Tault_Tault Community's Reps: 16
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Below are some character guides I came across that I think are useful. Lets see what your users think though:

[b] Becoming a Silver Ranger [/b]
By: Thom Merrilin

Of all the guides I have read, many are very vague on what the best strategy for leveling and keeping a SR up to date is. This guide is not to be considered “The SR guide” by all means this is just a guide on my experience and knowledge.

First and foremost one thing you should know is that the SR is not for someone who gets bored easily. It is a very tactical character to play. You need to know what you can do the most damage to, and what is the easiest to kite.

Targets

You want to target anything slow moving, such as monsters in the Crawler family, Ghoul family, Lireins family, etc. In other words something slow moving to which you inflict lost of damage.

Do not, I repeat do not attempt any kind of golem. Since they are made of rock your arrows do not do much.

Weapon of choice

You are becoming a ranger so naturally you will need a bow. In my opinion and from what I read, a dagger is definitely not needed.

When you create your character use the starter dagger for a while until you have enough Adena to buy a short bow. I suggest saving up 1000 Adena and buying a Short Bow and a few arrows. After that you want to save about 50,000 for a Hunting Bow , you will use this bow till about level 20. Don't bother buying a Bow it's nothing but a waste of money. At level 20 you should try and get about 450,000 or 500,000 Adena for a Strengthening Bow , this bow will serve you up to level 40. If you are a fortunate player and can afford something pricier I suggest going with the Gastraphetes for it is the mother of all bows up to level 40. After 40 well then the decision is up to you. As for me I will try and get my hands on an Eminence Bow at level 52 and stick to that for the rest of my career until I can get a Soul Bow.

Skills to invest in

Well first and foremost the skills are the most important part of a ranger, so I will make a little table of which skills to get, and which would be most useful.

Defense Aura
Max it.
Decreases damage taken by you.

Power Shot
Max it.
Your first bow skill. MP pricey but it helps in sticky situations.

Attack Aura
Max it.
Extra damage is always nice.

Elemental Heal
Max it.
It's always nice to have something to fall back on. Remember trust no one but yourself.

Bow Mastery
Max it.
Do I really need to even say anything else?

Light Armor Mastery
Max it.
See armor section for more info.

Long Shot
Max it.
The longer of a range you have, the more shoots you can get off before you need to run and re-shoot.

Charm
Max it. ( Optional )
Only get this skill if you plan on Partying a lot.

Accuracy
Max it.
As I said before more damage is always nice. It costs MP even if its passive, but it's well worth it.

Boost Evasion
Max it. ( Optional )
Optional. But I suggest it for those sticky situation when you get aggroed out of nowhere it would be nice to avoid the first hit and run without as much as a scratch.

Bleed
Max it. ( Optional )
Optional, but very useful for PvP as well as PvE.

Cure Bleeding
Max it. ( Optional )
Cheaper then buying bandages all the time. But totally a matter of preference.

Poison Recovery
Max it. ( Optional )
Trust me there are a few nasty monsters out there. Again cheaper then buying antidote. Still completely optional.

Quick Step
Max it.
Makes for easier kiting. I highly recommend it for the solo ranger.

Ultimate Evasion
Max it. ( Optional )
Comes in handy in those sticky situations I keep mentioning.

Critical Chance
Max it.
More damage always better.

Rapid Shot
Max it.
Faster shots, equals more arrows per stop when kiting.

Sprint
Max it. ( Optional )
When cornered and low on HP. RUN!

Esprit
Max it.
Handy for that cocky kiter.

Entangle
Max it. ( Optional )
Again handy for kiting. If the mob moves slower, you get more shots off. This means the mob dies quicker.

Stun Shot
Max it.
Simple it's a bow skill. Get every single on you can they come in handy when the other ones are re-setting themselves.

Double Shot
Max it.
It's a bow skill what else must I say. Name speaks for it self.

