taultunleashed logoSome things that should be fixed and or changed. : Site and Program Suggestions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 5 posts ] 
blue large dot

Some things that should be fixed and or changed. : Site and Program Suggestions

Posted: July 20th, 2007, 10:01 pm

davidvandamn
davidvandamn's Reps:
(Just a side note I only used XU for FFXI so I am not too sure how the other games/forums are.)

No clue if you remember me but I use to be a member of Xunleashed. Thought I would check this out again but I am sadly not impressed. A few things I do not like is the use of Users giving out subscriptions as this is being abused and it easy to see by looking at a majority of the guides being accepted. I am just a fan of quality over quantity. And yes I understand that more might seem better to get new members, it just totally hurts the overall site in my opinion.

Also a lot of the post have really just let go. It seems that a majority of them are full with "this is broken" and "how do I work this". I just read over 30 something pages trying to find some more info on some changes and found it around page 28. That should never have to happen.

I was kind of mad at myself because I deleted XU and all the scripts I was using a long time ago. I wish I posted all the scripts I made for stuff like XUFish. I realized no one post any scripts they use other than the main ones like say XUFish. Maybe if you gave out special points or bucks whatever they are to people who give out their full scripts. Like for instance I had a script that would fish on the ferry in FFXI for me. It was extremely complicated and complex but it would have helped out many users and possibly help them understand the coding a bit better.

Posted: July 21st, 2007, 2:01 pm

kourath

Total Posts: 1979
kourath's Reps: 23
Active User > 50 Posts
davidvandamn (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
No clue if you remember me but I use to be a member of Xunleashed. Thought I would check this out again but I am sadly not impressed. A few things I do not like is the use of Users giving out subscriptions as this is being abused and it easy to see by looking at a majority of the guides being accepted. I am just a fan of quality over quantity. And yes I understand that more might seem better to get new members, it just totally hurts the overall site in my opinion.

Also a lot of the post have really just let go. It seems that a majority of them are full with "this is broken" and "how do I work this". I just read over 30 something pages trying to find some more info on some changes and found it around page 28. That should never have to happen.

Both of those issues correlate to the own users knowledge level, which is impossible to raise, because a majority of the members here have no brain stems. I'm serious.

On a side note, I agree with you in some respects.

RIP kourath. 5/21/08

Last edited by kourath on July 23rd, 2007, 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: July 21st, 2007, 4:26 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
We do give out points for that. Share enough and you also get a lifetime membership :)

Posted: July 21st, 2007, 4:33 pm

davidvandamn
davidvandamn's Reps:
Yeah I shared more than enough back in the day without asking for anything or getting anything called points or bucks. I did it because other members were helpful, sadly its not the case here anymore.

Posted: July 21st, 2007, 5:41 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Yea i wish it could be different but the majority of the time people just want to leech and not help. So what we did is give them rewards for their help like free items ect ect. I mean you personally have a good amount of time for all your help. Also if you want link me to your stuff so i can give you extra tu bucks.

I wish it was different but a lot of people just want to take and not give which sucks :(. Hence we charge because that way we can hire programmers to pay to improve things.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online