taultunleashed logoBring back the download section : Site and Program Suggestions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 20 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

Bring back the download section : Site and Program Suggestions

Posted: July 9th, 2005, 5:33 pm

devestator

Total Posts: 64
devestator's Reps: 2
Lifetime Member (Scripting)
premium
I think you should bring the download section back. One central place to go and find all downloads. I dont like the having to go to the forums then find the forum that files are uploaded in.

I mean if you want posts in a particular forum for downloads just make the download section automatically create a post in the designated forum (This means you'd have it set so each category is assigned a specific forum)

Just my 2 cents and would make finding files way easier than the way it is now.

Posted: July 9th, 2005, 7:02 pm

Admin

Total Posts: 1168
Admin's Reps: 4
administrator
premium
We are working on a similar solution that will display all attached files in a nice layout on one page. It will be very similar to the old download page.

We are still fine tuning how files are to be uploaded. For now, please put all uploads in the submission areas for each game.

Posted: July 11th, 2005, 2:45 pm

dethbcomsu
dethbcomsu's Reps:
I personally like easyuo's layout on scripts

Posted: October 28th, 2005, 9:07 am

andrew_haigh
andrew_haigh's Reps:
fine-tuning takes a year and a half?

I'd like to see a dedicated download area with the scripts and plugins for each game in their own area so there is one central location to go and hunt.

Hell, I'd like to see a bit more than disused forums and a clunky piece of code for my subscription. There is precious little documentation, almost no scripts or plugins to be found, and little support for the two games I bought the subscription for (eve-online and guildwars). Your blurb makes this site sound like the be-all and end-all of mmorpg support sites, but I have yet to see a real return on my investment yet

Posted: October 28th, 2005, 1:15 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Year and a half? That was back in jul. So aug sept oct which is 3 months. WE have been working on multiple projects as well. Download database is on our list but some other things. AKA allowing people to join without having to use paypal. A new xunleashed interface. More user friendly features for forum searching. Those came above. Then its download section time :)

Posted: October 29th, 2005, 6:36 am

andrew_haigh
andrew_haigh's Reps:
So I misread the post date wrong, sue me.

As for all your nice little touchy-feely ways of allowing people to sign up easier, skins, and search facilities, one would think that the PRIMARY concern would be to actually get the important things done first (of course being able to more easily seperate a punters money from his pocket is important to YOU, it isn't the reason people actually pay to join the site for.

If situations were reversed I'd be more concerned with releasing functionalty that actually functions to the best interest of the user community, IE: a centralized download section containing all the plugins, scripts, add-ons, etc for the piece of software that you are selling along with the site subscription.

so far you may colour me underwhelmed

/tuppence

Posted: October 29th, 2005, 7:43 am

mfaiola

Total Posts: 48
mfaiola's Reps: 0
Yes, you're going to make it credit debit enabled, but when people get here like me they will be left without a clue and it'll take them a week to figure out how to use anything. But wait now it seems to all be down with false statments of where we can downlaod things. you guys are sucky at owning a company.

Posted: October 31st, 2005, 9:27 am

lethal

Total Posts: 1352
lethal's Reps: 0
Lifetime Member (Guides)
BRING BACK THE SECTION :lol: * I dont even use XU :o *

Last edited by lethal on November 2nd, 2005, 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: October 31st, 2005, 10:15 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
lol year and a half its been 3 months. Haha.

Posted: November 1st, 2005, 1:45 am

stpain

Total Posts: 606
stpain's Reps: 3
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
LEthal they didnt mean a dwnload system for warez etc...

they mean a download system for they scripts and plugins etc... for XU ;)

and you guys dont be suchs asses i would like to see your guys making something like this ??

Been there, done that!

Posted: November 1st, 2005, 11:41 am

deadlyblowfish

Total Posts: 731
deadlyblowfish's Reps: 4
stpain (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
i would like to see your guys making something like this ??

Aye, the film might win best comedy oscar.

Posted: November 2nd, 2005, 8:35 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
More user friendly features for forum searching

IMO that would be last on the list, the users being able to get to the plug-ins/scripts or whatever should IMO be even above the new interface. I mean a new interface doesn't mean squat if you can't find the the stuff to plug into it.

Now over the "last 3 months" I have become use to this extreamly sumbercum method of updates,ect but it is EXTREAMLY "GAN" IMO and should have been delt with back when everyone complained to you of how much a pain in the butt it was.

IMO the interface is fine, I see it all of about 2 min. then my bot is up and running and I am off away from my puter. I am sure there are maint. issues that you need to do ect and figure you could update it at the same time but how many people do you get complaining that the interface needs updated compared to "I can't find the plug-in".?

Oh well I realise everyone has their own priority concerning this but the current method is still wack and it would have been nice if someone would look at it.

Just my 2 cents.....

Loraik

Posted: November 2nd, 2005, 7:30 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Well anyways haha download section is done. Moving files to it as we speak expect to see it opened up in the next few days.

Posted: November 3rd, 2005, 4:01 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
Much app. Admin, however I like to complain sometimes (at certain times of the month (my way at getting back at the ladies) so look for me to give ya shyte somewhere else now!).

Loraik

Posted: November 3rd, 2005, 8:45 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
HAHA.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online