Spirit Barrier
Max it. ( Optional )
It's always good to have a little more M.Def; you never know when the mobs going to nail you with a magic attack, and trust me they hurt.

Burst Shot
Max it.
Same reason as any other bow skill, only advantage to this one is extra damage.

(If I failed to mention anything useful do not be shy to point it out I would greatly appreciate any input)

The perfect armor

To be honest, there is no such thing. Armor for a ranger is purely preference related. In my opinion I would stick with light armor. Starting with a set of Wooden Armor because the HP boost bonus helps for the first 20 or so levels, then I would grab anything I can get my hands on that adds to MP. Being an archer consumes an abnormal amount of MP you'd think you're a mage after a while. This is where the Light Armor Mastery comes in handy. Better evasion is always good for the one mob that comes in to close to score a hit. If the mob is a blood red and gets a critical hit on you, you may as well be dead.

Questing and Places to level

There is no certain quest I would do or a certain place I go to level. It's all a matter of the player's choice. Some players like to level in the dungeons while others love leveling out doors.

My advice for leveling is, stick as close as you can to you village for the first 20 levels, this helps for supplies etc.

As far as quests are concerned, I would advise only doing those like Skirmish with the Orcs, Sea of Spores Fever, and Collect Spores (repeat for 2000 adena every time). Just do quests that are worth your time, and will make you some money.

Final Note

Again I say this guide is just my opinion from the research I've done. Some players would disagree with me while others would agree. You do as you please and if this guide helps you make any vise decisions then my goal has been reached, because I do not expect you to follow this guide verbatim, I just wanted to shed some light on the profession which is the Silver Ranger . I thank everyone for their input be it good or bad.

Thom Merrilin

===============================================

[b] Pet Quest (level 15) [/b]

This is the longest and most exhausting quest yet.

1. You start of in Guldin, West of the gatekeeper, against the city wall is a house where Martin, the pet trainer, lives. He asks you to prove that you deserve to own a pet, by killing petslayers. Other spiders might be dropping the quest item, but they are not listed.

For Orcs
------------
2. You head back to your homeland of Elmore to slay the Petslayers; Kasha Spiders, Kasha Hoppers and Kasha Blade Spiders, which can all be found around the Frozen Waterfalls further East. There's a pretty good chance that a Bloody Kasha Fang will drop when you kill one of these. Collect 50 Bloody Kasha Fangs and return to Martin (doing the Gatekeeper quest again lets you port back to Guldin without cost.)

For Dwarves
---------------
2. Ask the gatekeeper for a trip to the northeast coast and go east. There in the Northeast area of the Dwarf Lands hunt for Hunter Tarantulas and Plunder Tarantulas. You will recieve Bloody Tarantula Nails.

For Humans
--------------
2. Around Gludin you will find Giant Spiders, Pokers and Bladers to kill for the 50 Bloody Fangs you need.

For Dark Elves
-----------------
2. Stoppers should be killed for the Bloody claws.

For Elves
-----------
2. Hunt Crimson Spiders, Hook Spiders and Pincer Spiders

3. Martin will tell you that you will need to learn about pets before you can keep one. He will give you a list of people you need to see. Gatekeeper Belladonna of Gludio Castle Town, Guard Metty of Dion Castle Town and Accessory Jeweler Ellie (Elliay) of Giron Castle Town.

4. You depart from the East Gate and follow the road to Gludio or ask the gatekeeper to lighten the travel, for 2900 adena.

5. Once you arrive in Gludio Castle Town, you will find Gatekeeper Belladonna South of the church and North of the East Entrance of the town. Note down what she talked about and head to Dion by taking the South exit, or ask the Gatekeeper to get you there for 4200 adena.

6. Once you arrived in Dion Castle Town, go to the South Exit where Guard Metty will tell you what you need to know. Now head to the East if you dont have time to waste and don't fear some danger. On a certain point is the north path crowded with level 30ish monsters, so you might want to concider taking the longer but absolutely safe Northeast road. Or if you have the adena to spare you can ask another Gatekeeper for 8100 adena.

