taultunleashed logoQuestion for the XU team regarding SWG : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 5 posts ] 
blue large dot

Question for the XU team regarding SWG : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions

Posted: August 28th, 2003, 12:09 pm

zeed
zeed's Reps:
At this point, what is Xunleashed capable of in SWG? The reason I ask is this:

Ive seen up to this point very basic unintelligent macros: "click here, delay, click here, delay, loop"... Even the occasional "Pixel color = x, sit, delay, loop" etc.

I am personally looking for an engine or plug to allow me to read waypoints from missions, or perhaps get stats off an item and drop to text or screen. I have a feeling I need to get into the network stream to do that... any ideas? How do we graduate from basic and unintelligent, to advanced and very smart macros? What is the next technological step either for me as the end user or for you as the XU team?

Posted: August 28th, 2003, 12:15 pm

Admin
Admin's Reps:
Basically, before you see any of that kind of intelligent system of macros and plugin, somebody will need to get into the data stream. Because it is encrypted, it might be a while before those surface.

Posted: August 28th, 2003, 12:43 pm

zeed
zeed's Reps:
My friend was able to create a dll and use wsock v2 to sit on top of the data stream, whatever that means (programming jargon) but he said the hard part was the decryption, pretty much the same thing you said.

Does anyone have the motivation do work on this?

Posted: August 29th, 2003, 1:01 pm

crem
crem's Reps:
I'd like to give it a go, but I haven't been able to find a good packet sniffer.. anyone have any good suggestions?

Posted: August 29th, 2003, 1:13 pm

Admin
Admin's Reps:
There is one built into XU. I am putting together a plugin that will just dump out the logs. I'll give out the VB Source as well, so you can modify it to your needs.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online