taultunleashed logoBuying an SWG account? Buyer beware!! : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 16 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

Buying an SWG account? Buyer beware!! : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions

Posted: June 27th, 2007, 5:34 pm

nsit2003
nsit2003's Reps:
I've had 4 accounts STOLEN from me after I paid for them! I don't buy them anymore .

Did you know that it doesnt matter that the seller has all the expansions. Those expansions are registered with the sellers' PC and your IP address. So when you sell it to someone else, the new buyer then has to buy the expansions UNLESS u sell the PC along with the account!

In addition,- U also need to give the BUYER the ORIGINAL EMAIL address and pw for that address that was used to register the SWG account.

If the seller wishes to go play his account 6 months after selling it, all he needs to STEAL back the account are 4 pieces of personal info that was used to register the account. I've had 4 accounts stolen from me this way after i had bought them.

So the question is, will u be supplying the Original email and pw for that email to the buyer?

BUYERS beware, there are no guarantees to virtual items that were sold on ebay and no protections!

Posted: June 27th, 2007, 5:39 pm

ghost40

Total Posts: 23
ghost40's Reps: 0
Buyer DOES NOT have to buy the expansions. All that is needed to steal back the account is the original credit card number that was used to activate the account.

But yes, this is happening all over the place. It happens in WoW ALOT.

Posted: June 27th, 2007, 5:48 pm

nsit2003
nsit2003's Reps:
I got 30 accounts and 60 characters on one server! Add to that 1300 days playing SWG, including 15 jedi...so I know what i'm talking about.

I REPEAT: Seller needs to give the buyer the ORIGINAL EMAIL ADDRESS plus the PASSWORD to that original email address that was used to register the account, and has nothing to do with the credit card number.

In Addition: THe SELLER also needs to give the Security info, Question and secret answer

Furhtermore, a buyer can never have 100% security against the seller, because the seller has all the ORIGINAL info that was started with.

WITHOUT the ORIGINAL EMAIL and Pw for that EMAIL, the SELLER can AT ANY TIME STEAL BACK THE ACCOUNT!! In this situation, the buyer is ABSOLUTELY POWERLESS to get his purchased account back!

Posted: June 27th, 2007, 5:51 pm

ghost40

nsit2003 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I got 30 accounts and 60 characters on one server! Add to that 1300 days playing SWG, including 15 jedi...so I know what i'm talking about.

I REPEAT: Seller needs to give the buyer the ORIGINAL EMAIL ADDRESS plus the PASSWORD to that original email address that was used to register the account, and has nothing to do with the credit card number.

In Addition: THe SELLER also needs to give the Security info, Question and secret answer

Furhtermore, a buyer can never have 100% security against the seller, because the seller has all the ORIGINAL info that was started with.

WITHOUT the ORIGINAL EMAIL and Pw for that EMAIL, the SELLER can AT ANY TIME STEAL BACK THE ACCOUNT!! In this situation, the buyer is ABSOLUTELY POWERLESS to get his purchased account back!

Not going to get into a flaming war with you, but what you just posted, has NOTHING to do with what I added lol

Posted: June 27th, 2007, 6:04 pm

nsit2003
nsit2003's Reps:
What ur talking about is STEALING an ACCOUNT

You represent the SELLER

I am representing the BUYER, THEREFORE, UR TRASH POSTS belong on a separate thread

I WAS PASSING ON MY EXPEREINCES ABOUT WHAT I HAVE LEARNED FROM HAVING MANY ACCOUNTS, THAT I BOUGHT, STOLEN FROM ME.

Posted: June 27th, 2007, 6:10 pm

ghost40

I was simply adding to what you said. All that was needed was the orig cc info. 8)

Posted: June 27th, 2007, 6:27 pm

nsit2003
nsit2003's Reps:
There is a CHEAT DISCUSSION board for what u 2 users can talk about how to STEAL an Acoount over there.

And i'm going to repeat what i said.

When a buyer buys an SWG account, it can be stolen away from him unless he has the original email and pw for that email that was used to Register the account on the first day it was created.

plus all the other personal info is needed too.

