taultunleashed logoSWG Cheats - A different way to quickly level a combat toon. : Star Wars Galaxies Exploits - Page 2 tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 36 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
blue large dot

SWG Cheats - A different way to quickly level a combat toon. : Star Wars Galaxies Exploits - Page 2

Posted: June 7th, 2008, 10:19 am

darkened
darkened's Reps:
Here is an example of what your Quest Journal should look like:

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Posted: July 1st, 2008, 4:24 am

diraven

Total Posts: 55
diraven's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Here is the problem I experienced with this method. Tested a couple of times.

Yes you can use the lil trick here to grind up your ent to 90 in about 3 hours. Put on a nice suit of armor and snag your favorite knuckler and go to down. You do the entire legacy quest with ease then respec to your chosen combat profession

You open your journal, sort the quests in order by level, and then turn them all in. Do it in your house or near a bank so you can drop off all that loot.

Here is the problem. about 30% of the xp you gain from legacy comes from the killing. The actual level of the mobs is in the 40s. I think certain spiders at the end were level 46. When you turn in all of your quests you only get to about level 44 or so. This includes doing all of the lil side quests with legacy. I don't know if manually grinding your toon to level 10 before turning in you quests would help. The first mission you turn in is a level 11 (the level 1 missions give no xp).

While this helps get you to the 40s you are stuck in a small hole between content. Your done with legacy but your still too low to really get much out of Kashyyk. You may get stuck doing the 10 term missions per day to get you to kash or meatlump themepark levels.

Its a good idea, but quests from legacy alone have not reaped a level 54 toon (44 max) once out of 4 of us doing it. Again, maybe manually grinding to 10 first may help boost the level award. Keep in mind that the quest xp payout sometimes gets adjusted to your level. Like if you turn in a mustafar quest as a level 30, you will get a smaller payout.

Posted: July 10th, 2008, 10:50 am

griimz
griimz's Reps:
darkened (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
nsit2003 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
So the original poster ran legacy to LVL 54 on combat 90 ent, then respecced to a combat profession, which meant he got upto LVL 54 on say a COMMANDO, Officer, Jedi, Spy, BH, Medic after doing the technique?

Correct, after completing Legacy and respeccing to a Combat Profession, the OP then Completed all saved quests in the Journal (by clicking the quest, and then completing it as a combat profession instead of the ent).

Thus, going from 5 to 54 in a matter of a few minutes, its not effortless, but its a hell of alot quicker than just doing it the standard way. And as a bonus you have Ent leveled on the same characters as your Combat Character, thats always convenient.

I've done two characters like this in the last few days, and it has been very successful, worth mentioning that it is not an exploit though, this is known to the developers and is an accepted way of using the Entertainer profession, as the Legacy quest chain is designed to save quests and continue the chain differently than other ingame mechanics for missions and quests.

I am experimenting to see what quests besides legacy work with this method as well.

Could prob do the non-thread or first tier thread musty missions, kash and themepark... anything that either does not require going to anotehr NPC for authorization. Regardless, should be able to knock out atleast the bottom rung of every quest ladder in the game this way.

Posted: August 26th, 2008, 1:19 pm

itsmememe

Total Posts: 127
itsmememe's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
***Just remember to only hit complete on quests appropriate to your lvl... this way you do not waste valuable xp. If you're level 6, don't hit complete on a lvl 20 mission and only get 20% of that xp, look for lvl 6 missions and hit complete. You'll maximize your success with this trick if you pay attention and use what your journal gives you.

-J-

Posted: August 27th, 2008, 4:46 am

exfelon
exfelon's Reps:
the truth itsmeme speaks in the post above. appropriate level quests turn in you must.

Posted: October 1st, 2008, 8:35 am

cynn78

Total Posts: 4
cynn78's Reps: 0
premium
Is this still a valid method in the current incarnation of the game?

Posted: October 7th, 2008, 3:13 pm

arrowsmith

Total Posts: 19
arrowsmith's Reps: 0
premium
Yes it still works, but I'm only getting to level 48, not in the mid 50s. Yes, I followed the guide as stated and repeated by the OP and others.

Posted: January 28th, 2009, 9:39 pm

scubasteve4sq

Total Posts: 444
scubasteve4sq's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
combine this with an entertainer XP buff and a few of the TCG xp buffs and a few collection XP buffs and you can go very very far. i have gotten up to 215% xp bonus before

Posted: March 13th, 2009, 10:08 am

phelan1777

Total Posts: 348
phelan1777's Reps: 9
premium
I wanted to chime in that this is apparently still working to date as I am doing this with a new medic/Ent toon

Posted: June 26th, 2009, 2:43 am

ratero

Total Posts: 2
ratero's Reps: 0
I'm giving this a go right now and I'm currently on the Naboo quest line. I'm very new to STG so I would like to know exactly how many of these "lines" I need to complete before swapping over to Medic.

I've done the one for Tatooine and working on Naboo. How many are left and where are they. Just curious.

Posted: June 26th, 2009, 7:21 am

extract0rs

Total Posts: 139
extract0rs's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
ratero (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I'm giving this a go right now and I'm currently on the Naboo quest line. I'm very new to STG so I would like to know exactly how many of these "lines" I need to complete before swapping over to Medic.

I've done the one for Tatooine and working on Naboo. How many are left and where are they. Just curious.

Two more. Corellia and naboo

Posted: August 17th, 2009, 9:51 am

optagon

Total Posts: 2
optagon's Reps: 0
Here's the guide.

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?topic_id=250429

Posted: August 18th, 2009, 6:19 am

mrsflayre

Total Posts: 40
mrsflayre's Reps: 0
Now that you can start the droid thing after legacy that leads straight to the meatlump themepark so you should theoretically be able to grind your way to 90, do the droid quests act the same way where you can just bank the completed missions and turn them in? You may be able to get higher levels if so.

Posted: August 22nd, 2009, 5:58 am

nickobelenus

Total Posts: 114
nickobelenus's Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
nvm im just having a weetodd moment =P
(thought it was nerfed wasnt attacking them myself was fixing macro and ficed to much lol)

Posted: September 28th, 2009, 3:16 pm

cuervogold

Total Posts: 1088
cuervogold's Reps: 727
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
How far are you guys going on the legacy quest before you respec to a combat prof? Are you doing 100% of it and then getting a CL 45 or are you just doing the tat stuff?

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online