taultunleashed logoNeed some swg help - first time user : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 20 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

Need some swg help - first time user : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions

Posted: July 28th, 2003, 6:36 am

atari2600
atari2600's Reps:
I am having problems getting Xunleashed to work with SWG. When I push the play button, the game boots up fine but I don't have the toolbar popping up at the bottom of the screen. Everything looks like it is running ok, but it is my first time using so I really am not sure. I see what the windows for accessing the macros look like from the little skin samples in the launcher, but I have yet to been able to make them show, in the game or out of it.

I looked over the forums and tried the stuff that the other posts suggested, but I can't get everything to work. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

<b>Download Attachment:</b> [url="http://xunleashed.dyndns.org:81/forum/data/atari2600/200372893341_XUnleashedLog.txt"][img]images/icon_paperclip.gif[/img] XUnleashedLog.txt[/url]<br />1.3 KB

Posted: July 28th, 2003, 7:39 am

WyvernX
WyvernX's Reps:
Is that the complete log?

It looks like the directx9 is not getting created. Does the game crash for you?

If that is NOT all of the log, then it could be working fine. You may not be able to see the xu logo, or the toolbar if you are not running fullscreen. Try using the ctrl-ins-1 or ctrl-ins-2 and see if the macro or trigger windows come up.

Posted: July 28th, 2003, 7:58 am

atari2600
atari2600's Reps:
Yes. That is the whole log that I get. The game works fine as far as I can tell. That log was generated after I had been logged in the game through the Play button. I fiddled around trying to get the bar to pop up and then /logout from the game.

Posted: July 28th, 2003, 8:01 am

atari2600
atari2600's Reps:
ctrl - ins - 1 didn't work for me. I wound up selecting myself (ctrl-1 in the game) instead. Is there a particualr keymap I should be using? I was running windowed mode also.

Posted: July 28th, 2003, 9:23 am

WyvernX
WyvernX's Reps:
Try running the SWG config utility in the game directory and change from full screen/windowed and see if it makes a difference.

Posted: July 28th, 2003, 9:23 am

WyvernX
WyvernX's Reps:
Oh, also try running the dx9config test and see if it works fine there.

Posted: July 28th, 2003, 1:28 pm

atari2600
atari2600's Reps:
ok, heres what I did: ran all the tests in the xunleashed folder and changed windowed to fullscreen in the game. I still can't see anything when I'm in the game and move the mouse to the bottom. I got the same log file as before also. I noticed that when I look at the plugin status it says "unknown" while I have swg running.

Posted: July 28th, 2003, 1:45 pm

atari2600
atari2600's Reps:
I figured that I might as well re-install Xunleashed to see if that would help. I ran into a new problem when I ran the file that you get at http://xunleashed.dyndns.org:7000/XUnle ... rtDLLs.xui

It patches for a minute or two and then the patcher says:

Connecting to update server...

Retrieving the file: XunleashedNews.txt

the launcher hangs and you get this message:

An error ocurred while attempting to download the file, Error:12159

followed by:

There was an error while updating. The system may become unstable due to incomplete updates.

if I hit Launch after these it tells me:

Missing library

Failed to load XunleashedGUI

Hope this is enough info to be helpful. If you need me to do anything, let me know. I'm not a computer guru, but I can follow instructions.

Posted: July 28th, 2003, 3:16 pm

MacLeod22
MacLeod22's Reps:
What version of windows are you using? I couldn't get mine to work with Windows ME for some reason. I upgraded to XP.. not just for this progam I was also having problems with having more than 512mb of ram with ME as well. So I figured this gave me yet another excuse to upgrade.

Posted: July 28th, 2003, 4:18 pm

Admin
Admin's Reps:
Remove all plugins that you can by uninstalling them.

Then run the program again. If your plugins fails to load, XU will not load.

Posted: July 28th, 2003, 9:22 pm

atari2600
atari2600's Reps:
I can't get them to uninstall. It tells me that I can only remove 3rd party plugins. I am using WinME too.

Posted: July 28th, 2003, 9:37 pm

atari2600
atari2600's Reps:
I forgot to add something earlier. Once I get the first Missing library message, I have to reinstall the program to get past the intial launcher screen. I couldn't get far enough in through the patching process to have access to the plugin tab, it would hang up immediately.

Posted: July 29th, 2003, 5:57 am

Admin
Admin's Reps:
Yes, you cannot remove the included plugins.

It sounds like your system is missing some needed dll's. You might try the support dll download in the documentation forum.

Posted: July 29th, 2003, 6:54 am

atari2600
atari2600's Reps:
I'm having problems with that support download. I get errors like I describe a few posts up when I run it. Once I get the errors, I have to re-install Xunleashed because the patcher hangs up as soon as I run it.

Posted: July 29th, 2003, 7:44 am

WyvernX
WyvernX's Reps:
It sounds like one of two things.

1. You could have a virus on your system.
2. Your current system config is incompatible with XU. Upgrading to winXP will probably resolve those incompatibilities.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online