How to steal accounts doesnt doesnt belong here.

Go and start a new post on the CHEAT discussion board.

Posted: June 30th, 2007, 3:13 am

shawninqatar
shawninqatar's Reps:
Instead of getting all heated why don't you listen to what he is saying...

I just recently had to reset my password...and you know what they asked for? Not the original e-mail address...they asked for the last four digits of the credit card used to first activate the game.

So, it does NOT matter if you are given the original e-mail address when you buy the account, the original owner can take it back at any time just by knowing the original credit card number...so yeah...buyer beware.

Posted: July 3rd, 2007, 4:04 am

zeffan20
zeffan20's Reps:
yeh umm they ask for the very very very first card number used to subscribe to that account, it makes NO difference what so ever about the first email, because a credit card is a lil bit more secure then an email on say yahoo hahaha. you are a 1337 n00b sir

Posted: July 4th, 2007, 7:17 am

nsit2003
nsit2003's Reps:
I been playing SWG 1338 days, SO i am not any type of noob, u dweeb... and i'm 2x ur age to boot.

many of my purchased accounts started with game cards so there was no
credit card

and besides its a huge security risk to ask the seller to give his cred card number.

dont forget to cover all the bases.

Posted: October 17th, 2007, 6:20 am

crestfall
crestfall's Reps:
Stop being an !@#$%^&* who cares how many days you've played or how many accounts you have, you don't LISTEN! My account was opened on Day ONE! That does not mean I can yell at people and tell them they suck, but I can tell you that you suck! You posted a pointless thread, and then bash all the posters. For one you have to many accounts to be this dumb, second you are dumb so please go somewhere else. And when I wanted my account back after giving it to someone else they asked for my cc number, they could give a rats !@#$%^&* about my e-mail address. I asked for the info from a different unrelated soe account even and still got it, only because I had the correct cc number. So yes you are a waste of space, please leave now.

Posted: October 20th, 2007, 9:51 am

vinnyboy32

Total Posts: 1872
vinnyboy32's Reps: 3
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
nsit2003 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I been playing SWG 1338 days, SO i am not any type of noob, u dweeb... and i'm 2x ur age to boot.

many of my purchased accounts started with game cards so there was no
credit card

and besides its a huge security risk to ask the seller to give his cred card number.

dont forget to cover all the bases.

Lol dude stfu, Stop being a idiot. Just cuz your accounts got stolen doesent meen you have to come on this site and take it out on us. I have never bought a account from Ebay, But if your gonna come onto this site and make some crazy post and get mad at everyone who reply's then we dont really care about your accounts,

btw your acting like a little noob right now.

Posted: October 23rd, 2007, 3:32 pm

revjosh

Total Posts: 265
revjosh's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
Original Poster:

Chill out.

1. The expansions are registered to the account. I play SWG on 2-3 PCs depending where I am. (College, home, etc)

2. You assume the risk by purchasing an unprotected virtual character. SOE does not permit the selling of accounts and eBay no longer does either. So if you buy one, keep in mind you have no protection from any of those sources.

3. You're an idiot :)

Posted: October 27th, 2007, 4:18 am

4reakin2
4reakin2's Reps:
I once traded an account to !@#$%^&*, and they offered me a hundred for it stating it would never sell. The next week I see it on there site for 900 and when I call and ask about it they said oops sorry I sold it blah blah.

When I took it back they tried saying they where gonna sue me, and I laughed and laughed it was hilarious. Anyways yea its dead easy to get an account back, they actually asked me for that stuff like last 4 of original cc used on account etc so they had it all. I just sent in a picture of my cd's with a copy of my drivers license and bam they gave it right back and apparently banned all the accounts that where active with the credit card they used on my account cause I said it was stolen.

Thats what you should really be worried about if you do have 30 accounts. If the person says you stole there account, sony could suspend or perma ban all the accounts attached to your credit card:)~

Posted: November 15th, 2007, 4:53 pm

nsit2003
nsit2003's Reps:
WEll 2 yrs ago, they would let u pay for 2 accts with 1cc, So 30 / 2 = 15 cc? nope there are other ways to pay that many accts

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online