7. At the final town you need to find Ellie who is in Giran, through the first archway on your right if you enter the West Entrance. She is in the Accessory shop near the weapon and armor shop. Pay attention and head back the same way to Martin. The road is very long and could take you over an hour to get you back. It's a long truip or a very expensive trip.

8. You finally arrive at Guldin again, you're feet are sore and/or your adena bag empty, and there is Martin ready to put you to the test. You need to enter 10 questions correctly in order to pass the test! When you miss you have to do the entire trip over again, so overcome your pride and ask other people if you do not know the correct answer, because you do NOT want to head to Giran and back again!

9. The questions are random and are picked from a selection of questions. Here is a collection of questions and answers, use them properly!

Q: How far (km) can a wolf's scent reach?
A: 2.4 km

Q: Normally, how would a wolf's tail be positioned?
A: Tail is always hanging.

Q: The biological classification of the wolf is 'meat-eating mammal of a dog's family'. Then which animal among the following is NOT a 'meat-eating mammal from a dog's family'?
A: No response.

Q: The following are descriptions about the wolf. Choose the RIGHT one among the choices.
A: A full-grown wolf weighs less than most adult men.

Q: The following are descriptions on the life of a wolf. Choose the WRONG description among the choices.
A: A pregnant wolf makes shelter in a large vacant ground for her babies.

Q: The following connections are made between the wolves in the Lineage world and their habitats. Which of the following is NOT connected properly?
A: Orcs? black wolf.

Q: The owner can use its pet for many different purposes. Which one of the following is NOT the purpose of a pet use?
A: Send someone to buy items from the village.

Q: The pet shall disappear forever if you can't resurrect it within a certain amount of time. What is the maximum amount of time to resurrect a pet?
A: 3 minutes.

Q: There is no exact data on the life span of a wild wolf. Then how long does a wolf in the zoo normally live?
A: 12-15 years

Q: What should you do to make a pet grow faster?
A: Makes the pet hit monster several times.

Q: Which one among the following does a wolf NOT eat?
A: No response.

Q: Which wolf lived 25.000.000 to 10.000 years ago?
A: Dire wolf

Q: Who leads wolf pack
A: Male

Q: What is the wrong description of a wolf's breeding process?
A: The period of a pregnancy is 9 months.

Congratulations you have completed the wolf pet quest. Don't forget to feed your pet, the green bar will need to be filled up from time to time. You can name your pet in the pet command window which can be accessed by talking to your wolf. when you dont use the pet you can make him return to his collar.

By Derby-Q Salano

The following are links to special features which are called "Armor Chooser" and "Mp/Hp Stats (on a level basis)"

[url] http://lin.warcry.com/index.php/content ... hooser.php
http://lin.warcry.com/index.php/content ... /stats.php

[/url][color=orange][/color]

Please contact me at L2amp4ge_@hotmail.com if this information is of any help to your prem. members. Thank you, Erik Lazzaro

Posted: June 4th, 2004, 1:12 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Please don't copy and paste from other sites thanks..

Posted: June 4th, 2004, 2:06 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I like how you intergrated the Copypaste command with Tault, im quite amazed with this skill... :wink:

Posted: June 5th, 2004, 4:22 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I had permission by one of the moderators that it was alright to paste another URL in my submission consdering it was not a text-based entry. :roll:

Posted: June 5th, 2004, 7:38 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
faggat copy and paster

Posted: June 8th, 2004, 7:59 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
epyon672 what are you 13 years old?..thats uncalled for..i dont like copy and pasting either...but really name calling is childish

Posted: June 8th, 2004, 8:10 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
guyz take it easy =)

al1as, we appreciated ur effort to provide us with the info, but tault tenn to only accept submissions that are original.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online