taultunleashed logoLOTRO Exploits - Pathing Exploit Ore Trails : LOTRO - Exploits - Page 2
newtopic  postreply
 [ 39 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
blue large dot

LOTRO Exploits - Pathing Exploit Ore Trails : LOTRO - Exploits - Page 2

Posted: May 29th, 2007, 7:46 am

hardsell

Total Posts: 703
hardsell's Reps: 1487
premium
The north downs is the best spot for rich iron ore, gold ore, and yew branches.

In the rectangles are the ore and wood.

The ellipse is a good spot for reg wargs.

The star is a good spot for dire wargs and the rauta-lehma.

The zone is easy to work if you are in late twenties or early thirties, because there are numerous quests to help kill time and earn some exp while you farm ore. (edit) On peak times or weekends a lower level (that can take at least a few heavy hits) can work the nodes being prepared to flee. Most of the people in the zone after 26-7 hours observing in two days did not bother with the nodes, but being fellowed for quests on the weekend/holiday to do quests, they might have if they were soloing.

The zone is mostly different types of hoar-mantle out of the 9 types that I saw only 3 ever argoed on me. Everything else will argo on you, wargs, rauta-lehmas, and skittering spiders. If you encounter spiders you have gotten to the edge of the ore zone and should go back.

At one time I had 6 quests which had wargs in them, at one point one warg kill gave credit on three different quests. Another time I had to pick flowers and using the randomness of just going from ore node to ore node helped find them.

In two days I collected 7 stacks of rich iron ore, 2 1/2 stacks of gold ore, and 4 stacks of yew wood while going from 28 to 30 solo just on grinding and quests in the area of the farming.

(edit) The rauta-lehmas drop adamants and purple pages of dunedain the pages very often, adamants about 1 out of 7/8 kills.

Out side the boundaries of the rectangles you may encounter annoying bats, level 35 hillmen, and camps of rauta-lehma, the road at the bottom helps define the end of the "safe" area.

hardsell

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by hardsell on May 29th, 2007, 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: May 29th, 2007, 8:36 am

mvrphy
mvrphy's Reps:
Aye good spot. You mind if i add your area into my next update of the north downs? i will add the exact ore locations and praise to you obviously.

Posted: May 29th, 2007, 1:38 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can premium members say yay or nay to this being moved to a confirmed section.

Posted: May 29th, 2007, 1:44 pm

Tault_nefarious403

Total Posts: 32
Tault_nefarious403's Reps: 3
premium
I say yay, but we definitely need it to be expanded upon.

Posted: May 29th, 2007, 1:56 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
500 to you and moved to confirmed.

Posted: May 29th, 2007, 5:42 pm

redmap
redmap's Reps:
Shouldn't this be under the guides section? It's not an exploit. It's a map of where the nodes are intended to spawn. A Pathing Exploit is an exploit in the path a mob follows that let's you hit them without them being able to hit you.

Posted: May 30th, 2007, 4:22 am

mvrphy
mvrphy's Reps:
500 to who??

Posted: May 30th, 2007, 10:45 am

antareus

Total Posts: 297
antareus's Reps: 11
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
mvrphy (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
500 to who??

To the person who started the thread.

Posted: May 31st, 2007, 7:17 pm

hardsell

Total Posts: 703
hardsell's Reps: 1487
premium
While getting me wis +6 in misty mountains (at 31), running totally nekkid over the hills, my cod piece slapping against me ankles, the thick hair on me cheat and back rippling in the wind (I'm a dwarf) but a penny pinching dwarf. Being nekkid meant virtually no repair costs cept my mining and foresters equipment

I got killed LOTS! Getting random tips from passerbys wasn't helping

so I went to mehq maps but no go my map was fuller than theres:)
went to arda saw pretty much where I needed to go by using info from alky that listed where the place was and using the maps at mmodb which had the ability to show E and W and S most only give you W & S as you move your cursor

but noticed with playing with filters at each site you can see all the nodes and objects in each zone so map making really isnt needed

http://lotro.mmodb.com/zones/north-downs-47.php

http://www.arda-online.com/map/

play with the filters and you'll see what I mean all the info is already at these map sites

hardsell

Posted: June 1st, 2007, 3:48 pm

mvrphy
mvrphy's Reps:
If you look at the top contributer on Arda you will see And3h. Which is also my alias... so this is my own work.. plotting every node on the arda map.

Posted: June 1st, 2007, 3:49 pm

mvrphy
mvrphy's Reps:
antareus (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
mvrphy (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
500 to who??

lol i started the thread... but the 500 went to Hardsell who was only at the top of the second page :)

Posted: June 1st, 2007, 4:23 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
o whoops yea i just fixed that.

Posted: June 2nd, 2007, 1:35 am

antareus

Total Posts: 297
antareus's Reps: 11
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
antareus (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
500 to who??

lol i started the thread... but the 500 went to Hardsell who was only at the top of the second page :)

Whops totally missed that too lol.

Posted: June 2nd, 2007, 1:54 pm

tault_razorwing

Total Posts: 196
tault_razorwing's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
500 to who??

Whops totally missed that too lol.

lol, i think mvrphy should get double now for the mistake and stress :P

Posted: June 2nd, 2007, 8:16 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
I can give him 104 tu bucks from another member :-p

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online