taultunleashed logoI want to know everything about how SWG tracks CREDITS : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 21 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

I want to know everything about how SWG tracks CREDITS : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions

Posted: December 4th, 2005, 12:00 pm

kaiquon
kaiquon's Reps:
how do the big chinese companies buy and sell credits and never get caught?
i notice one thing they do is they never tip the money. they say they will meet you to transfer your credits. so it seems SWG tracks tips.

i know SWG tracks large increases in wealth of players (a dev said so), such as if some 4 month old character suddenly gets 800 million in a week. they probably then check to see if they are duping or just transfering from another account they own

so what is the fool proof way to "hide" and transfer credits?

Posted: December 6th, 2005, 2:17 pm

zylon_blade
zylon_blade's Reps:
there probly isn't one unless you are someone who knows the program code, and the dev's trick to find you.
Although, you never know if there is soom loop hole somewhere...
maybe trading lots a valuable items for les valuable ones here and there?
then selling them.
all though, if you take your time and transfer 1mill at a time and not enough in one week or so to attract attention you should be able to transfer infinet amounts...
just my thoughts on it.

Posted: December 6th, 2005, 5:30 pm

kaiquon
kaiquon's Reps:
good points. i was thinking that there must be some way to do it undetected since thoe big chinese companies do it all the time

what about PA halls? hmmm

Posted: December 6th, 2005, 7:43 pm

psycosis
psycosis's Reps:
Developers can track all the credits. If you arouse suspicion, they'll find out.

Posted: December 6th, 2005, 11:40 pm

kmac2464
kmac2464's Reps:
yea or if you own a city or guild for a city you can have them put it in the terminal then you can take it out same for guild or you can say it was a guild/city donation just my thoughts :D

Posted: December 8th, 2005, 1:56 pm

mkupka2
mkupka2's Reps:
I didnt know that selling credits was (SWG) illegal

Posted: December 8th, 2005, 4:21 pm

kaiquon
kaiquon's Reps:
it's not illegal. but its not allowed by the company that makes the game. so worst case scenario is they ban your account

i'd say so far we have not been able to accumulate any information whatsoever.

anyone know how the big chinese companies sell credits all day and not get banned?

Posted: December 8th, 2005, 8:52 pm

psycosis
psycosis's Reps:
SWG credits transactions are tracked in an sql database. Actually, ALL actions are tracked in an sql database. They can see all the transactions, gains and losses that you've done since the game started. When the big dupes happend about a yr and a half ago. They tracked down the dupers, who they gave credits to, and then who they gave credits to. They banned them all and then unbanned on a case-by-case basis. People were banned because they had a vendor that the duped credits were used at. Most of the non-dupers were unbanned but the credits were taken away.

Posted: December 8th, 2005, 9:22 pm

kaiquon
kaiquon's Reps:
ok, but how come there are thousands of auctions of swg credits all day every day by the same companies and they seem to never get caught or very seldom?

also about the dupe, they didnt remove all of the credits, a lot of it stayed in the game, they even admitted this. so some people seem to know how to hide it. maybe something like putting it in a pa hall and then deeding it

Posted: December 9th, 2005, 9:25 am

psycosis
psycosis's Reps:
kaiquon (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
ok, but how come there are thousands of auctions of swg credits all day every day by the same companies and they seem to never get caught or very seldom?

also about the dupe, they didnt remove all of the credits, a lot of it stayed in the game, they even admitted this. so some people seem to know how to hide it. maybe something like putting it in a pa hall and then deeding it
There's no link between ebay and in-game. If someone sends you 10 million credits, they can't tell they were sold on ebay. You can get 1000 trial accounts and farm the credits all day.

Posted: December 9th, 2005, 10:08 am

tault_danceofthedead
tault_danceofthedead's Reps:
but the people who do the trading of credits are the same people every time, so they should be able to find who they are. I know because I know someone who trades credits daily and use the same acct

Posted: December 9th, 2005, 12:16 pm

kaiquon
kaiquon's Reps:
well sales can be tracked. cause my friend got his account banned 2 months ago. he told me he sold a total of 200 million credits and had 100 million more to sell and was banned. when he asked them why they said he was selling credits.

he believes the reason he was banned is because he sold 15 million at a time and always bank tipped it and fugured they look for parterns in bank tips

Posted: December 9th, 2005, 12:17 pm

kaiquon
kaiquon's Reps:
if you notice, most of the big credit sellers NEVER bank tip the credits

i am not interested in an argument but in an accumulation of knowledge that we can all use

Posted: December 9th, 2005, 4:14 pm

psycosis
psycosis's Reps:
kaiquon (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
well sales can be tracked. cause my friend got his account banned 2 months ago. he told me he sold a total of 200 million credits and had 100 million more to sell and was banned. when he asked them why they said he was selling credits.

he believes the reason he was banned is because he sold 15 million at a time and always bank tipped it and fugured they look for parterns in bank tips
SOE has people buy the credits off of ebay and then when you show up or tell them your nick, of course they're going to ban you. My CSR on the inside told me about this when I asked him.

Posted: December 9th, 2005, 4:58 pm

kaiquon
kaiquon's Reps:
SOE doesn't buy credits, first off it costs money, second off it is illegal if you put a proper disclaimer on your auctions.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online