taultunleashed logoProblem with crafting macro.. : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 5 posts ] 
blue large dot

Problem with crafting macro.. : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions

Posted: March 7th, 2004, 10:56 am

xlc77
xlc77's Reps:
Ok so I'm grinding rifle barrels for weaponsmith using xunleashed.

I've made a macro and tested it, and I've watched it do over 20 successful runs. Now later on, after some time of the automated crafting, all of a sudden my packet loss will go up to 95 percent, shown by the network monitor in swg, and the macro will continue to try and craft but the crafting stations will freeze and cease to count down their timers(im assuming they freeze because of the packet loss) then the macro continues to move through the crafting stations eventually catching up with itself and gets stuck on the message "you are already crafting" when it runs into one of the frozen crafting tools.

Posted: March 7th, 2004, 10:58 am

WyvernX
WyvernX's Reps:
You can try to slow down the crafting macro and see if that hhelps.

Another user said to craft away from crafting stations.

Posted: March 7th, 2004, 11:03 am

xlc77
xlc77's Reps:
Sorry, didn't mean crafting stations.. im in the middle of nowhere when I'm crafting. Also I made my macro so that it utilizes 6 crafting tools. The items I am crafting only take 9 seconds to complete, so using 6 crafting stations I assumed it would never catch up with itself, because by the time the macro completes the 6th craft, when it loops back the crafting tools 1-5 are all free. Yet somehow it still manages to catch up with itself when it lags or causes packet loss, i'm stumped.

Also when using the program, in the middle of the wilderness where I would normally be getting 29fps constant, i'm getting around 9fps.

I've looked at a previous solution to slowdown by making sure I run the game from the xunleashed program, but I've always been doing that.

Posted: March 7th, 2004, 11:06 am

WyvernX
WyvernX's Reps:
Try looking at the ground, and also turning off any antivirus programs. Even if you have it turned off, it still could have a process running. You may need to go into your services control panel and disable them manually. Macafee is the WORST. It has a process updateui or something like that which really really really lags xu when playing macros.

Posted: March 7th, 2004, 11:34 am

xlc77
xlc77's Reps:
I've got norton, I dont know which processes to disable though.. anybody else got norton?

I've disabled auto protect but there are several processes that look to be related to it, I'll do some more experimenting, thanks.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online