taultunleashed logoLOTRExtreme Scripting Service Relesed!!! : LOTRO - Discussions - Page 2
newtopic  postreply
 [ 25 posts ]  Previous  1, 2
blue large dot

LOTRExtreme Scripting Service Relesed!!! : LOTRO - Discussions - Page 2

Posted: April 23rd, 2007, 3:05 pm

nicoli_s
nicoli_s's Reps:
Any News?

Posted: April 23rd, 2007, 4:04 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
Yep, just need player HP. I dont have mob levels yet, but you dont really need it for a simple hunter bot. Also still need to find aggro and claim flags too, but those will hve to wait for after the first release.

Posted: April 26th, 2007, 11:28 am

tault_razorwing

Total Posts: 196
tault_razorwing's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
Not sure if this is the right area to talk about this but i was wondering if there was any way of combining the features extreme scripting service provides with that of visual basic. Would it be possible to compile a lib so people who would like to develop more complex bots than AutoIT and LOTROextreme which the more advance functions that visual basic can provide.

I am very good with programming in Visual Basic and would like to develop my own bot which possible could make calls to the LOTROextreme for example get status of players HP etc...process them within Visual Basic and process results accordinly for example produce a graph of xp gained hourly or daily, mobs killed per an hour etc...although some of this can be done within LOTROextreme script service, only certain function and advance functions like the one mentioned previously is only possible within Visual Basic.

If possible, perhaps to a certain few keep bot developers, you may offer a restricted access to how extreme works or ways i could work with both extreme and visual basic (not visual basic script as such) in order to develop a more advance bot than what you would typically find using visual basic scripts.

Let me know what you think.

RazorWing

Posted: April 26th, 2007, 11:37 am

wyvernx

administrator
premium
Yes any COM supported language will be able to access the LOTRExtreme service. It will have a wrapper dll that can be included in any visual studio project.

That said, even your example can all be done in script. The XUM client is very powerful and can do your graphing example.

Posted: April 26th, 2007, 11:52 am

tault_razorwing

Active User > 50 Posts
Yeh maybe graphs was a poor example but it was one off the top of my head. Ok thank you for clearing that up for me, i will look into development of a bot based on LOTRO extreme.

Posted: April 27th, 2007, 12:35 am

wyvernx

administrator
premium
Ok update. Good news is I finally found the Player HP. Its not a stable loc, but it should be hopefully good enough for this beta.

Now I do have a query. I am writing alot of these services and have never asked for anything from the community. I was thinking about charging a small fee to use this service. It would help not only keep me motivated, but also add a little spending money. I'm broke, lol. Anyway, I was going to ask for your input. As far as costs. Suggestions?

PS i'm going to have the beta up tomorrow. I have enough info for a first release. I should have a simple hunting bot out with it.. but it will be very simple.. like thenecro bot I put out for VG. Basically go to point 1, kill anything in range, then go to point 2, and repeat.

Also I have modified the radar script so that it works with lotro also, that will also be included as the default script when you open lotroextreme.

Posted: April 27th, 2007, 7:45 am

nicoli_s
nicoli_s's Reps:
is this going to be a service we can modify? or is it only going to be a hunter bot?

Posted: April 27th, 2007, 12:10 pm

antareus

Total Posts: 297
antareus's Reps: 11
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Although I see why you would want to get paid, but paying extra for something that many if not most people on this site have already paid to get (Bots, exploits, guides etc...) when they purchased an account for this site is not something most people are willing to do.

Also atm Exhune and Vgexhume or both still only editing programs, programs which require programmers to take full advantage of it. I've noticed that many people pay for sites like taultunleashed inorder to get premade bots that require little if any self coding.

What I'm trying to say is yes exhume is good and all, but I don't think it would be a service that I'd pay extra for, seeing as it's part of taultunleashes subscribtion.

On the other hand, maybe you should get some sort of cut from tault_admin if you arnt already? The way I see it, exhume is a big part of the TaultUnleash programming front and it would be a shame to loose someone with your programing skills.So maybe ask him nicely to get you hired as a programmer or something, I can't say what tault admin will think (as I rarely talk to that guy), but if I was admin I'd definantly let you in on the cut if I knew it would help out the site.

-Antareus

Posted: April 29th, 2007, 10:22 am

tault_razorwing

Active User > 50 Posts
I do agree with antareus a bit, but i also agree with wyvern, but from are point of view, we are already paying for the game subscription and the subscription to this site and asking for more money is a bit much.

Maybe get a job or cut back on spending to increase your money in your pocket lol. Maybe if it was a fully botable bot then i would probly hand my money over but as antareus said, its just a script editor atm, not even a real bot.

Posted: April 30th, 2007, 4:56 am

wyvernx

administrator
premium
Locked. Head over to the lotroextreme.com forums for the download link.

Its released!

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online