taultunleashed logoQuestion for the swg people : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 13 posts ] 
blue large dot

Question for the swg people : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions

Posted: April 24th, 2011, 5:24 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
So this is something that has been mulled over. Creating 3 sections for each area. The sections will go as the following.

1) We have cheats exploits and guides which has a ton of stuff free to the public, this in turn should help more people post and get more things out there.

2) We have then a premium exploits, bots, and hacks section. People can see the posts in here but they cant actually read the posts without sharing or donating to the site.

3) We have a invite only section. This will contain a few specialty hacks that users dont want the general community to view.

All in all i believe this will help the site grow more which is the ultimate goal. What are your thoughts? Since swg is a very big section here its nice to get your opinions to start.

Posted: April 24th, 2011, 6:19 pm

r04r

Total Posts: 387
r04r's Reps: 9
premium
Sounds good :D

Section 1 might require the occasional moderator move to gain some content, but it sounds good!

Posted: April 24th, 2011, 9:10 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Well we would take the cream of the crop of stuff from swg for example and move it to the elite swg area. Then the rest we would allow free to the community. This in turn would help the areas grow more. Its not something we are planning on implementing right away but its on the back burner to come out soon. We have 4 big things this week.

First of all points coming back finally which everyone enjoys with an actual usable store.

Secondly We are cropping out the user database of a ton of inactive users from 3 years ago. We have a giant database and this saves space and site speed.

Thirdly is a chat area for members. It may be premium only we havent fully decided yet.

Fourthly is something awesome but it might go into the next week and maybe one more after that so it wont be announced until its completed.

Posted: April 25th, 2011, 12:44 pm

cuervogold

Total Posts: 1088
cuervogold's Reps: 727
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Who would determine what folks had access to elite content?

I would like to suggest a premium view only tutorial section as well. It would be used to discuss coding, debugging, tools (no program warz links) and what not for the purpose of helping others learn how to do the work. It would help create more coders, hackers and what not.

Posted: April 25th, 2011, 12:55 pm

evilfigment

Total Posts: 262
evilfigment's Reps: 1101
premium
The problem with this site atm is trust, theres alot of members that are trustable but due to the minoriy (or majority?) of people that leech/report/share makes it frustrating to actually contribute valuable (or nerfable) stuff anymore.

Posted: April 25th, 2011, 2:04 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Well that is going to be a different area. We have some fixes. First of all for people being annoyed with stuff being taken aka apps. We are working on a way for members to have things protected with a login authentication.

When it comes to exploits well thats the nature of the beast. However we are adding back in the points mod to help reward those people more. Real prizes ect ect will be added as well. AKA getting swg in game credits by using tu bucks.

Keep in mind tu bucks will be granted now only by submissions and we will do weekly contests for posting for free premium. This should in turn give members the ability to not only get premium for being new and just posting. But help give members who contribute to the site just rewards for sharing.

Posted: April 27th, 2011, 7:58 am

heration

Total Posts: 21
heration's Reps: 2
premium
Sounds good, liking the changes personally.

Posted: May 3rd, 2011, 1:37 pm

whiteboymike

Total Posts: 36
whiteboymike's Reps: 2
I like that sound of that, even for someone not registerd as elite.

I think what would also help is the subscription aspect.

Having one subscription at a lower price for SWG access only would be extremely helpful.

Certainly I have debated 100's of times about joining, but given the price and the ability for people to pass on these hacks / splots / advantages to other forums makes the subscription seem less than a good value.

Rduce the cost and i'd happily join.

Posted: May 3rd, 2011, 2:45 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Well white boy its only 25 dollars we may drop it to 20 dollars but even then you are getting tons of stuff for multiple games. It should be a pretty good deal overall for all games. Splitting up on a per game basis seems to cause more trouble than good. Its harder for people to track it.

Posted: May 6th, 2011, 1:37 am

whiteboymike

I think if it was reduced to 20, that would be alot better. I agree of the tons of content, but for players who play mabye one or two games, the range of content is not a prime reason to join. I can however see your point re: tracking and some of the difficulties that would entail.

Perhapps running a half-price offer during certain periods migth be an option?

Posted: May 8th, 2011, 2:22 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Yea we may start doing specials for people.

Posted: May 9th, 2011, 10:56 am

whiteboymike

sounds g8 !

Posted: November 10th, 2011, 4:26 pm

sparktite

Total Posts: 178
sparktite's Reps: 6
Active User > 50 Posts
Isnt this already basically the structure for this site? Theres part 1 and 2 already on here, but idk about the 3rd one. If theres a invite only section for exploits or guide/hacks please let me know cuz im not the type to spread around glitches sploits or hacks, i only will discuss them in the threads where i learned about them or in the sub section of the forum from which i found the info.

Im desperate to get any form of cash flow or items in the game right now so i can try and rebuild the 3 accounts that i have lost and cant resubscribe thanks to SOE. Im even willing to buy accounts and or credits, but im not about to pay more than what credits were worth several months ago, when everything in game is so cheap now, and people are saying credits arent worth even a fraction of what they use to be worth.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online