taultunleashed logo2 problems with SWG and macros : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 9 posts ] 
blue large dot

2 problems with SWG and macros : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions

Posted: December 1st, 2003, 7:01 pm

Daihlo
Daihlo's Reps:
System: XP pro - Pentium 4- ATI 9700 Pro - MS duel wireless KB and intelli mouse explorer 2.0 - all latest drivers and updates - no Antivirus program installed (removed for debug)All the latest updates and patches for system and devices

1) When ever i have xunleashed running with SWG - the SWG program crawls to a halt - like one frame every 5 seconds. Xunleashed stops and SWG goes back to normal. This does not happen with other programs btw only SWG.

2) This one makes me think its a SWG config / system conflict that may be causing both problems. I can not get ANY macro program (tried 3 that work for other programs) to send mouse clicks to SWG (cant use xunleashed cuz it locks SWG)I run in windowed mode with EQ style keymap. All mouse movments are captured fine but just no mouse clicks.[:-banghead]

any ideas on how to trouble shoot or a fix is appreciated. Anyone who fixes the problem will get 20 bucks via paypal [:D]

Posted: December 1st, 2003, 7:37 pm

Admin
Admin's Reps:
Daihlo, make sure that you do not have a virus scanner running in the background. You may need to even uninstall it as some keep dll's resident in memory even when deactivated.

Posted: December 1st, 2003, 7:49 pm

Daihlo
Daihlo's Reps:
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Admin</i>
<br />Daihlo, make sure that you do not have a virus scanner running in the background. You may need to even uninstall it as some keep dll's resident in memory even when deactivated.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
NAV2003 already removed from system - still having problem - any other ideas?

Posted: December 1st, 2003, 8:11 pm

WyvernX
WyvernX's Reps:
Try to remove any program you have running. Do a ctrl-ins-delete, and start just shutting down things except for systray and explorer. Hell, you can even shutdown explorer, and run xu form the task manager. Anything you can to find out what process is causing it.

Posted: December 5th, 2003, 4:33 am

drdeath
drdeath's Reps:
I notice a lot of slowdowns in windowed mode if I have multiple monitors running. If i turn it off then everything works fine again.

Posted: December 7th, 2003, 3:00 pm

Fadamor
Fadamor's Reps:
My slowdowns while running XUnleashed with SWG were solved by only running it when in a building (reduces the graphics workload immensely). If I tried it outside, eveything related to mouse movement slowed way down and clicks hardly ever got recorded. Indoors it worked fine.

Posted: December 7th, 2003, 3:32 pm

Admin
Admin's Reps:
I am reworking all of the hooking code that might help with these problems. Please let me know after I release 2.94 if it fixes it. (or helps)

Posted: December 10th, 2003, 9:29 pm

dikiem
dikiem's Reps:
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Admin</i>
<br />I am reworking all of the hooking code that might help with these problems. Please let me know after I release 2.94 if it fixes it. (or helps)

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I am having the same problem. SWG runs fine on my ATI 9500 Pro. I have an AMD Athlon 2700+ XP processor with 1.5GB of PC3200 RAM. Systems run fine with every.

It is just when Xunleashed is launched, the system craws on the frame rate down to 3-5 fps in SWG. That is the two things running too. I could have SWG with outlook, and tons of other application running and it is fine. Just SWG + Xunlaunched give it problem

I look at the task manager and noticed the Xunlaunched use 99% of the resources most of the time, thus causing this problem.

Any idea?

Posted: December 10th, 2003, 10:07 pm

Admin
Admin's Reps:
dikiem, make sure that you have turned off any firewall/anti-virus/system protection program. The way that xu grabs onto games, those programs could be trying to activly stop xu thinking it is a virus.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online